Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime

+2
zfish9
Lee
6 posters

Page 37 of 44 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 40 ... 44  Next

Go down

Anime - Page 37 Empty Re: Anime

Post  Lee Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Oh I wasn't inside all day. I had some work to do, had to fix my truck and so on. Planned to make it to Friday, then later changed to Saturday...now I don't know.

I might still try to make it, I'll have to see how things go. They won't cancel it, that much I know.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18535

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:48 pm

well I hope you get to go in that case and hopefully you'll be okay with the weather and all.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17175

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Picked up a copy of Justice League Unlimited Season 2 for ten bucks at Best Buy. They were having a sell on a lot of dvds, most were box sets from TV series. Still need to find the first series season 2...somewhere.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:36 pm

^ O_O

must...get...to best buy

hopefully they'll have Clannad After Story on sale :D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:40 pm

No, the Anime section didn't make the cut. But a lot of shows like Family Guy, South Park, Justice League (American made) were very cheap. Normally they were like forty or thirty dollars, but some were even knocked down as far as $12. I got this one cheaper because it was pre-owned I think.

I checked it though and it works fine.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:43 pm

damn....

well i still need to check it out anyway. i need to compare Clannad After Story's prices and Best Buy is the one store I haven't checked yet.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Best Buy's selection of Anime is a lot better then most stores that I've browsed (then again most were big store retails like Wal-Mart and all) but the prices can be steep.

Your best bet is to buy it on Amazon. Anything Anime based is best to buy there. They sell the stuff so cheap for some reason.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:49 pm

^ Clannad After Story's price on Amazon isn't very cheap. With the cost of shipping, it's almost the same price as buying it at a retail store. That's why I want to at least check out Best Buy first especially since I saw at the beach they had anime there dirt cheap. Like $20 for a box set.

I think it's just Sentai Filmworks in general that has the high cost or isn't giving any deals for amazon users. I look at all the Funimation anime and it's really cheap. But not Sentai.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:54 pm

What's the price by itself? Just spend enough to go over fifty bucks and you can get shipping for free. Worth every penny from Amazon if you ask me. Especially because you'll have to waste gas to go get those dvds as well. There are expenses coming out to get the stuff that you might not be aware of.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:04 pm

see here's what whoever's selling Clannad did: they made the price JUST below the free shipping deal so you still have to pay for shipping and you still have to pay a lot for it.

the mall is only 15 minutes away from my house and i wouldn't be going just for Clannad After Story. I usually go with my whole family and we go and do everything we want to do in one shot. so i don't consider that wasting gas.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:10 pm

Hey now, I wish I had someone to chauffeur me around. :P I kid I kid.

LS all you need to do is buy a few things until it adds up to $50. So you could buy 5 $10 things and that would be considered free shipping and handling. Although you might not get it, if one thing is being sold by an independent group that chooses not to be affiliated directly by Amazon.

The only way you can tell though is if you add everything in the cart. When you go through the process it will tell you whether or not it is all liable for the free super shipping saving or whatever it's called.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:22 pm

oh im going to buy it from Amazon if Best Buy is ridiculous. I just want to check it out first before I make a final decision that's all. i need to go to the mall anyway to look at that God awful place now known as the Disney Store.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:41 am

LS I didn't even have to waste but a few seconds to realize that Best Buy's price is like $20 more then Amazon.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:23 am

^ the store price online isn't always the same as the price in the actual store. it also says that FMA Brotherhood is about $45 but I saw it in Best Buy for $20.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:37 pm

lol $20? I'm sure that price is gone now. Best Buy doesn't sell Anime cheap. For the most part one chain store price is pretty much going to be the same price as the other.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:53 pm

^ yes, it was $20. and it wasn't on sale. in fact, most of their anime was around $20. i was mind boggled. so i dont want to miss a potential chance of getting the anime i want at a steal even if i have to wait a little longer =p. i dont mind waiting, it's not like my favorite scenes aren't online or anything =p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:55 pm

What were you thinking not buying one of those? Rarely will you ever see Anime that cheap anywhere.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:59 pm

no, i didnt buy any of it. all they had was fma brotherhood and i still haven't decided if i want to buy it and, if i do, i can't pick which box set i want. there's like 5 and im not getting all of them...or i might just wait for the super box set. you can also buy 'box sets' online where they just combine all the mini box sets into one purchase and it's significantly cheaper. my sister did that with FMA the original series.

the rest of the anime i never watched and didn't really look interesting to me. it was very limited.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:18 am

Yeah I'd have to agree, the only Anime I'm really into or was, were One Piece, Naruto, YuYuHakusho, and DragonBall.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:18 am

its not even that i havent been into many series, it's more of yes, ive seen a lot of anime but there are very few that i liked so much that id be willing to spend $50 or whatever on for a box set so i can watch it over and over again. its like watching a tv series: once you see it once i dont really need to watch it over and over again. the ones that are exceptions to this are the ones i buy.

FMA Brotherhood is amazing and I will buy something from it, I just have to figure out which episodes are my favorites. Clannad After Story I will also buy but I also don't really care for the dub so there's no rush and my mom's busy lately so it's not like she's waiting for it. she's also extremely far behind on FMA so yeah.... and Baccano! is totally awesome and I will get that some day as well.

And, speaking of One Piece, I have been on the waiting list for what feels like forever for the next set. I just hope this isn't a case where some idiot thought it would be a good idea to steal from the library because then I'm going to be pissed. Especially since they have ALL of One Piece and there's no way I'm friggin skipping over 13 episodes to get to the next one. @_@
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Hey now, Anime doesn't cost $50. I got most of mine pretty cheap, because I got lucky most of the time. I got a lot of the One Piece sets for $20.

You wouldn't want to skip this arc anyway, you'd be confused as to what is going on in the next set. I really loved this set, I don't know if you will, but it was awesome.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:10 pm

^ the anime i want usually costs around $50. hence why im waiting on FMA Brotherhood and stuff...already the prices for Brotherhood I see are going down :)

im not going to skip this arc, i refuse lol. ill just have to wait and hope it comes in.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:31 pm

So by the way, how are you enjoying One Piece so far?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:27 pm

i honestly don't remember what the last thing happened in One Piece. i think it was where they were on that island of bounty hunters but im not sure...something to do with a princess or something...

the idea of the princess person having to leave felt familiar. like maybe ive seen a similar episode in one piece before or ive seen a later one that will happen soon. but i'll know when i get further in.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:55 am

Right, I know where you are. You're at the part where they were all drugged by the Whiskey Peak residents. The next arc is really good.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 44 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 40 ... 44  Next