Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime

+2
zfish9
Lee
6 posters

Page 21 of 44 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 44  Next

Go down

Anime - Page 21 Empty Re: Anime

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:20 pm

^ no i know what you mean. there are certain phrases/words i prefer hearing in japanese than in english just because i think they sound better. and 'baka' is one of them XD. there are very few times where i have heard an english 'idiot' sound as good as 'baka'. another one of my favorites is 'Yatta!'

i also know what you mean with phrasing. there's one line in Eureka 7 where two characters are falling from the sky and the guy is talking about how it's the first time he's ever seen her give him that expression before and it progresses to where he eventually says 'I'm saying I love you!". But in the English, he says 'I'm saying I love it!" I don't know, I liked how he said 'I'm saying I love you' more XD. and i saw the English first.

but yeah, at the same time, im not going to go and watch the series twice just for those nitpicky things. i usually just watch specific scenes in Japanese that I like just to see how it's different but I stick with the English. Except Clannad After Story. It's going to be hard to watch my favorite scene in English because I've seen it so many times in Japanese already. I'm thinking about previewing it in English before my mom watches it because if they screwed that scene up (and I mean really screwed it up) she's watching it in Japanese XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:58 am

I know most of you...well for now probably just you LS lol, like the Japanese voices better. Though I've tried to watch small clips from One Piece in Japanese and I liked the voices for Funimation more. It just seemed like they invoked more emotion in their acting.

Everything that One Piece Japanese did sounded like they were always screaming, but Funimation kept their tones matching their emotions. Screaming when they needed to and not screaming when they didn't have to.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:26 pm

^ I don't prefer the Japanese cast. I prefer the English. I just think that sometimes the way lines are written in Japanese are better than what the English dub translation is. But they can't always help that because they have to make sure the words match the flaps of the character's mouths.

i only prefer the Japanese cast if I've had to listen to the Japanese cast for years before an English dub comes out. Because by that time, I'm so used to the Japanese cast that I can't imagine it any other way. And the only show that I've had those feelings for is Clannad and probably Clannad After Story. I watch the clips over and over in Japanese because there's no english for After Story. So when After Story comes out in English in April, it's going to be weird for me.

otherwise, I'd rather listen to the English cast. and I like One Piece's dubbing. I haven't seen much of it but I like it regardless.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:49 am

You should probably check out One Piece. It's a little quirky/odd at times, but it's a pretty good comedy adventure.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:13 pm

I'll only get into it until after it's over. After Naruto, I refuse to watch anything that's EXTREMELY long until it's over. Because Naruto is the series that will never end and it's annoying me. I don't want the other series to annoy me.

And that's why I'm watching Eden of the East now which is only 11 episodes XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:43 pm

One Piece doesn't drag on like Naruto or DBZ though. It doesn't take 80 episodes on one fight to kill someone or whatever.

The longest fight probably took three at the most, but other things were occurring so it was more like switch to this scene than this one.

That's what I like about One Piece...they don't keep animating useless stuff. Like where Naruto is like

"Oh hey Sasuke, let's try my shadow clone jutsu on Haku's mirrors fifty times, before we realize it's not working." Ugh that was a pain in the ass...sadly I noticed a pattern in the series lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 pm

^yeah..

is One Piece a continuous story or is it possible to watch arcs out of order? i also got into Tsubasa Chronicles again because one of the better arcs of the series was dubbed recently. but sadly...it's a very confusing and continuous story...so i dont really know what's going on XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:55 pm

You could watch Arcs out of order if you wanted to, though you wouldn't understand certain character's past and whatnot. Also you would probably be confused as to who is who, since the crew picks up their mates during the adventure. They're not all together right from the get go.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:16 pm

oh okay. gotcha.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:08 pm

Loyal Subject wrote:I also got into Tsubasa Chronicles again because one of the better arcs of the series was dubbed recently. but sadly...it's a very confusing and continuous story...so i dont really know what's going on XD.
Oh? Which one? the Acid Tokyo one?

...No Lee. It's not about people in Tokyo on acid.

Well, Manga wise, I read all of Bleach while I was gone, and saw all the English dubbed episodes. There's certainly a lot of bleach references in COAL now that I think about it.

I'm currently watching Hundred Stories, also known as Requiem from the Darkness. it takes place in medieval Japan where all the Japanese stories and monsters are real. The main character whose name I cannot remember is an author who wants to write a book about 100 ghost stories. along his travels, he meets an... exorcist for lack of a better word, a puppeteer, and a shape shifter who travel killing evil spirits and mortals who have become evil.

The one I watched over winter break, has to be one of my favorite anime so far, which is odd, considering it is a horror anime. It is called Higurashi no Naku koro ni. Yes, it is spelled with that in red, moving on. It is the goriest, scariest, and best murder mystery plot I've seen, however each arc never starts looking like that. Higurashi will quickly give you mood whiplash with how fast it changes at times. Higurashi no Naku koro ni revolves around 7 friends, ages 10-16. One of them is never shown, and has "transfered" out of town (take that how you will). Another Friend isn't shown until the 2nd arc on.

The story starts when Keiichi Maebara moves to the small town of Hinamizawa. Once he's there, he realizes things aren't quite as they seem. Over the last 4 years in Hinamizawa, one person has died and another has gone missing in the village on the night of Watanagashi, a festival for the village's guardian diety, Oyashiro-sama. Almost everyone in the town says that the murders and disappearances are because of the "Curse of Oyashiro-sama." A few think that it is a chain of murders, and very few think that those deaths are just coincidences. The 5th Watanagashi is coming soon, and Keiichi realizes that something is not quite right about his new friends.

Just as a warning though, NO ONE is safe in Higurashi. NO ONE. I cannot emphasize that enough. Hirugashi habitually kills off a number of its cast each arc, only for them to come back the next, not remembering anything of the previous one. Higurashi is broken into two sets of arcs, the question and answer arcs. The first four are the question ones that introduce you to Hinamizawa and the people in it. The next two in the first season are answer arcs, which aim to answer why things went so wrong in the first four. Season two has the last three arcs, which answer the rest of the questions, including why these murders happen every arc.

I highly recommend it, if you can get past the horror and gore. And the confusion for no knowing everything right away.

If you do watch Higurashi, this will be one of the few times I ever say this, do not watch the dub. Watch the sub.

Last edited by zfish9 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I didn't explain Higurashi quite right the first time.)
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:20 pm

Well, Manga wise, I read all of Bleach while I was gone, and saw all the English dubbed episodes. There's certainly a lot of bleach references in COAL now that I think about it.
Is there actually something called COAL cause I wouldn't be surprised. Believe me when I say that Karin threw thousands of characters that she wanted to be in COAL, all which were knockoffs of Bleach.

One description even read wears windbreak, sports trunks, and an afro. I laughed for a second, than I deleted it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:21 pm

^ yes, the Tokyo Revelations and I also watched Thunder Bird.

as for Higurashi...yeah my friends were into that in high school. Saw some stuff...not interested lol. It's too gory for me. I did watch this funny video someone made of it.

here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1hiYPLYz9c the laugh compilation XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:22 pm

No actually. The character you described... I think it's just a small side character only seen once or twice.

EDIT: Ah, insane Rena and Shion/Mion laughs... I always forget how often they use the crazy laughs until I see that.
...And that's only season one.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:30 pm

^ do you have to watch season 2 or can you be satisfied with only one season?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:34 pm

Yes, you can be satisfied with only season one. Season two rips that away first episode and explains most of the mysteries in it, but yeah, season one alone is still good.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:36 pm

the anime sounds confusing.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:19 pm

It is at times.
Minor explanation with very very few spoilers:
Spoiler:

If that was no help whatsoever, which part was confusing?
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:36 pm

ah, i get it.

though i still haven't seen the second season of haruhi.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:00 pm

I think I've said it before, but when you do watch the second season, just watch the first episode, and all of them after episode 8. (You can watch the second episode if you want, just to see how Endless Eight is like normally.)
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:04 pm

^ yeah i remember that.

it's in all the reviews of the second season XD.

though now im watching Cowboy Bebop with my mom and FMA Brotherhood's starting again tonight. so i don't know when im going to get to it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:19 pm

I haven't got around to watching Brotherhood after episode 25, and I have never see Cowboy Bebop. I was thinking about watching Baccano! eventually, but I'm not going to have time for any of them at this rate.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:41 pm

episode 27 i believe came on last night in English.

i want to watch Baccano! as well. at some point...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:43 pm

The next One Piece box set is almost out, but what sucks is that the one following it was supposed to be released sometime in February. That date was set well into last year, they even had an boxart image, but now they pulled it all off of Amazon and upped the date to somewhere in April. Total BS.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:58 pm

I hate Adult Swim.

I forgot to tape FMA Brotherhood last week for my mom...so i thought 'no big deal Adult Swim has FMA Brotherhood free on demand'. Yeah...turns out they don't have that anymore even though they did for the entire first half of Brotherhood. Then I thought, 'well, she can watch it on adult swim.com or something (plus, i needed to watch it too)' which they, again, did that for the first half of brotherhood. i go to the site, nope, not there. they have the episode up from two weeks ago @_@. i mean, wtf it's like you're asking me to illegally watch this stuff and im trying to be a good person and watch it legally.

well, too bad for them because i watched it illegally. i feel bad for funimation and i think i should write them a letter telling them they should find another network to work with. i mean, adult swim doesn't even have reruns on at all so you essentially can't miss a single episode @_@.

and ive never had that happen to me where they push back a DVD. but yeah...that kind of sucks. but ive also heard that Amazon's release date info is not always accurate so you might want to do a bit more digging. they've been wrong before with one of my games...so ...yeah.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:05 pm

It came out today and luckily my store had it in stock, which is rare. They usually never have it in stock the first day when it's supposed to be out. The funny thing is that the boxart is what the boxart of the next volume should be. The one on Amazon isn't even used, kind of confusing.

Argh this new kb sucks.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 44 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 44  Next