Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

3 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP? - Page 9 Empty Re: School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

Post  Loyal Subject Tue May 03, 2011 10:40 pm

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP? - Page 9 Empty Re: School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

Post  Lee Fri May 06, 2011 5:37 pm

So what projects do you have left to work on? Is school coming to a close soon for you as well?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri May 06, 2011 6:05 pm

i just have the documentary to finish. which im not too happy with.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri May 06, 2011 6:07 pm

Really? I thought you were really happy as to how it was going. Is it the project itself or the group?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri May 06, 2011 6:30 pm

it's a little of both. the group is terrible as a group but there are two things i dont like about the project:

1. this is nit picking but at one point, someone is mentioning how they got into anime because they were watching Batman one day and someone told them to look into Dragon Ball Z. but my professor made us cut the video so it sounds like Batman the Animated series is an anime and it's not. which annoys me because i know it's not an anime.

2. the other thing i dont like is when the video describes anime fans. one person says anime fans are kind of a group of outcasts. but we never got the other side of the story where not all anime fans are outcasts. the one girl we were going to interview we couldn't because she was busy and the groupmate that interviewed someone that could validate the 'anime fans aren't outcasts' didn't ask that question. so now it sounds like we're stereotyping and i dont like that.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri May 06, 2011 6:36 pm

But doesn't Batman have traces of anime in it? Is this the series with that kid who takes over Bruce's identity in the future, because that is inspired by it slightly.

If it bothers you that much, keep it in. You just have to hold your ground when your professor confronts you on it and be really forward and strict about it. Those classes aren't just about making something and than tweaking it to the professor's liking, even if it is that pain in the ass teacher.

Trust me, I've had pain in the asses like him as professors during my years, and I didn't always follow their advice/orders and sometimes they gave me good grades despite what they had said previously. Just hold your ground if you decide to do that. I know you're not the type to be very forward, but this line of education and career often asks for it.

I see what you mean about the second part. It also depends on who you ask. You probably need a huge and wide range, because even people you ask about Civil War reenacting, if you were to interview them about reenacting won't say the exact same things. You'd be surprised how differently they would answer it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 pm

they have anime type properties but they aren't anime. it's not a huge deal but it just bothered me a little...i can't keep it in anymore though cause the project is due tuesday and the file is at the school....unless i go back up to the school and fix it...which would be monday. worse case scenario, ill fix it on my own, during my own time and keep that version and give that version to people.

and yeah, i get that everyone says different things. its just that i dont want there to be a stereotype of the anime fan. im hoping though that the visuals and watching the people who are talking about anime will be enough of a hint to see that not all fans follow that pattern of being an 'outcast'. it still bothers me though...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri May 06, 2011 7:37 pm

Did you manage to only interview those with that mindset?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri May 06, 2011 7:51 pm

no and that's why im annoyed. we interviewed five people total. one person we had to cut right away because the audio was bad and we didn't have time to reshoot. plus, we had to cut a character anyway so we chose that person because they weren't free anytime soon to reshoot. then we had Vic, person 1, 2, and 3. we didn't ask Vic too much about the types of fans he sees, he mostly talked about the fans who email him and the Risembool Rangers. but we had to cut that out.

then we had the three other people. the one person was that 'outcast type' who didn't have many friends in high school and what not. then, the other two people really weren't like that at all. but one of the people said a majority of anime fans are a sort of outcast. though, he kind of fumbles with it as though it's kind of hard to categorize. then the other person wasn't asked anything like that so we don't know his opinion.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri May 06, 2011 7:57 pm

You're taking out Vic's parts? Really? I thought that was the whole reason why this project was started. Also couldn't you just have that one lady just do a sykpe voice chat so you could record what she exactly said and than just add it onto the film?

Or have someone else just do her voice and kill the original audio? It won't be as good as had it worked correctly, but you won't have to get rid of it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri May 06, 2011 8:05 pm

we have to take out parts of every interview. we interviewed Vic for like an hour and the documentary has to be 8 minutes lol XD

the problem was we had a deadline to have everything filmed and she was in the school play. so we couldn't get any kind of interview with her before deadline. and we had too many people in the documentary as is so we just decided to cut her.

the problem with the other two people was i didn't even meet those other two people who weren't the 'outcast' types. my ass partner knew them and interviewed them. at first, i thought this was fine because i didnt know he was going to be an ass and not get stuff done. but by the time me and my other partner realized what he was doing, it was too late so we had to keep his people in it. and he didn't get everything that we needed for those two characters. i mean, he didn't even film friggin B-roll of any of them. he just had pictures of one person cosplaying. when we filmed our person, we had TONS of B-roll of them. and for Vic, I got a TON of B-roll at the con and we put footage of him as a kid in our video because he has some online for his fans to see.

B-roll by the way is when you put images/video over a person talking. so for the two people the ass partner filmed, we just used anime clips. and he flat out lied to us and told us he had gotten b-roll of one of the people and he didn't.

so yeah....but considering it was mostly just me and one other person working on the project who didn't have any equipment or anything, i think the project came out good. im just irritated because i know it could have been better had we not been stuck with the jerk partner.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri May 06, 2011 8:13 pm

It's a good thing you told me what a B-roll is. Well it sounds like you're doing a good job for the problems you've faced, like you've said. Good luck with the rest of it and I'd really like to see it when you're done!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri May 06, 2011 8:23 pm

oh it is so going on youtube and vimeo because, like i said, im going to show it to Todd and Vic.

actually, Todd asked about it when i was at the con and said he would look out for it. yeah....that con was awesome.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri May 06, 2011 8:27 pm

Well good luck with that! Hopefully he'll take a peek!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri May 06, 2011 8:38 pm

yes, hopefully! and then maybe he'll let me intern :D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 11, 2011 5:52 pm

I finally finished my project and the class is over!...Yeah I just wanted to say that, to confirm it, and get it off my chest. Over three months of non-stop work, but it was worth it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 11, 2011 6:21 pm

so where is it? =p

can i post the link to my anime doc here so i can get other opinions before i show it to Vic and Todd? when we played it in school there were some SERIOUS volume issues. but then i played it at my house and it was fine....so i dont know if it's my equipment/settings or if it's the school's or if it's both....

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 11, 2011 6:31 pm

You wouldn't like it.

Sure, but I'll have to look at it later. I'm at school still, at a public quiet zone. So I don't want to be a nuisance to others studying and meeting deadlines on things. I will definitely take a look at it later though.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 11, 2011 6:49 pm

what? ive been waiting weeks to see it!

okay, ill post the link when it's done uploading :D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 11, 2011 6:53 pm

...I have the file, but it's not online. I really don't want to add it to youtube, because they kill quality. I want the best quality for the four months I've been working on it.

How would I go around uploading an animation on DeviantArt? It's in a movie file format .mov, is that still considered film?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 11, 2011 6:56 pm

i think so...so i dont think you'd be able to upload it.

you can try vimeo. thats where im going to put mine when i show it to todd and vic.

and this is the link to mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT5Smo2LoqQ
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Well I also want to upload it to DeviantArt also. I know that they accept movie files...damn I wish there was somewhere we could easily ask these questions.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 11, 2011 7:23 pm

i heard they only accept .mov files if you 'audition' for the film section of dA.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 11, 2011 7:27 pm

Yeah and any sounds you have that you haven't created yourself will cause you to get in trouble. They won't accept it either.

So funny, but they let thieves through the goddamn radar so easily.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 11, 2011 7:43 pm

oh i already posted stuff where i didnt own everything. they allow you to do that as long as it's school projects. you're protected under the fair use clause :)
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum