Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime

+2
zfish9
Lee
6 posters

Page 13 of 44 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 44  Next

Go down

Anime - Page 13 Empty Re: Anime

Post  Lee Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:16 pm

Oh well, I still like the Cyborg 009 English opening more.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:16 pm

If any of you are interested in Dragon Ball, not Dragon Ball Z, Funimation just recently brought out the actual uncut episodes. They come in box sets, just like how Funimation did the same for One Piece. Though the good news is there is a lot more episodes, about thirty for set.

It's the one where the cast are young and was the first series. Things such as editing out guns or gun shooting or full episodes that the lame brain 4kids thought didn't progress the story are now fully uncut and in the dvds. Because Dragon Ball was much like Family Guy in Japan, expect some toilet humor. It's nothing too serious and for the most part it's about a goofy adventure with even goofier characters.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:41 pm

i still have to finish a whole bunch of anime that i never will...@_@ the list just keeps getting longer.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:47 pm

It's basically a lighthearted adventure for those who are searching for a story to laugh at, that isn't 100% emo like most animes these days.

Here's an example, though it's in Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyozKeLxXSM&feature=player_embedded
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:15 pm

I know it's not anime, but we really don't have a section just for all cartoons. Anyway I just got the first season of Venture Brothers. Has anyone seen this series? It's basically a spoof off of Johnny Quest, except the father is a failed super scientist who has a series of washed up villains. Most of the episodes are pretty funny.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:27 pm

I have heard of Venture Brothers but I never watched it. It's on too late for me XD. I don't know what the heck is going to happen if/when Cartoon Network obtains the new Fullmetal Alchemist. I hope SOME network gets it at a reasonable time so I can watch it because I don't really have the money now to be buying box sets X_X. At least, it's not on my "must save money to buy" list. That is currently reserved for KH: Birth By Sleep and other Alice merchandise.

Lately, I have been noticing a trend: I get interested in things that are not yet available on DVD. Take House of Mouse. That show is absolutely corny and ridiculous. But I LOVE it. Of course, it's not on DVD and no one has it on Youtube: just a couple of episodes without the cartoons showing....which is dumb...then there was Gargoyles...but all those episodes are on Youtube I believe....I'm just too lazy to watch them. But still!

Notice how those are all Disney related. Sometimes I wonder what Disney is thinking with their merchandise....

Anyway, the only reason why I mention that is because I was reminded of these things because there's a visual novel about Alice in Wonderland that is currently unattainable in English and will probably never be attainable in English....and the only reason why I've become obsessed with the game is because the manga version has Alice with the White Rabbit (who's a human...rabbit thing) instead of Hatter (which is the way it should be).

The end =D.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:16 am

Loyal Subject wrote:yeah. Fullmetal Alchemist the Original has this whole weird ending to it that has absolutely nothing to do with the manga. It is in English and Japanese. SPOILER if it ends with Edward ending up in our world during WWII then this is the one you were watching.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood follows the manga. they're on the second season now. it's only in Japanese but Funimation has subbed episodes online for free.
Follows the manga my ass. I'm pretty sure the first episode never happened, and i think i remember the manga going a bit differently then how brotherhood is going. (Then again, i only saw the first 5 dubbed episodes so far. not going to watch the sub, i have enough stuff to keep track of as it is.)

And no, i haven't seen venture brothers, but i remember Johny Quest. granted, barely remember it, but still.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:00 pm

^ the first episode doesnt follow it exactly because they didnt want to start the series in Lior or whatever that place is called. So they had the creator of the manga create a villain for the first episode. and some things were shifted around in the beginning to avoid the series from jumping directly into Lior. at least, this is what i have been told from a friend who is obsessed with this series. other than that, the concepts and storyline are meant to follow the manga as closely as possible.

and i have also been watching the dubbed version. we're about to where i stopped watching the subbed version because i wanted to wait for the dub. i just want to get passed all this stuff that happens in the original series and move on to the new stuff that has never been animated before. Like Lin and May.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:10 pm

I know, i thought that was where it would have started. just start when FMA started to go away from the manga.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:28 pm

thats what i thought they should have done too but if you watch the first couple of episodes of the original series, time wise they're messed up. i dont remember exactly how they messed it up other than they did. oh, like all the things that happen in the past...where they deliver hughe's daughter and stuff...that never happened...nor did the train hijacking...so basically they would have had to redo everything after Lior anyway XD.

plus, a lot of the concepts are different. like how a homunculus is created. and they hint at the creation of the homunculus at the beginning of the original show if i remember correctly....though i havent seen the original recently so i cant say for sure.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:12 pm

okay so i just got done watching Clannad dub and it is so amazing! Really, the voice acting is really good in this one. I can't wait to get it on DVD. And I certainly can't wait until After Story comes out. If you're interested the first two episodes are available free here:
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Clannad/Watch

you have to register to see the second episode. but after that, starting next week, you have to pay for the episodes.

in other news, Vic is playing Zero in Vampire Knight. Knew it. And excited. XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:52 pm

*gasp* really????? Wow!

Although.... I haven't watched anything with Vic's voice in it recently, so I don't remember how it sounds...... hopefully it'll go well with the character. I love Zero <3

Speaking of FMA, btw... I think the entire story is going to be ending soon T_T At least that's how it seems with the manga at the moment...... I'm loving it so much at the moment -- I would never have predicted any of the things that have happened recently. Once it's done all that will be left is the anime T_T
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:34 pm

^ i believe the author mentioned it would be ending soon. i dont know when but i just know soon. and, so says my friend so i dont have any sources to back that up XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Lol. It makes me a little sad though. No more Edward or Alphonse or Roy Mustang or Lin T_T Of course, it would be really tiring if it just went on and on and on like............ InuYasha did. I actually forced myself through the entire series last year, both anime and manga. Sooooo long!!

But the twists the author's put in to FMA lately.... make me love the story even more!
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:44 pm

^ i want FMA to end so i can read it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:46 pm

You don't read mangas until they're over???

...... come to think of it, I kind of do that with animes now....
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:49 pm

^ not all of them. sometimes i have had no choice but to start reading because the story really grabbed me. but for the most part, im trying to wait. ever since Naruto....
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:52 pm

I'm doing that with My Name is Earl right now! So far I started Season 1, it's a pretty good series! I especially like the episode where Earl needs to pay back thousands of dollars from not paying taxes...he figures being on top of an old water tower will get him fined. He goes up there and the whole thing caves in and he gets stuck in the inside!

It's a shame they had to end it before the series was done...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:54 pm

^ i hate it when they do that. they did that with Invader Zim too and it irritates me. i think if they're going to end a series, they should give the creators time to come up with a decent ending.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:55 pm

I think it happens too much with great shows, like Futurama and even Family Guy was canceled more then three times. It only got so much attention again thanks to Adult Swim.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:00 pm

me too. i mean, when they do cancel Family Guy for potentially the last time, i want the creators to know its their last episode so they can actually do something great with it. Even if its just tying loose ends. though, i dont think Family Guy really has loose ends to tie....but still.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:34 am

For mangas, i tend to read them as soon as they catch my eye on OneManga. any that have an odd (and understandable!) title i tend to read immediately and the entire story ASAP. (How i got into Soul Eater, Black Cat, Liar Game, and Fairy Tail (Which has been described as One Piece with magic))

and yeah, i hate it when they do that for TV shows as well. you can at least make one more episode to tie up all the loose ends. or at least some.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:05 am

Oooh Liar Game looks really interesting!

There's so many mangas that grab my attention -- because they either have stupid or ... interesting sounding titles... like Boy of the Female Wolf. Uh... yeah I didn't bother with that one cuz, from the description, it seems like a near typical shoujo romance. But there's also Durarara!! and Dogs: Bullets & Carnage, which both seem really really cool. Unfortunately, I have so many other things to keep track of at the moment that I can't start reading any new mangas now. I'm already following like..... 8 other mangas right now, lol.

Back to animes, I recently got myself hooked on to Kimi ni Todoke. I don't normally like girly romances, but the story and characters in this one are just so cute and innocent! I really look forward to the eps every week because it's always so refreshing to watch it.
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:21 pm

^ my friend reads Kimi ni Todoke. she tried to get me to read it but i havent gotten to it yet.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:32 pm

I started to read it from the beginning after I started watching it, but because it's slower than what I normally read, I haven't kept up with it so far. But I'll probably marathon my way through it one day. Probably after the anime finishes it's season. I don't even know who my favourite character is at the moment because I love them all so much :P
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 44 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 44  Next