Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Episodes

+2
zfish9
Uruviel
6 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Avatar: The Last Airbender Episodes - Page 2 Empty Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Episodes

Post  zfish9 Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:01 pm

i'm not sure,
Spoiler:
anyway, i LOVED IT! and if i was a fierce kataang shipper, which i'm not, i'd say something like "HAHA! take that Zutara! Kataang wins!"
anyway, i taped the whole thing and re-watched it this morning. because i knew i'd forget most of it before i got online.
now then, if sozin's comet was so powerful, why wast time with the drill? just wait for the comet and blast the wall like iroh did.
and it looks like aang finally mastered the avatar state! if hitting him against a wall with a pointy rock on his wound was all it took, then toph could of just done that long ago.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Avatar: The Last Airbender Episodes - Page 2 Empty Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Episodes

Post  Uruviel Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:16 pm

blah. The ending was disappointing. Sure, Zutara didn't work out in the end - I can live with that. But they left a few things unanswered! Like what the heck happened to Azula??? And why did they not reveal what happened to Zuko's mum???????? And what happened to the Earth King and Basco the Bear???? And what about figuring out how more airbenders will be born? The balance can't really be restored when there's only one airbender around. Especially since that one airbender is the Avatar - he doesn't really count. And it was pretty anticlimactic for them to just stand around making fun of Ozai like that. How low.

Other than that, those last few episodes were awesome!

I can't believe it's finally over!
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:50 pm

and it looks like aang finally mastered the avatar state! if hitting him against a wall with a pointy rock on his wound was all it took, then toph could of just done that long ago.
I think it was that the rock poked in his body to remove the tangled energy to make it flow again. Though I think it was also the state of knowing if he did nothing, the Fire Lord would kill him, the world and everyone he loved.

Uruviel I think they left it as an open end for the fans to consider what happened. Many series do this so the fans can make up the ending.

About Azula, I think she was the one who died. You know when people become as insane as her and depressed, it can actually go to the point of their death. It has happened to a lot of people, depression is a powerful weapon. Everything she lived for was gone as she stood there chained to the gate.

Basco and The Earth King, I knew they wouldn't show up for the remainder of the series. I knew it when they made the little scene of him going off to venture the Earth Kingdom. Why was he needed for the plot anyway? He was clearly a kid in a king suit.

Lastly, I'm glad they didn't show years after, that kind of thing is so outdone everywhere. Besides even if they did do that, the scars of the war wouldn't be healed during the gaangs life time. War's especially a hundred year one would take many many years to fully restore. In which case if they did show it, none of the characters would be alive, so it would just be some random people we would be seeing.

And about Ozai, I would of done the same thing. Think about it he was a heartless being who banished and burned his own dang son. His ancestors started the war killing hundreds and hundreds of innocent lives and ruling the other lucky ones who were still alive with an iron fist. For a hundred years they had to endure the Fire Nations ruthlessness. I think some jeers at him were the least of what others would of done.

(For example during the Civil War, Union soldiers charged in an open field towards the town of Fredricksburg to capture it and to drive out the Confederate force during the Battle of Fredricksburg. Needless to say the Confederates had the advantage being hidden and protected in the cities stone walls, as the Union made charge after charge they were slaughtered. The battle was a Confederate victory.

Now about a half year later, the Battle of Gettysburg, the tables had turned. The Union were behind a stone wall from a farmers land. The Confederates wanted to break open the Union center after trying to capture the extreme Union left and right the previous other days and failed. The Confederates charged in an open farm land where they were hit by cannon fire by long range cannons, then short range cannons.....and then the muskets of Union soldiers. Eventually the remaining soldiers reached the stone wall to be killed or capture. The rest of the forces retreated....all in total 6,000 Confederates died in the charge.

As the soldiers ran back to the forest to escape to Virginina, many of the Union forces chanted out Fredricksburg several times, where the Union were butchered.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  HaruWolf Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:51 am

I thought that the finale was amazing and awesome! The animation and music were absolutely stunning. The best finale of Avatar yet and the best finale of any TV Show I've ever seen. I couldn't have imagined it any better. 10/10! My only complaint is that I really wanted to know what happened with Ursa. Nyla and Appa are so cute!

PS: I really want a Giant Eel Hound. Those things are awesome! They can run really fast on land AND swim!
Very Happy
HaruWolf
HaruWolf
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 248

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Lee Tamotsu wrote:And about Ozai, I would of done the same thing. Think about it he was a heartless being who banished and burned his own dang son. His ancestors started the war killing hundreds and hundreds of innocent lives and ruling the other lucky ones who were still alive with an iron fist. For a hundred years they had to endure the Fire Nations ruthlessness. I think some jeers at him were the least of what others would of done.

I still maintain that it was a bad choice to keep that jeering in the show. It completely undermines the generosity that Aang showed Ozai. I mean, I think having your bending taken away from you is harsh enough already - that guy relied on it so much, he can barely do anything without it, and he's already half dead from the exhaustion of having his fire taken away from him. All those snide remarks from the rest of the gaang makes the ending completely childish. Considering how idealistic the show was, all of your reality bites are moot. This show is quite clearly one that's trying to teach a message, and having the heroes make fun of the villain atfer he's been so thoroughly beaten just kills the message. And it kills the epic-ness of it too, from an Arts perspective.
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:12 pm

the only complaint i had was they hyped up the zuko looking for his mom thing and i was hoping they'd get reunited or something...but other than that i have all good comments about it and i dont feel like writing it all out because then it would be like ten pages long. XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:00 pm

long time no see LS!
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Avatar: The Last Airbender Episodes - Page 2 Empty Sozin's Comet Episodes

Post  Uruviel Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:08 pm

The Finale is up now - there are four links to four different encodes, but they're pretty much all the same thing ----->> Episodes 18 to 21 all in one nice package.

I want to give full credit to the people at the Cartoon World Forums (www.cartoon-world.org). Enjoy!
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:54 pm

Ok so apparently the reason why there was no Ursa and Zuko reunion is cause Mike or Bryan scrapped the scene from the story board. Or so they said that in the comic-con. People were allowed to ask them a few questions. Someone was smart enough to ask this one.

A bunch of other idiots kept asking if they were making season 4 Air.....nerds it's been claimed a while back that it was only going to be three seasons. Then another person asked if they knew that the show targeted more to teens and adults.

They needed to ask stuff like "why, when, where, and what happened to Iroh when he went into the spirit world."
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:39 pm

Iroh went into the spirit world?

I wish someone had asked them WHY they scrapped that scene from the storyboard. There's a very clear disconnect between the Zuko-Ozai-Prison scene, and the Tea-House-Earth-Kingdom one. Bah - lame fans, they can't even ask the right questions!
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:46 pm

can someone please help the last two episodes arent up , i NEED to know my prescious ty lee and ami are okay they dont rot in prison do they ! and from the sounds azula turns insane ... so she becomes more mentally stable then lol.

Earth Bender

Female Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:54 pm

Spoiler:

Yeah Iroh went into the spirit world, though it was only mentioned, by Zhou. During the season 1 finale when they were talking on board the ship before invading the Water Tribe.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:08 pm

Ah Lee - that spoiler of your's gave away such an important plot point!!

lol. Anyways - I'll try to find some links that work for you Karin... I don't know why they died :S

Edit: erm. They work fine. Is it the file size that's too big for your bandwith? They have links to each episode separated on the C-W site, so if you want I can put those up too...
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:37 am

my computer works very awkward , i usually need to work in a flashplayer EG: youtube , livevideo , veoh . il try them agian

O.o did you just say they both die NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO id rather toph and sokka be cannnon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:57 am

IVE SEEEEEEEEEN THE FINALE MY GIRLS ARE ALIVE :)

sokka shouldve had more of a role also i loved crazy azula i cried when zuzu met iroh agian awwwwwwwwwwwwww so sweet , they shouldve said ursa whereabouts and said she died instead of leaving it open screams OVA to me .

see they needed more bad guys
zuzu + vs azula
toph vs the explouding head guy
sokka + suki vs a new general
kattara shouldve had a fight with the man who killed he rmother her final battle since her blood bending barely got touched upon .
the white lotus needed more action too the sword master had what 5 seconds battle screen time .....

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:35 pm

karin wrote:the white lotus needed more action too the sword master had what 5 seconds battle screen time .....
i agree with the white lotus this, but how much could the sword guy do? as far as we know, he can't bend. so he wouldn't be able to do much, and fire bending it more long-range, while using swords is fairly short range. *i almost said swordbending there...*
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:42 pm

If you read his extended profile from Nick, it claims he took out 100 fire benders when he declined his service form the Fire Nation.

I think the White Lotus part was ok, though it would've been more cool with the resistance and the Freedom Fighters tagged along. A few Goku's attacking BaSingSe, it was ok, but I think it would've been more epic if the others aided them.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:00 pm

rally i found the whole invasion during the black sun more epic ... if only tylee and mai had a fight there , and maybe azula a better one, ozai was boring no one had proper fight and azula was so reckless it was boring .

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:00 pm

lol sounds like you hated the finale. I thought it was great. I especially liked Sokka's plan to crash into the air ships.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:02 pm

yeah i did like it but i would rather he had a sword fight .

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:27 pm

He did he used his sword and boomerang to save Toph.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:20 pm

yeah who i did not like being saved since all her charcter development is around her independence ... ok im being fussy just for the wait it was not worth it and i hated the ozai fight the azula was good but seemed rushed :(.

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:32 pm

No Iroh opened her mind to show her that it is not wrong to get help from others. During their tea meeting that they had. I liked it all, hell this beats the crap out of any of those rehashed animes such as Naruto, Bleach and so many others that are way overrated.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:51 pm

hey bleach is awesome ! avatar has a better plot and more real characters , i did like the ending its just i didnt like ozai he wouldve been better if he had fought aang more on ground for a while and taunted about his people more , then say stuff about his freinds and zuko . see i really t5hought iroh should have took him first and lost , for aang to arrive later, plus remember my fav characters did not participate ( though there the reason azula went insane so go them )

i wanted sokka to have a fight thats all though i did love what he did with the ships , really i think the finale started from the boiling rock because thats where suki , ty lee , mai shined , and kattara had her adventure too, it seemed rushed to me they shouldve took the show episode out ( despite how much it made it me laugh )

and the lion turtle ????? what the hell???????

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:29 pm

karin wrote:and the lion turtle ????? what the hell???????
not sure if i already said this here, but at THE LIBRARY *says it like Sokka* Aang finds a scroll about the lion-turtle and tells Sokka about it. sokka replies "I've seen weirder"
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next