Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 5 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  zfish9 Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:49 am

That's who i usually use too. but you should use some of the Laguz with formshift as well, those never go back to human form once transformed. the ones with that are Tibarn, Naelasa, Naliah, caighenius the lion king (Not that one LS), and Kurthnaga after the third endgame of part 4.

Also, I usually end up using most, if not all of the trublades as well. (High critical and Astra, no one can argue with that!)

Oh, and if you want one less boss fight and one more character to join you, when you fight Oliver in part 4, don't attack him, put Reyson right next to him and end your turn. Oliver will talk to Reyson and join you.

I never use him, but i get him for the sake of completeism.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm

Yeah that was my problem, I didn't want to use Caineghis or any of the powerhouse laguz. I felt it would be too easy that way and it would feel like cheating. Though now the damn things hard as hell to do, what her all range blast attack. Those darn orbs that dodge most attacks and do half damage, not to mention they regain all HP at the end of the phase.

The spirits don't bother me they're easy to pluck off, but she always targets my healers, no matter where they are, and does that one square nuke attack.

I'm going to have to start over at End Game Chapter 3 and go through all that crap again and just use all the laguz and the good Griel Mercenaries like Boyd, Rolf and Shinnion.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18534

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:42 pm

Don't forget about Titana, she's pretty much a tank, and Mia.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:47 pm

Mia was pretty good, but Titania was never very good. Her defense was ok, but her damage sucked.

Shinnion also wasn't very good at dealing any damage to the auras, but he took the least damage out of everyone against the spirits. They often did 0's or something in the one digits. I don't think they ever got over 10 or more.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Really? When i use Titana, she does a lot of damage...
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:14 pm

Yeah her damage is ok, but everyone else can deal two attacks, so she becomes obsolete really quickly.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:24 pm

So which system did you buy in the end?

I really want a PS3, but I have other priorities in my life right now which outrank games unfortunately :'( The last game system I had was........ an NES which my grandfather had bought for my aunt a few years before my sister and I were born @_@ It conked out completely in 2001 I think. Couldn't deal with the new millenium, lol!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_System
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:37 pm

A PS2, and it'll come in a few days.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:38 pm

Ugh I hated how my NES had that problem. You'd insert a cartridge and the dang thing would just show a black or ugly looking green screen with a lot of blinking in between. Rinse and repeat until the game decides to work...it was so annoying.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:39 am

Lol, with ours it started with the controllers stopping to work. My grandfather gave the first one to an electrician friend of his to fix, and it never returned back to us. Then, the second one started malfunctioning and the thing with the flashing screen and the cartridges, and my grandfather gave the entire system to the same guy to fix. To this day, we have never seen that NES ever again (ok, actually I've seen it -- sitting around in the guy's house O_O). It's not the first thing that hasn't come back to us from that guy, but my grandfather still gives him stuff to fix :S When I was in grade 8 or so, he finally decided that we could get a dvd player, and he asked that same guy to pick one out for us, and he brought us a PS1!!! Mad I laugh when I think about it now, it's a good thing I happened to have been sitting there with my homework while he was installing everything so I could stop my grandfather from just going along with it. He really believed that PS1 was a dvd player. It's too bad I couldn't convince him to buy both the PS and a dvd player too, though. Hehe.
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:42 am

The PlayStation plays dvds though right? Or is that just the PS2?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:02 am

PS2, not the PS1.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:48 pm

Oh then it must have been a PS2. The point is, my grandfather was about to get swindled into buying a game console thinking it was a dvd player. He's not good with electronics, so there's no way he'd have been able to figure out how to use the thing to play movies :P Plus playstations (1 and 2) were pretty expensive at the time (where we were at least....)
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:31 pm

I have been finding that the PS2 dvd player isnt that great. Or maybe it's just my PS2. But for some reason, it's super sensitive. I was watching Sweeney Todd last week on it and I got so frustrated because it kept freezing. Then I saw it had a scratch on it and I freaked out because I haven't watched that movie in like two years so I don't understand where the scratch came from....anyway the PS2 annoyed me to the point where I finally hooked up our Blue Ray player that we got for Christmas. And it worked fine. Woot =D. It only took me four months but I finally hooked up the Blue Ray.

Speaking of Blue Ray....they are so expensive. I wanted to get Where the Wild Things Are but they only sell it in combo pack (dvd and blue ray are together) and the combo pack's $40. And my sister decided to go buy the dvd instead of splitting the combo pack with me so we could have both. So now I either have to wait for just the blue ray or waste money on a second dvd copy of Where the Wild Things Are.

Of course, Disney does the same thing with only selling the combo pack which means I can't watch Princess and the Frog a million times on Blue Ray when comes out like I used to do with all my Disney movies. That will have to wait as well....

On the plus side, I got the Syfy Alice on blue ray for $10 hahaha =D. Or, as I like to now call it "How Tim Burton's Alice Should Have Ended". Because Syfy did it right in the Alice/Hatter department.

The end =D. I think that might have been two or three rants in one =O. Or a ramble.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17173

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:44 pm

Rant/ramble same thing. Anyways I think your sister is entitled to buy a combo pack of her own. God forbid she wanted the two or so movies that were in there.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:06 pm

Why would they sell the dvd AND blueray discs together??? That's stupid in my opinion -- a waste of money for 1 movie on 2 discs.
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:11 am

Also have you ever heard of this weird thing called sharing LS? I heard it's a lost ancient art, but you might want to try it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharing
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:07 pm

^ i suggested we share it as in we split the cost of the blue ray/dvd combo pack so that we have two copies in case one breaks or something. not split the dvd and blue ray. but my sister went and bought just the dvd. and she usually doesnt let people watch it. she's had Meet the Robinsons for like three years now and I've been savoring whenever it comes on TV because I didn't know she had it and she never bothered to tell me.

my mom explained to me why they sell the combo packs: because the blue rays are so expensive they put the dvd with it to make people think "well, im getting two things for a lot of money instead of one". because if you look at the racks of blue rays in the same store, just a blue ray is around $30-$35 and a combo pack is $35-$40. so for just $5 extra dollars, you're getting two things. it's because blue ray sales aren't doing well because they're too expensive.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:02 pm

You seemed to have missed my point. Is your sarcasm detector broken?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:20 pm

^ when is mine ever functioning properly?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:24 pm

That is true, you should go in for repairs.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:35 pm

I know. That, and my gullible meter is unusually high. I also promised my friend I would buy her a new pair of ears two years ago. They're all on my list of things to do.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:47 pm

New ears...what? This sounds like a long story that you're leaving out.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:59 pm

Every time I say something, my friend always mishears what I say. So I told her I would get her a new pair of ears so she can hear me accurately.

Like if I say "Get your head out of the gutter." She'll be like "What about butter?" XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:18 am

Hehehe -- I'm like that :P Though with me it's usually because I'm spacing out for some reason or another (actually there's 2: either I'm really just in my own world and not paying attention because my own inner thoughts are more interesting um distracting, or I've stayed up way too late than is good for me, so my brain's motor is unable to fuction fast enough to process incoming communication properly, and so things get jumbled up, lol). I space out in especially when my dad's giving me a lecture -- I have to ask him to repeat things a few times cuz I've missed the in-between things so the logic doesn't flow properly :P
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next