Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime

+2
zfish9
Lee
6 posters

Page 20 of 44 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 32 ... 44  Next

Go down

Anime - Page 20 Empty Re: Anime

Post  Lee Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:37 pm

Yeah he had no arms and was leaning up against a tree. Well sitting and leaning.

Then Naruto PMSes, beats him to the ground, blood splatters everywhere and to add a safety measure while the man is on the ground, he uses rasengan.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:47 pm

ok now thats just cruel.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:53 pm

Yeah and sadly if the enemies somehow were able to beat Naruto to a bloody pulp, I would had considered it justified.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:57 pm

yes, yes it would be justified.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:58 pm

Finally found time to watch One Piece again, I really like that show.

One of their recent enemies used lighting and pretty much was made of it. Although he had a human form. From the beginning I knew what they had to do, but god were they so stupid.

It reminded me of a previous enemy which was composed of sand. If you watched Spiderman 3, he was like the sandman guy. Basically every punch they threw never harmed him cause the sand just poofed away.

I knew what they had to do there as well, well before they actually did the damned thing. They had to get him wet so that the sand became more compacted, than they could actually hit him.

With the electric guy, they needed to ground his charge. (I don't know if they do that or not) The main guy, Luffy is a mutated rubber man. Instead of rubber going against electricity, they go Oh let's just throw a guy with metal swords in there first.

Woah the swords conducted the electricity...and he's dead. Hmm...next guy go in now.

I swear if I was in that show, I would survive most of their ordeals easier than they ever could.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:43 pm

^ was that the guy with the green hair that died? i thought i saw that guy die.

i actually watched Dragon Ball Z Kai this weekend. it was interesting...and if the series wasn't so long I might have actually watched it from the beginning.

i also read the latest chapter of Pandora Hearts and the relationship between two characters, Vincent and Ada, reminded me of Ai and Ryuzaki's relationship. It was actually kind of funny XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:53 pm

There were a lot of guys with green hair, but neither of the two enemies I mentioned had green hair.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:57 pm

oh...okay then.

it was Zoro that i saw die. though now after looking up One Piece on wiki...i have a feeling he didnt actually die XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:59 pm

Zoro is one of the Straw Hats, if he dies it's not going to be until the very end.

They get kicked around a lot though. To the point where it would kill the average person in reality, but One Piece isn't about reality.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:01 pm

oh then that must have been it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:52 am

Weeeee (don't ask, i'm in a random mood, it's 1:00a.m. and I'm procrastinating), so what shows are you guys following these days?? :D
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:13 am

Not much really. There's only a few Anime shows I do watch, like One Piece and Naruto Shippuden.

Although I haven't really gotten all into Naruto...maybe it's just the plot, I don't know. I just don't like it too much. I think it's because I know that the whole show is about Naruto emoing over Sasuke who doesn't give a rats ass about them, so that's probably why. Plus I've had everything spoiled to me one way or another by accident (and when dorks don't say somethings a spoiler)

I really like One Piece though. I think it's because it's a light hearted and funny adventure, which doesn't take itself extremely serious. What I mean about that is that they often add some comedy even in the serious times, it's not like a drama sad show 24/7.

I haven't gotten too far in the show yet. I'm in the Skypeia Arc. Sadly even things which I wish haven't been spoiled in One Piece have by mistake, people who failed to use spoilers, or even losers who spoiled something to me when I told them exactly where I was. I hate people like that. I just want to kick them up one side of the Grand Line to the other.

I used to watch the old Dragon Ball, but only the first two seasons were actually funny and enjoyable because they didn't take themselves to seriously. It was also before Goku just became some super warrior who just had to sneeze to have his enemies burst. Where's the fun in that?

Besides Anime, I watch a lot of other cartoons and shows like My Name is Earl (really funny), The Venture Brothers, Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill, Futurama...I think that's about it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:55 pm

I havent really been watching any anime. not any of the new shows that have been released anyway. mostly because i dont really have time to do that and ive been in this mood lately where i dont like watching the show in japanese XD.

i tried watching Bakuman since i read the manga but i dont like how its animated. the manga's art is so much better and i just dont like how it translated into the animation. so id rather just keep reading the manga.

i do have some series i want to watch like Fate/Stay Night. theres a couple of others but i forgot them at the moment.

FMA Brotherhood is on hiatus right now, otherwise id watch that. sadly, Adult Swim totally screwed over that show and they wont be showing it until after the next DVD is released. so im just going to watch the DVDs from now on probably.

and other shows i watch that arent anime are Modern Family and Psych. Psych is also on hiatus right now though.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:59 pm

I don't watch shows in other languages because I don't feel like having my eyes glued to the bottom to see what they're saying and miss all of the important stuff.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

i dont mind reading subtitles but usually now when i watch anime, im doing something else at the same time so watching it with subtitles really doesnt work XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Well I hate having to either pause the show to read the subtitles or rewind it after reading it to see what happens completely.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:26 pm

Yeah when i first started watching subtitles, it was annoying. but now that ive seen so many, i can read them fast enough XD. see, watching anime teaches kids how to read faster! =p

im watching another movie called Summer Wars because I found out Funimation wants to submit it to the Academy Awards. It's really interesting so far and if enough animated movies are submitted, it might just get nominated. I don't think it will win but it'd be nice to see it get nominated.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:34 pm

I can read stuff fast to, but that doesn't mean I'll fully understand it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:10 pm

thats true. i like to think ive gotten better at reading fast and comprehending it though XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:05 pm

True, but sometimes if I rush read something, I won't retain it as good as if I would had taken more time to do so.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:17 pm

^ oh yeah, that's definitely true. it used to be with me though that it would take me twice as long to read something and comprehend it compared to everyone else in my class. once when i started watching subtitled things (i also watched italian movies around the time i started watching subbed anime) i found i could read and comprehend things more quickly than before. granted, i still retain more if i read more slowly but i still improved XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:02 am

(Late reply --- sorry for sporadically disappearing for large amounts of time!)

I wish I knew japanese well enough to watch anime without subtitles and in the original language. I'm not trying to be snobby about it, but I find, generally that the japanese voice actors are just better and the japanese words just suit the conversations and gestures more naturally than the english translations. Like JNaruto's "dattebayo" vs. EngNaruto's "do it" or whatever the heck it is (i don't remember anymore....).

LS have you finished reading the FMA manga?? Apparently they're making a new movie which is supposed to follow up with the Brotherhood series just like the Shamballa one did with the old series.

I'm watching Arakawa Under The Bridge right now (in addition to bleach and naruto) -- it's soooooooooo funny and random! It's the perfect thing to refresh my mind after a tiring day at school/work :) I've also gotten into korean dramas lately, hahaha.

I'm not really able to watch normal tv cuz there's always a power war over the remote between me and my dad -- he's a channel surfer. And to add to that, whenever we're sitting in the living room together, he'll always make me get up every now and then to get him something to eat/drink/some document he needs for his work, etc. So there's no point in trying to follow any particular show, lol. I used to watch The Tudors, Bones and America's Next Top Model, but not anymore..... I've heard Big Bang Theory is really awesome, and I really enjoyed the fragments of Glee I once got to see, so at some point I'm going to hunt down episodes online :D
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:42 pm

It's believe it!...You better believe it!

Either way both dattebayo and believe sound equally dorky.

It sounds like they're trying to say "That a boy!" I heard that it's just some random word the creator came up with.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:17 pm

Again, I think it depends on the casting. There are some shows that are great in English like FMAB. And there are some that are not as great (like, even though I waited for the Clannad dub, I still have a soft spot for the Japanese cast over the English cast). I feel like it's like that with anything really, one language isn't better than the other, it just depends on how whoever's in charge decides to approach it.

I read all of FMA right before it ended lol XD. I'm following when the english dub gets released of the anime. And yes, I know about the movie though from my understanding, it takes place during the anime run, not after. I could be wrong though.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:36 am

Oh is that so? I've just seen random ads of the movies which were not edited out of some animes, so I wasn't sure....

I agree with you on the point of casting and the director etc, and there's some dubbed animes which I love and would not want to watch in japanese because (a) i don't want to lose the appreciation i had for those VAs because the japanese ones were better, or (b) because the english version actually IS better, e.g. with the Gundam ones. But I find that there are some ways in which things are worded in japanese which really work well and somehow just don't translate well into english because of the way it sounds.... i don't know, maybe it's because i pay attention to words so much as a result of my training in literature and linguistics.... but i got my cousin into anime (we're quite obsessed at this point, we even roleplay our favourite character pairs half the time), and she said to me out of the blue that there's something about the sound of a word like "baka" (the shape of it, plus the tones that go with it) which make it such a fun word to use and she'd honestly smile happily at someone who called her a baka rather than "idiot". it's a little hard to explain -- it's kind of like flavouring food. You can put basil in your tomato soup or oregano. Neither of the herbs is better than the other, but depending on your tastes or your mood or just what happens to feel right at the moment, you'll put one or the other, or maybe both.......

i don't know if that analogy worked or not, lol!
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 44 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 32 ... 44  Next