Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

3 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP? - Page 8 Empty Re: School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

Post  Lee Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Can't you just take a picture of Gengar's back and take everything out but him? Then place some of the sunny grass from the front Gengar and blend it with the second one?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18535

Back to top Go down

School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP? - Page 8 Empty Re: School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:31 pm

no because the shot of Gengar in the grass is film, it's not a photo. so you'd have to take a screenshot of it. and ive already tried taking screenshots before and they come out crappy.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17175

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:22 am

Alright well, if you do anything else to it you can always upload it online, if you want some more feedback.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:01 pm

i ended up just doing what you said originally and i put Gengar on Pikachu for a little longer lol XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Does it look like it's intentional with the face still being towards the audience? Cause that could be easily fixed with a little jerking motion of Gengar to indicate an attack or some kind of bright screen flash/ critical hit sound effect.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:19 pm

yes, it looks intentional.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:14 pm

Well that's all that matters, good luck with your presentation.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:15 am

thank you :)

good luck with your project as well (which im just DYING to see)

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:30 pm

Thanks, I've been working on it for a few months now.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:13 pm

i know, it's so exciting to wait :D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:05 pm

Is that a joke? You find it fun to wait?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:33 pm

when it's someone else's work, yeah i like waiting because then it pays off in the end. and you get to see what the person's been working on for such a long time.

when it comes to waiting for professional fandoms, i hate waiting because then i usually get disappointed by what they come up with lol XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:38 pm

I see interesting lol. Well usually the professional works take longer, like in Avatars case (a whole year)
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:42 pm

yeah so you have a longer time to come up with better ways to work the story than they came up with =p.

lol

or, in movies' cases, you wait forever and the story ends up being a story that's been done so many times before, you wonder what the hell took them so long to complete the story.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:46 pm

To many chefs makes a bad meal, or however that saying goes. I mostly did this all by myself. I might've gotten suggestions here or there (minor ones), but with larger works like this there's a huge collaboration. So I'm pretty sure heads butt a lot of times.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:59 pm

actually, in film anyway, it isnt necessarily the collaboration, its the fact that the film industry is run by businessmen. so the businessmen think they know what they're doing when they want to add stuff to the script or whatever but they really know diddly squat and they ruin the original product.

like, disney seems to collaborate pretty well. but they have the creative department as pretty much separate from the business side of things. and it was the business side of things that decided to make the streak of Disney sequels and look where that got them.

it's also in film where the scriptwriter will write something and then the business people during the pitch add things when they dont know what the hell they're doing. or you could have the opposite and have a bad script but the director doesn't know how to fix the script.

and then there's the arrogant ass who thinks he's so great he doesn't need any help.

so yeah, i dont think it's always too much collaboration is an issue but rather how they collaborate.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Well the business man just looks at the statistics and sees the money they can gain. Everyone just looks at them as a bunch of talking dumb turds, but they aren't. You really can't blame them for what they do, because that's the job they're supposed to do. Sure this sequel might had sucked, but it sure the hell made them a profit. So what do they care or the entire company if it makes them more money in the long run.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:26 pm

^ yeah but they do that with upcoming movies as well. it's not just the sequels.

which is why i am so grateful for Inception and the Dark Knight. because those movies kicked ass but weren't afraid to challenge the audience either. they weren't dumbed down in the slightest and they made a crapload of money. hence why a whole bunch of inception rip-offs are coming out now XD.

and that's why they both should have gotten more recognition from the academy than they did. but that's a whole other story.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:31 pm

So what, these rip-offs will make good money. There's a sucker born everyday you know.

Dark Knight was pretty good, but I felt like it went on a little too long.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:42 pm

im not saying its bad to rip-off (especially if it's Inception) as long as their good.

the thing is (and I was so glad when I heard Todd Haberkorn say this at a panel) is that people dont go to see the sequels and stuff because they think it's going to be good. a lot of us (after the first horrible sequel) go to see it because we want to see just how miserably it fails. and, we feel compelled to see it because we saw the first whatever so if we dont see this one, we wasted our time watching the others.

that's EXACTLY how i feel about POTC 4. my god, that movie looks like crap. but im probably going to go see it because i saw the first three and i want to see just how bad it is.

yeah Dark Knight was long. i wont deny that.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:44 pm

lol they're milking that pirates movie dead. I want to see how good The Last Airbender 2 will be. If it's anything like the first, I'll definitely see it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:15 pm

^ im almost positive they arent making a second one.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:34 pm

lol yeah, I was kidding.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 02, 2011 7:05 pm

Just wanted to say thanks again for looking at my Pokemon project and helping me with it :). not only did I get a good grade, it also got into the Film Festival at my school :D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue May 03, 2011 8:25 pm

That's good news! But there's no need to thank me, all that effort and success is thanks to you. Good job!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum