Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece Comment Section!

4 posters

Page 3 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 44  Next

Go down

One Piece Comment Section! - Page 3 Empty Re: One Piece Comment Section!

Post  Lee Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:29 pm

Oh yeah I figured as much, it's cool, school comes first. Or whatever it is eating up your time.

And yeah that would help to :P I thought you said you wanted to be a drunken person.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Well, today im just too tired to actually do the hero one decently. i can do the avatar one cause that's easier.

if i had to do a character, I kind of feel like the type of character I would want is too similar to one that already exists.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:35 pm

I would think that this RP or the heroes would be a lot easier then the Avatar. Seriously that one is too complicated now.

Also by similar do you mean from the series? Which ideas have you came up with already?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:37 pm

It's the opposite actually. It's easier to get 'into character' with one you've been playing for years than it is for the newer one.

and yeah, from the series. the guy with the red hair that gave Luffy his hat. dont know his name.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:39 pm

Shanks, and when you think about it, every kind of character has been done at some point. The thing that is different is how you mold them, make them act, and what their story is all about.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:43 pm

i know but what i would want to do i feel would be WAY too similar.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:43 pm

...So what is this idea?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:48 pm

^ it's literally the same thing as Shanks except with a more 'Jack Sparrow' backstory in the sense that there are stories surrounding him but none of them are true. or, they're true but they're fabricated severely. in reality, he's pretty much just a drunk. i know Shanks is supposedly really powerful but...i dont know.

and then the question would be what would get my character off the island drinking rum all the time.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Wait what? What would make your character want to leave an island or how much mileage could you get with a rum drinking pirate? Is that what you're asking?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:04 pm

yes. i dont think i can get very far with that kind of character.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:17 pm

Basically you should probably take into consideration what you would want to work with in a character as in their skill. Then work from there.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:26 pm

thats the problem though, i dont really want them to have a skill lol. battle techniques are usually the very last thing i think about.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:38 pm

Not battle skills! Think like One Piece, where everyone has a part. Maybe your character is a cook, or they're an Oenologists gone awry. While studying for the perfect tasting wine, they went too far and got completely addicted to their legendary golden wine.

There was only one in production, but it made them a total alcoholic.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:03 pm

id have to think about the skill part.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Right, not all skills are battle related. Like being a cook/Sanji, or a navigator/Nami, or even a doctor/Chopper.

I'm just using them as examples because they are from the actual show. There's probably a ton of different skills that One Piece hasn't even gone over that would be very crucial for sea voyages or just adventures in general.

Like although a cook knows how to prepare healthy meals, not all of them can provide the food they need, and so therefore a skilled fisherman may have been needed or crucial for actual ship voyages.

And while I'm on the subject, although a little off topic, how would you feel about bringing over our RolePlays to another forum related to Korra?

Just asking right now, on account that I'm finding it too hard to get any members with anything I do. This forum is about Korra and is popular, but not too popular. They have enough members, think like Whodamien's site in the beginning.

I've known the group who made the site, I helped to, for some time. They branched off and created a Korra site and it's really doing well. I think this is the only way we can get more members for our One Piece and Heroes RP and any others we may come up with.

They layout is a million times better to. And maybe we could bring over our Avatar RP thread there as well. Because after a few post phases or an Arc, we'll be able to give it a new fresh start, where people could join, without it seeming forced and odd.

No the RP is not restarting, it's just that once we reach that certain stage, new people could join without knowing everything that happened in the beginning and then some, and get completely confused.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:38 pm

^ i dont mind moving at all! in fact, i think it would be easier than us trying to gain new members if we went over to the new site that already has a good number of members. and, even if you don't want to do that, id probably want to join the website anyway.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Yeah no, I wanted to do that for a while, but I thought you would be too set in your ways or hate change to do that. The layout takes some getting used to though, like anything.

I mean we could probably keep this forum up for archive purposes and or the Avatar RP. I don't know, our Avatar RP might be too far for anyone to want in and so we should keep it here.

Or do you think we should finish up the arc we're in here and then move it over there?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:30 pm

i think regardless of what we do, we should keep the RP here in addition to there because if things get messed up again where a lot of people leave, at least we have here to come to should anything happen. like, i wouldnt want to impose our rp there if it comes down to just us rping again.

but i think its a good idea if we finish the arc here and then move it there. this way, it gives us time to bring it up there so that people who are interested can start preparing to join. i mean, i dont know how much farther we have this arc or point that you're speaking of so i cant really say.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Neither do I, depending on how long it takes us to get there, but plenty of time still. We'll finish up what we have of the Heroes of Little Spring here to, the arc we're in, then we'll move it over there.

And to avoid different RolePlayers, for the more complex ones like the One Piece we'll state in the rules that Intermediate RolePlayers are wanted. Or at least ones that can freaking spell without using L33T speak.

Like,

"I luv u"
"Hurri up!" Or crap like that, or even one liners. So it would probably be Advanced/Intermediate beginners. People who know how to post concise posts in forums.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:45 pm

Right, i agree.

so do you want me to join the site now or wait?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:54 pm

http://journeyofkorra.com/news.php

It wouldn't hurt just to join it for the discussions. We should probably hold off on the RP until we settle in.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:14 pm

okay, i registered. haven't activated account yet.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Crap, I thought there was a roleplay section there, but there isn't...

I could had sworn there was a section and I was even reading threads from it. Also good news, I registered to.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:47 pm

yeah i saw and yeah they're thinking about doing a roleplay. i saw that somewhere.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:49 pm

No I saw that to and it was suggesting going to another forum for a RolePlay. And that member did that somewhere else before to.

Anyway I know the Admin there, Pico pretty well. He used to frequent another forum I went to so I sent him a suggestion to open one up for us. Would help catering to all fans.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 44  Next