Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early suggestions

2 posters

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Early suggestions - Page 19 Empty Re: Early suggestions

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:54 pm

Well I don't have the links saved now, so I'll have to hunt them down again.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18535

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:57 pm

okay
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17175

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:59 pm

I can't find the ones I saw just a few seconds ago. Stupid history...anyway maybe this forum just sucks lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:00 pm

^ why would it suck?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:01 pm

Hell if I know. I'm not a mind reader of other guests and whatnot. But maybe we just like the forum because it's our forum. If we weren't part of it, maybe it would look like crap.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:37 am

I just realized that if I worked on this, most people would just find a way to rework the hotlink image to redirect to their own sites or whatever.

That and most FF.net stories that get attention are basically just smut and not really a very good story.

I should know, I was scrolling through the Avatar section. The ones at the top were like "We have sex nao?"
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:36 pm

There's a place at the support forum section to get reviews for your forum. The design and stuff. I figured since I'm trying to fix this place up, I would send one.

Our forum got the worst rating their is, which I kind of knew it was going to. lol, oh well back to the drawing board.

Now with this review, which I felt it was going to get, I want you to be honest. As honest as you can be, don't hold back.

Our banner and wallpaper? Are any of them dumb, too much? Not enough? Should I scrap the both? Tell me your thoughts, no matter how brutal they may be.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Oh wow I just realized that I set this forum section to admin only instead of global moderators/admin.

Anyway I made a few posts, which you missed.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:06 pm

that would explain why i couldn't find it before :p

what our site is no good? what kind of questions do they base it on?

well...i like the wallpaper. maybe can you make the banner a 'normal' banner and have it go all the way across?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:10 pm

They reviewer said they liked the banner, but made no mention of the wallpaper. It's not like a back and forth comment thing. I ask and they do it whenever they want to and you can't ask anything.

They said a lot of this was poor. But they also said that the banner was poor, but interesting.

I guess it's also just whoever reviews your forum. One person might like it, another might not. But we hardly get members, so it's probably the truth.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:15 pm

well what do other websites look like to compare?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:17 pm

http://help.forumotion.com/f61-review-archives

Just go through here and check out a few if you want to. Honestly, I'm just tired of working on something that I really don't know if is working or not, or where to go.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:19 pm

Also this is how ours was reviewed.

Design/Theme & Layout - Rating: Poor

Your forum's overall design isn't the best I've seen. For instance, your forum has no "forum line" class/color. Your forum has a transparent forum line, and your forum looks like it was fresh from the default design. Now I did notice how your forum's design matches your theme, but the design itself is very poorly organized. Aside from that issue, I did notice some good things. I like how you tried to match your forum's theme in some ways; your banner is what really caught my eye. Your banner perfects your forum's theme, but it still needs work. I recommend changing up the border radius. It looks way to pointy, and needs some modern look.

Your forum does match it's theme, but it needs a big renovation. As for your theme itself, I think it's very original, but I've seen a few avatar themed forums already. The key to making your forum stands out would be how you've exposed your forum's originality through it's design.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:23 pm

i have no idea what that person is talking about in terms of forum line/theme/etc.

but i think you should listen to whatever the reviewer said.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:28 pm

Do you think I know what they're talking about either lol? They say that the forum is too boxy, the radius is. You know those background pieces that I made curved and beveled? Yeah they said that was boxy...

I mean do they look jagged to you? Like for example look at the far left, where it shows your Avatar, LS and all your profile information. Is that a beveled square or a sharp square?

Cause I thought I fixed that...but apparently not for him...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:43 pm

i thought you knew what he was talking about....

it is beveled by the way.

i think what he means by 'boxy' is that there are too many individual boxes. like, there's a box separated each post: most forums have it where it's one big box with lines separating the posts. maybe that's what he means. so, he wants to to merge the boxes so it looks like one big block.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:46 pm

No he's talking about the radius, which means beveled. I looked on Explorer and Safari and it doesn't have it...wtf. But he uses FireFox, so I don't know what's the deal.

I should make you admin so you can see what it looks like in the inside. It's all coding and or restricted options. So you either know the code or have to bite the bullet and choose the bad options available.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:51 pm

but wait, i think he's talking about what i'm talking about when he says we have 'no forum line' he's saying our line is transparent which is what i think im talking about.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:56 pm

He might, but I think he means the border forum line at the far right and left of the forum. I took it out, but I can put it back in at any time. Right now I'm waiting on them for several responses to fix problems.

I don't want to keep adding more to the support section, they might go crazy on me.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:57 pm

yeah that's true.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:01 pm

I think I have three support threads right now. I need to wait for some of them to get helped on or solved, before I start making some more.

In the mean time, let's get back to the wallpaper and banner. They say that the banner is good, but nothing about the wallpaper.

Would you suggest removing the wallpaper? And maybe creating some interesting border for the banner? You said that we should stretch the banner, but do you know what that would do to the animation? It would probably look so bad lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:03 pm

i like the wallpaper....

it's got clouds and it's pretty

yeah, maybe we can do a border for the banner. something that would match the color scheme. or maybe to compromise, we can have the wallpaper as the border of the banner and then the background color a solid color.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:08 pm

lol but is pretty good or is it just junky? I don't want something that is going to put off the rest, which you're the only one who likes. I originally thought it would be a cool idea, before I was making it.

Though there were a lot of problems and I have to admit that the blue background and wallpaper don't necessarily match. In fact I don't know about the color. We might have to change that to.

The wallpaper is huge. I was thinking of a more solid border.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:13 pm

okay....

but i do like the wallpaper XD.

but what can i say, im biased cause blue is my favorite color :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:14 pm

Yeah I know...it might not be good. That's what I'm afraid of, since you said that you were always a sucker for blue.

If worst comes, I can always use the BG wallpaper as a hot link right?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum