Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime

+2
zfish9
Lee
6 posters

Page 11 of 44 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 27 ... 44  Next

Go down

Anime - Page 11 Empty Re: Anime

Post  Lee Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:38 am

Hey I'm just saying, I think a animation directed more towards female teens would be more angsty.

I don't know much about Bleach, but yeah Naruto had way too much of it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:04 am

lol i think that's just you :P i'm like that too, even though I'm a girl -- i prefer to stick to fantasy and action and adventure and mystery, and i'll usually avoid all the sappy romance stories, unless there's something offbeat about it.

There was one show I started to watch just because it seemed like it could be interesting and funny -- Nyankoi. It's about this unfortunate guy, must be in like gr. 10 or 11 or something, who's deathly allergic to cats, and sadly gets cursed by a cat god after accidentally breaking a cat shrine. To lift the curse, he has to listen to the stories of and help 100 cats, or else he'll turn into a cat himself, and therefore die because he's be allergic to himself. Because of the curse, he also gains the ability to understand what cats are saying and talk to them.

Seemed interesting, but turned out to be somewhat lame. The guy doesn't want to help any kitties (obviously, cuz he's allergic to them, and therefore hates them), but his only goal in life seems to be to confess his feelings to the girl he likes. Who is, of course, the cutest, most polite and well-mannered, and well-dressed, and just overall perfect girl in the world. The only problem with the girl is that she, of course, loves cats, while hates them. Oh! Alas, the destined lovers cannot be together simply because of their feelings towards kitties, oh! Rolling Eyes Aah geez -- the story had some promise, and then....

And this is a story geared towards teenage guys. LOL, I'd pass this up for a Gundam any day!
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:01 pm

hey, i respect hamtaro. it was so cute =D.

as for angsty teen stuff, first off, you have to take into account that more women read manga in general (i read that on ANN if you want to check...chicks on anime...yeah) so they have to incoporate things girls would like in Shounen as well though it is aimed more towards boys. also, girls want happy endings with cute moments, not angsty teen stuff twenty four seven. thats what makes vampire knight annoying right now because that's all we're getting and we want friggin moments between characters =p. so yeah, but angsty teen stuff is ok if it's done properly and not overly done. and i have seen angsty teen stuff in things geared towards girls. but usually, ive seen light hearted things for girls with some drama but you know its going to be a happy ending anyway XD. thats usually the formula. from what ive seen. which is why i can only pay attention to a few of these at a time because they get annoying.

i dont know about ichigo being angsty. but i know the guy that looks like L in bleach is a total angst. he's dead though now XD.

and yes, the Mickey Mouse cartoons and Bugs Bunny cartoons had little presents for adults here and there throughout the show. like Bugs Bunny shooting some guy because he's coughing in the audience XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:31 pm

The old Looney Toons were classic, I still enjoy watching them.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:45 pm

^ i know. they just recently put them on cartoon network and i was so happy =D.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:49 pm

The guy who looked like L in Bleach? ..... **thinking** I can't remember anyone like that :S Who was he? An Arrancar....?

I was just saying that a little bit of angst is really normal, and having girls and potential love interests in shounen mangas and animes is also normal cuz at that age everyone starts looking at each other differently. You know, hormones and stuff :P That's why there's a whole range of story types in shounen mangas, plus what you were saying about there being more women reading manga. Actually, now that I think about it, I remember one of my friends wrote a research paper on that same subject -- chicks and comics and manga :D

Happy-ending shoujo manga: "Skip Beat!" :P The author of this one just really loves torturing people's hearts and brains with all the plot twists she comes up with! I wish she'd release more chapters faster Kyah!
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:56 pm

he was an arrancer and his name started with a U.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:06 pm

Ulqiorraaaa!!!! Lol - I love him, he's quite emo :P
I can't wait for the fillers to end so I can see how Ichigo defeats him.
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:09 pm

I love him too! He is a little bit too emo though XD. too bad he's gone, i was only reading it because of him.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:12 pm

Oh really? Haha! Who knows, maybe the mangaka will come up with someone better to replace him :)

I would read bleach, but it's almost entirely action driven, which I prefer to watch. I'd read it for Byakuya, Renji, Urahara and Hisagi <3
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:19 pm

i dont even know the characters that well. so i dont really know who you're talking about. I know who Renji is though.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:30 pm

How can you not know even byakuya :O lol -- he's Rukia's older brother. He's so awesome in so many ways! And Urahara's the blond guy with the hat and clogs (Mr. Hat-and-Clogs!) who owns the little shop in the real world (used to be a shinigami before he got kicked out). :P
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:43 pm

^ oh yeah i know who they are. i just didnt know their names.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:29 pm

I don't know who any of them are either, besides Renji cause a certain someone posted too much about him. Yeah I never watched Bleach. How the hell did it get the name Bleach?

My only guess was that it's about fighting evil spirits right? So they are purifying and killing the stained spirits.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:26 pm

Lol that's a good one! One of the theories I read somewhere was that the name came from the fact that Ichigo's hair is orange rather than brown or black, so even though that's his natural hair colour, it looks like he's bleached it lighter. It's a point of contention in the beginning of the story because of Orihime, who also has lighter coloured hair and was bullied because of it when she was a child. Ichigo was also bullied but he's aggressive and learned to fight back before anyone could really get to him, unlike Orihime who really let herself get pulled down by it.

(I could be wrong though -- I've heard that the manga author is just really random, and he likes to design clothes, so he might have just been about to bleach some clothes and thought he'd name his story that, just because :P)

Last edited by Uruviel on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:28 pm

I honestly doubt they would of named the whole series on such a ridiculous part of the story, which almost has nothing to do with the whole series as a whole.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:30 pm

sorry, I edited my post while you replied -- i just added that I've heard the author is really random, so who knows really :P
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:33 pm

I sure hope it would have more meaning then that...I think my original idea is better. He should at least pull something out of his ass like what I explained, even if it isn't true. It would get people more interested and respectful of the art/series then saying "Oh I spilled some bleach on frame 55 when I was drawing it."
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:02 pm

ive heard the hair thing too. but it does make sense. because arent a majority of the characters misfits in their own little way? like rukia and renji were orphans and then they came into that school....and that one guy is the last of his kind. so, ichigo was considered a misfit and made fun of because of his bleach hair but he's learning that everyone is different and everyone is in a sense a misfit. and its about all those misfits working together and proving against the odds.

i just made that up now so dont quote me on it XD. but all i know is that now I want to be a dentist =D

/lame Rudolph joke.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:11 pm

ok... didn't quite get the dentist part :P I bet you that's part of what the author's thinking was. Unless he just wanted to make a fantasy fighting story. And in fantasy, anyone worth mentioning is definitely going to be a misfit, lol!

But hey, I'd totally read a manga which i was told was named after something really stupidly random like dropping bleach on the drafts, but that might just be me :P
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:24 pm

She was talking about Rudolf The Red nose Reindeer. In that there was an elf friend of Rudolf who wanted to be a dentist, not a toy maker...or something like that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:28 pm

oh I think i remember something like that -- I've never really liked that movie............................
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:35 pm

...Yeah neither did I really. I'd rather watch Home Alone for the holidays instead.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:52 am

Me too!! Happy
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:49 pm

i keep missing that christmas special on tv. i havent seen it in years. i just remember that song they sing about being misfits and the island of misfit toys =p.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 44 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 27 ... 44  Next