Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:30 pm

oh well....that's odd. most of the fans were normal until Team Jacob came along which was right before the first movie was coming out.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17183

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:49 pm

Maybe i was on the wrong site at the wrong time and heard about it a lot earlier...
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:51 pm

^ no you could be right. perhaps it's just in my area. i didnt go on any websites im just basing it off of my own experiences. because there were a lot of Twilight fans way before the movie but they were all down to earth and not completely out of control.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:54 pm

Oh course, with the power of the internet, the few bad ones spammed everywhere about twilight and it quickly spread the message "Hate twilight and be mauled alive by the fans, or like twilight and be mauled alive by intelligent people on the internet."
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:06 pm

^ you can be a fan of twilight and be intelligent. you just have to do your research on the book like read an interview with the author. which almost none of the new twilight fans do. and a majority of the bashers of the book dont read them either so they just look stupid with their comments. i remember reading one review of the book that said the craziest crap and i was wondering if they even read it.

like they said something about Bella being the most popular girl in school and the reason why she falls for Edward is because he's the only guy that doesnt like her. and then they said Bella was supposed to be the author. O_o

anyway.....the fanbase sucks now and should be bashed at least the crazy ones. the books, im not sure since i havent read them in a while.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Oh yeah clearly searching online for interviews is what makes them civilized...give me a break lol, it's just the maturity of the fans. Most of hormonal girls spazzing out over a sparkly rock vampire that can live in the sunlight. She totally ruined the image of the typical bad ass vampire...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18544

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:12 pm

the mature ones are the ones that read the articles. its the immature ones that spazz out and don't pay attention to anything but the movie. it kind of goes hand in hand.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:13 pm

LS you don't have to reading articles to be mature. Come on now, that's just silly.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:20 pm

^ im not saying they have to read the articles to be mature. im saying the more mature twilight fans tend to follow stephanie meyer on her website and read the interviews with her. while the immature fans tend to not do that. im stereotyping the fans, i know, but it's just something ive observed in my area in regards to the fanbase.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:24 pm

Yeah I see what you mean. It was that way with Pokemon when I was younger, I kind of hated that to.

A friend mentioned the word James once, his friend or brothers name I forget, and the whole class goes "Oh my god! James from Pokemon!?" and then there's a chain reaction after that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:31 pm

i think the pokemon craze was worse than the current twilight one. i mean, jeez, EVERYONE was into pokemon.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:33 pm

No this one's pretty bad because of the fangirls who go crazy over Edward. With Pokemon it was just the show and execution of it, but with this it's the guy who makes the hormonal teens freak out.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:36 pm

^ yeah that's true. and i dont remember having a problem in the theater during the pokemon movie XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:36 pm

Was it bad with Twilight? I wouldn't know since I never and will never bother to see one in the theaters or out of them for that matter.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:51 pm

Twilight no. Twilight was loads of fun actually. Yeah, we screamed in the beginning when it started and when we were let into the theater but everyone was quiet throughout the whole rest of the movie. Then New Moon comes along and that's when I got the tweens with their stupid comments. And most of the comments were coming from people who went to see the movie to make fun of it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:36 pm

I haven't been in a theater to see a film in a long time...so I don't really remember how it is. I do remember one time during one of the Lord of The Ring films. Some stupid girl wouldn't stop reciting what was said in subtitles, I guess it's the elven language, she even went so far to subtitle the horse nyahs...ok WTF seriously do something else if you're that bored.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:41 pm

^ lol. that is annoying.

i think it really depends on the movie and when a person does something. and what they do. like my sister started laughing when Aslan died from Narnia and everyone told her to shut up.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:43 pm

Well even I can't help laughing at those times if they make the deaths utterly ridiculous.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:50 pm

^ it was an emotional scene actually. it wasnt one of those stupid deaths that you laugh at. ive laughed at ridiculous deaths before but her laughing was random.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:38 am

Hehe, I once went to watch a movie with a big group of friends. The entire thing was so ridiculous and over dramatized. My best friend, who picked the movie, was only focused on how hot the main actor was, but the rest of us couldn't stop laughing. This movie had the worlds most ridiculous death (or not) scene in the WORLD!!!

It was a typical indian film: A boy catches sight of an exquisitely beautiful girl and falls in love instantly. The girl is an heiress who's just about to turn 18 or whatever, and she has to decide what she's going to do with the millions of rupees she's been left behind by her long-dead parents. She's been hidden away from the world most of her life, partially for her protection, but also because her evil greedy aunty who's been raising her wants the inheritance for herself. Anyway, the boy and the girl can't help but fall in love with each other, and between stolen glances, no real conversations and about 5 or so long songs, they discover the evil aunt's ulterior motives and the plan to get the girl married to some jerk cousin or something, and so they decide to run away together. But the girl is bound by duty to the ones who raised her, as well as her love for her sister-in-law and uncle, who are actually good (but the aunty wears the pants in this family, so the uncle has no say in anything for the most part, and the sister-in-law has no right to interfere either), so she has a tough time making up her mind to leave.

The aunty and fiance gather together some gangsters and have the boy killed in some shady warehouse far away, while the girl is forced to go...somewhere (??), so she can get married and give her aunt the majority of her inheritance. Somehow she manages to watch her beloved being killed, and his body tossed in some bushes -- I think she has to watch him being beaten up and shot on a tv at home or in the car (?). Her sighs of despair, and the sounds of her tears silently dripping down her cheeks somehow reach the boy's recently-dead ears, calling back his lingering spirit, so that he revives himself, pumps up his skinny lil body so he now has an 8-pack and huge bi- and triceps; and, calling out such a huge fighting spirit in himself that the 100 or so bullet wounds all over his body stop bleeding completely, he then completely wastes the guys who had previously killed him, trashes the warehouse (his wrath and fury sets the place on fire?), and then RUNS ALL THE WAY to the airport or wherever the girl was being taken, overtakes her motorcade, destroying all the cars except the one she's in (cuz he just knows which one it is), and bringing the evil aunty and fiance to their knees begging for their lives, only to stop when his beloved rushes out and begs that he show them some mercy. After they promise to leave her alone for the rest of her life, the boy collapses while telling the girl he loves her and gets rushed to the hospital. At the end of the evening, he's still alive, and somehow only needed a bandage on his forehead and one arm because all his other wounds had disappeared?

It's the power of love, I tell you :P

EDIT: Ok I got the main plot of the story kinda wrong -- there's just too many films I've had to sit through that have almost the same overdramatic storyline, plus they're all 3 hours long, so it's hard to keep them straight. But I remember the "death" scene really well because we were laughing so hard at it. We renamed the movie "Terminator loves Cinderella", LOL!
Links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aap_Mujhe_Achche_Lagne_Lage
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:12 am

lol, that sounded typical in the beginning, and then it just goes strait to the impossible and ridiculousness. it's either the power of love, or extra-strength band-aids. one extra-strength band-aid cures 5 broken bones and twenty-two bullet wounds. throw in a sling for your arm, even if it wasn't hurt, and you're 100% cured Laughing

And happy belated birthday!
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:34 am

Oh yeah happy birthday! Also that sounds like freaking Popeye, are you sure spinach wasn't involved?

Hey if you recived a message wishing you Happy Birthday from here let me know. I was testing out some new features, and I'm not sure if they work or not.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:06 pm

LOL Actually such scenes are quite typical in Indian films, particularly the ones made between 1990 and 2003-ish.

Here's a clip of the final fight scene -- it's simply epic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYYYdUbvHnQ

So I realised that her parents were alive, and her dad and older brother (the guy in the white suit) were the bad guys, and he mum was the good one. In the little bits of dialogue there is, the girl (Sapna) tells the boy (Rohit) "I've cried a lot. Now I'm going to be gone forever!", and Rohit replies "You're not going to to leave my side, Sapna, not now, not ever!"; The brother shouts "You're crazy, Bi**h, crazy! You've gone and drunk poison so you could kill yourself, but he's going to go with you too!!!", and then he tells his lackeys to "kill that bastard!!"; In the bit with the parents, the mother is guilt-tripping the dad saying (in short) "She's silently gone along with everything you've told her. She hasn't committed suicide, YOU'VE murdered her! You murdered your own baby!"; and finally in the last few seconds at the hospital, the doc is like "you can go see your daughter now, she's going to be fine" and the dad, once they're all in the room together, is turning to Rohit with his hands joined together to beg for his forgiveness.

This entire thing drips with cliche! LOL! The guy who plays Rohit is an actor called Hrithik Roshan. He is actually really gorgeous, and he's an AMAZING dancer ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN5-DfwrlMQ ) with an awesome personality, and pretty good acting skills, but this film definitely does NOT show anything positive about him, lol!

Thanks for the wishes, Lee and zfish -- I just checked my mail, but there's nothing from the forum in there, not even in the spam folder....

Last edited by Uruviel on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:27 am

Oh darn, shows how much I know about these darn technical features! Oh well back to the drawing board!

How did your birthday go yesterday?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:38 pm

It was pretty uneventful actually -- It's Reading Week this week, so I was home all day. My dad had taken the day off, so we cleared up a bit of the mess in the basement, lol! The night before though, my family attempted to surprise me with a lil party and a cake. I don't really like doing the whol cake-cutting-birthday-song thing, but this time it was fun. We had cousins and aunts and uncles over for a casual burger dinner and then my sister attempted to distract me by commanding me to go upstairs with my bros. Then they called me back down saying "everyone's going home, come say bye!" and they had turned off all the lights and hidden themselves in the living room, and shouted "surprise" when I had come close enough. My sis had bought this really yum lime cake with cheese icing (sounds odd, but it was really just like a cheesecake). It was fun! My sisters gave me a little bracelet and these kickass sexy leather boots which I could wear even to work ^_^ Yaaayy! It was really silly though, cuz despite all my sister's denial, I knew there was a cake in the house cuz the day she came home with it, she rang the doorbell instead of using her key and I was the one who opened the door for her, LOL!
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next