Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 20 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:20 pm

lol XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17184

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:31 pm

I just feel the rant here, even though you and anyone else here might not even know what I'm talking about. Anyway I hate with Smash Brawl how they have these things called smash balls.

These balls just appear in the fights randomly and anyone can get them. They float randomly all around the place to and have to be attacked a few times to acquire their power. They totally ruin the game because it's like everyone's nuclear bomb power.

It's alright for one player games, but sucks for free for all. Once someone gets on of those, there's no way to kill them or even dodge there attack. It seriously ruins the game and I don't know why they bothered making them.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18544

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:34 pm

that sounds stupid. it sounds similar to the things you can get along the race tracks in any racing game. i remember as a kid, i hated using them because i wanted to win 'fair and square' against the computer XD. but now, i just use it whenever i get the chance XD.

these things however, sound way worse. and yeah...it's stupid.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:36 pm

It is. For example Star Fox attack is a giant tank that he gets to ride around it. It's almost as big as all of the arenas, can deal out too much damage and kill people instantly, no one can hurt or kill fox, and he gets to use it for well over a minute.

That's just like one of the few overpowered special attacks everyone has. It's stupid and should had been weakened because someone who sucks at the game and never played it can beat a bunch of good players several times over.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:43 pm

yeah that sucks. though, i probably wouldnt mind it if i played simply because i dont know how to play the game at all XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:52 pm

It sucks though when people are playing matches and do nothing but try to get those and spam cheat attacks.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:54 pm

lol yeah, that sounds pretty bad XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:31 pm

It also doesn't help that some characters smash attacks are next to useless while another ones can nuke the entire arena for well over a minute. I honestly don't know what they were thinking.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:34 pm

lol XD awww man, that's terrible.

hopefully they'll fix that for the next game.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:01 pm

That's why random online battles suck, because you can't disable those attacks. Plus the fact that it's super laggy.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:28 pm

yeah. i mean, i have a game that you can play online but i dont like to because i dont use the special attacks. i use just the regular stuff....so i dont want to play against people that are going to use special stuff on me =p.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Yeah but with this game you either fight multiplayer or with AIs. The AIs are so stupid at low levels and incredibly ridiculous at high. There's really not like a middle and the higher they are the more resistant they are to any attack. It's not because they're more skilled, but because they have every handicap imaginable.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:07 pm

that sucks then.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:11 pm

I know! And that's why I log random online brawl matches, which takes forever to find players. All the time they go and time out so you have to find new players. Finally when you get into a game everyone you're up against either got so pissed that they're all AFK or the game is going as slow as a snail moving on molasses.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:31 pm

yeah, that sounds like it sucks. if i had brawl, id play. but i dont.

i have that super mario bros though. but its my sister's game so i have to ask if i can use it...and i dont know if it's an online game ._.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:36 pm

Which one? Mario Kart or the New Super Mario Bros? Kart is online, but I don't think Galaxy and New are, actually I know Galaxy isn't.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:38 pm

New Super Mario Bros.

i think we have Mario Kart as well. i dont know, i dont play the Wii that much. Epic Mickey was my first Wii game that I played all the way through.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:43 pm

Really? But you have a Wii? Epic Mickey didn't even utilize the Wii's motion controls effectively, from what I've heard. You should totally try a few games out, like Kirby's Epic Yarn. I know you would really like that game.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:50 pm

Epic Mickey sucked in the gameplay department lol.

ive played a few of my sister's games. im actually terrible at the motion controls XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:54 pm

Have you ever played Kirby's Epic Yarn though? It doesn't have much to do with the motion sensors. It's a game made up all of sewing materials and kind of looks like a high tech stop motion.

Zelda is also an interesting game and is one of the better games that utilizes the controls correctly. The Mario Galaxy's are pretty awesome with landscape design. It's one of the reasons why I still play those games to this day, they're so creative and colorful.

You might also like Silent Hill Shattered Memories. It's a psychological horror mystery game.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:08 pm

i dont know what Kirby's Epic Yarn is.

Which Zelda are you talking about? Twilight Princess? I wanted to get Twilight Princess but we never got it. So I didn't play that game either...and I know how it ends so there's no point in playing it XD.

There's no way in hell I'm playing Silent Hill. Those games are scary.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:14 pm

This Silent Hill is different then the other ones. This isn't a hack and slash one like the others. It's more about searching for clues and whatnot. Of course you do so in a dark forest at night when it's foggy, but still.

And yes Twilight Princess. Who cares how a game ends. I never play a game just to see how it ends. That sounds like too much of a chore. I play/buy a game because it's fun throughout the entire game.

You don't know who Kirby is? The pink puffball, seriously you've never heard of him?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Yeah, no, I'm not going through the woods at night in fog looking for clues even if it is virtual XD.

I play the games for the stories for the most part. That's why I go all out on video games with stories. Because I want to know what happens next in the story XD. It's like reading a book for me lol.

And I don't like dungeons which is what Zelda's all about. I remember with Windwaker I would just stop, leave the dungeon, and ride the boat around for no reason because I wanted to be outside in the game XD.

I know who Kirby is. I've just never heard of the Kirby Yarn game.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:25 pm

Are you sure you wouldn't want to go through a graveyard/forest seeing these things at night?

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/silent-hill-shattered-memories-wii-screenshot.jpg

I don't mean that games don't need stories, but they also need to be fun as well. Red Dead Redemption has so much replay value to it because there's so much you can do quest wise as well as just goofing off. The story itself is just as interesting. That is just but one example.

And honestly dungeons totally beat the hell out of the sea. There's nothing you can do out in the sea, it's just a pile of nothing out there lol. Most Zelda games rarely have anything to do with dungeons. They actually go by so quickly.

I'm going by memory here, which is kind of fuzzy now, but I think Twilight Princess had the least amount of dungeon time.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:37 pm

it's 9:30 pm so im not even going to look at the picture you posted lol

i liked just riding the boat around for no reason lol XD. and i went to that island with all the side quests and did some of those.

if Twilight princess has the least dungeons, then ill do it. but Windwaker felt like dungeon after dungeon at one point. which was why i stopped playing it and then had to go back XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next