Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Heads Up

2 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

A Heads Up - Page 5 Empty Re: A Heads Up

Post  Lee Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:58 pm

So what kind of things do you think we can do to lure in members? If you come up with anything, just post it here. Huge or small things, I don't mind, just add them here.

I mean I can go and redesign these forums every week, but that won't do us any good. I do what I can on our Twitter account here and there, but it doesn't do much good.

Also the more I think about the forum layout, the more my mind keeps going back to the fact that a lot of our older members seemed to have left once I kept changing the layout. Do you think we should try using the black palette again or no? Was it crappy? I honestly don't know anymore.

Edit: I was thinking (I haven't touched our FB page so I'll just let that finally delete itself once it gets to a certain date without logging in. I hated it anway, they wouldn't let me simply create a username just for our site. It was always like nope! That's not a real name! But then I saw everyone else had username accounts for clubs that weren't real names.

I think I'm going to keep our twitter and update it for our forum and Korra as well as create a blog on Tumblr (or maybe you know another blog that is more well known?) That way we can add footage and pictures on there and lengthy posts explaining cool stuff unlike Twitter which restricts us to like 100 words.

I could also hotlink each video or the pictures to direct to our forum. Cause most people absentmindedly click on picture links if they realize that it's linked.

We'll also have to do something about that Graphic Media banner, but I'm not sure. If I take it off, the entire blue rectangle goes away.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:28 pm

yeah get a tumblr. its the new thing. and Korra people are all over there :p

i dont like the black layout personally. i think this one is better. but i do think that perhaps changing it too many times might have forced some people away.

i feel like we need something other than RPing. yes, we want people to come here to RP but i dont think we're grabbing enough attention by basically being RP only. but i have no idea how to solve this issue since most forums are just discussion boards.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:51 pm

Well we'll just take RP out of the title, big whoop. We're the only ones who are into right now anyway. We'll think up a cool title which wraps up everything about our forum all in one, without throwing RP into it.

Like maybe something like... Airbender's Retreat, The Waterbender's Oasis, Four Nations (Insert catchier word here)

I was thinking about Tumblr and Twitter is still pretty popular so I'll keep that updated. Facebook seems to be dying so I'll let our one there just rot. Unless I can find a way to completely obliterate it. The problem with the forum colors changing so much though was because we couldn't find one. We're keep this now (at least for a 1/2year or more)
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:57 pm

I dont know what the status of facebook is. I just know a lot of people are using Tumblr. Im on tumblr :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:00 pm

I made a tumblr site to, but mainly because one of my classes last semester wanted us to keep everyone updated with our projects. Is that the same for you or are you actually using it? And if you don't mind, could I check yours out?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:10 pm

lol i dont use tumblr for school work at all. i just post and reblog random stuff that comes my way XD.

http://loyalsubject.tumblr.com/

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:04 pm

I never really understood the layout of Tumblr all that well. Like browsing through yours, it looks like you mostly just copy pasted what others had posted.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:18 pm

yeah cause that's what I do lol.

tumblr is, for the most part, where you put up whatever you want but you also reblog things that other people have posted but that you agree with or like. sometimes the blogs follow a particular theme where they'll only reblog Harry Potter or Disney or something. I just do whatever I want and I post rarely. Simply because I started posting nostalgic toys I would find but now they're all in boxes in various places so I cant really do that anymore :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:22 pm

I guess that would work to our benefit since others would see that our forum tumblr account rebloged. But I'd probably actually add information on Korra, our forum, and so forth.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Right.

Also, some people make posts like 'Hey I want to follow Korra people' (which I just did recently) and Korra people liked what I wrote so I followed them. So I had Korra on my dash but then Dr. Who took over again :p

but yeah, tumblr is a good way to get things viral. its hard to do but its easy once it happens.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Hell that seems easy if you ask me. Twitter is a pain in the ass because you're so restricted with only 150 words. Sometimes I have to chop out a few words, which makes it sound like I'm the Hulk. Me Hulk, me talk choppy.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:53 pm

it is easy. its just hard to go viral if you dont have a lot of followers.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:57 pm

Ok I created it! Now we have one for Twitter and Tumblr! I followed you just so you can check it out. I'm kinda new to it so it took a little figuring it out. Are you allowed to comment on people's stuff? Or just reblog and or like?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:16 pm

okay, im following the avatar one. and i followed one person so far thats following you :p

you can comment on people's stuff sometimes...its really confusing.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm

How do you tell when you can? I'm new to this...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:24 pm

there's usually a thing on the bottom of the post that allows you to reply.

you can also reblog and add notes on the thing.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:31 pm

I figured out the reblog thing. I just hate learning navigations of different sites. They all should have a universal way of doing things. Would be so much freaking easier.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:32 pm

yes it would.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Ok so I think I understand all the mumbo jumbo now...let's just hope both Twitter and Tumblr can help us out a little. Anymore ideas you get, send them this way.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Well, I did say we should host gifs here since gifs are becoming more popular now that tumblr's more popular. i dont know how the gifs work though or how you host them and what not.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:57 pm

I would have to embed the link inside of the image, that way it's clickable, and directs to our forum. I suppose that's called hotlinking? The problem is though that people can easily disable that or switch it so that all our created gifs link to something of their own.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:07 pm

i meant like instead of an image gallery we have a gif gallery. im confused, i dont know if that's what you're talking about XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:08 pm

I took the gallery down, it wasn't really used anyway. I can easily add a place where I can post all the animated gifs because it's not possible to put a link on the gallery images. Plus we're like really restricted with memory on the gallery. Might as well just use a thread.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:09 pm

oh i see....
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:09 pm

I'd have to look at our possibilities later though.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum