Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

3 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP? - Page 10 Empty Re: School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

Post  Lee Wed May 11, 2011 7:44 pm

That's not what it says in the film part of DeviantArt. Or are you talking about something else?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP? - Page 10 Empty Re: School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 11, 2011 7:48 pm

i was talking about vimeo lol XD

that's stupid then. all student films have some sound or whatever that doesn't belong to them.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Well I thought I was finished, but it looks like it's going to be a few more days or so of headaches trying to figure out how to appease to some uncompromising jerks. Ugh...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 11, 2011 7:52 pm

wait so you're not done with your project now? that sucks!

well...clearly i understand where you're coming from <_<
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 11, 2011 7:58 pm

No I am, but I need to figure out a way to render it into an acceptable format for several different sites. I swear, if I get everything that I need to do, and it still doesn't work or isn't accepted on DA, I'm going to shove my foot where the sun don't shine. (At them)
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 11, 2011 8:24 pm

I'm trying to upload it to Vimeo now. Um...once I see that it's good in quality and audio, I'll show you it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 11, 2011 8:28 pm

i just do .mov but i dont know what sites you're uploading to.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 11, 2011 8:35 pm

What would you do if I told you it was up and gave you a RickRoll link?

...I kid, I would never do that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0md6Flcrd0s
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 11, 2011 8:53 pm

....is that really the link or are you going to rick-roll me? you said you didn't want it on youtube.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 11, 2011 8:55 pm

...Maybe Cool
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 11, 2011 9:02 pm

gaaaaaaaaaah.

no, im not falling for this one.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 11, 2011 9:16 pm

Ok I'm still at the same spot, but no one is here, so I'm going to research your film for you.

The beginning parts, the audio isn't as much distorted as it is static like. You can still hear and understand, but it has like grain particles in the audio, if you understand me.

Is Otakus R Us the title you want? I know that's what some con is called, but technically I've been told Otaku is Japanese for home shut in. I don't know if you want it to be associated with that, because then you'll be basically agreeing with the one interviewee who said we're outcasts. I don't know if I made that clear enough.

After that though, the audio and voice quality are very nice. It's a very nice clip. Really, you should be happy about it.

I got to ask though, were you the one who wanted to keep Vegeta's most infamous/famous line lol? I think it defines the Anime memes, probably not Anime though lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 pm

yeah, i know it has grain parts in it. i just wanted to make sure the volume was okay. because, for some reason, we played it back in school and it would be where you would clearly hear one interview and then you wouldn't be able to hear the next person's interview. im thinking something happened with the settings in the program with how it plays on speakers.

no one wanted to give a title so i just suggested that before we even started the movie. and i get what you're saying. so, basically, if i were to change the title, it would make it seem like we're agreeing with that one person less?

as for Vegeta's line, everyone said that line should go in XD. just as everyone in the group said we have to play part of the Batman theme when Nigel talks about Batman.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 11, 2011 9:33 pm

I see, I like how you implemented Xiaolin Showdown and Avatar, they had to go in there. It's also good that you got Vic to say that there are all types of Anime genres.

Yes you should changed the title. It totally makes you look like it's going to be a mocking film. It has to be more professional.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 11, 2011 9:35 pm

gotcha. but i have no idea what i should call it XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 11, 2011 9:37 pm

It doesn't have to be original. Sometimes if you push it too far, it just gets silly (for uniqueness.) Something like Anime and Society or whatever.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 11, 2011 9:43 pm

right, i have to think about it some more.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 11, 2011 9:44 pm

So how long does Vimeo normally take for you to upload stuff?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 11, 2011 9:49 pm

it depends. if you dont have vimeo plus, you get shoved to the bottom of the list. it's one of those sites.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 11, 2011 9:54 pm

Oh I see. Because mine hasn't even started to load lol. That's probably because it can't read the file though. It's just frozen and hasn't budged.

Pretty soon I'm just going to give up and explain it to you lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 11, 2011 10:06 pm

okay. and fyi i did click on the link XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed May 11, 2011 10:17 pm

Ok describing time. It's amazing.

...What would you say about Veoh? Is that not a good place to upload stuff?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed May 11, 2011 10:21 pm

yeah you can try veoh. i havent used it in a while.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu May 12, 2011 8:51 am

I decided against it, due to some different rules and whatnot. Sounds a bit shady.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu May 12, 2011 12:21 pm

Ok I uploaded it to youtube...just don't try fullscreening it, because it gets way too pixelated.

I guess there are a few things you should know, before jumping into this project. I did this traditionally and digitally. Some things are hand drawn, some are cut outs, and some things are done in Photoshop. It's all been placed in After Effects to then create the final piece.

This project started February in the beginning and it's finally finished today I guess you can say. So that's close to four months. That's a lot of time and I'm pretty proud to what I dished out with all the time constraints, the other classes, work, and just other stuff that conflicts time in general.

Everyone had their different project, no ones was the same. That's what I liked about this project this time. Normally it's like one subject and several peoples interpretations of it, which after the tenth one gets a bit old, even if they are nice. I enjoyed seeing everyones, they were all unique.

Ok so my project. I was trying to recreate those old classic type of games. They just had a charm that I loved, even if they had flaws. So how I went about it, was making those classic openings they have and the actual gameplay. None of this is actually playable as of yet. If I can figure out the coding it will be, but I'm taking a break. The vast library of art I had to do and then blending it to look like an actual playable illusioned game and working with sound just burnt me out. I will go back to make it playable though.

I kind of had the idea when I started to play Kirby's Epic Yarn for the Wii. I just liked the style. Everything was made out fabric, although it was digital. You could clearly tell to, it wasn't like it was a stop motion, but I liked that. I didn't want to create something like that though, but I nailed down what I wanted to do. (After countless senior project ideas)

Finally I came up with the idea what I wanted it to be about. I can explain that here, but I'll let you see yourself. Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_42CzqdacM

On my laptop this is better quality on my pc this sucks. You might want to check it out on a laptop if you have one.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum