Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The News Thread

+3
zfish9
HaruWolf
Lee
7 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

The News Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The News Thread

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:26 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/22/libya-rebels-tripoli_n_932706.html

So rebels in Libya serve a crushing defeat as they take Tripoli. Looks like a new government will soon be formed. Let's just hope this ones better then their last.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18533

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:35 pm

i hope they can successfully build a better country.

although we aren't suffering nearly as bad problems as them, this makes me wish our government would wake up and smell the roses.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:39 pm

No country is perfect. Our government is not dumb, despite what people may think.

Although that one bill that would give all immigrants, illegal to, free scholarships and schools was just absolute bullshit. Hand those freebies to me to or I won't vote for you.

You got the latino vote, but whoops you lost every other school students. Gee whodathunk?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:56 pm

I don't think our government is dumb, I'm just saying we have a lot of problems that need to be fixed and our government is too focused with the coming election and blaming the opposite party that they aren't getting as much done as they could be. It just makes our government look like a three ring circus and, in consequence, the American people start mimicking them and blame the opposite party mindlessly so then we look like a bunch of idiots.

But that's just me :p

George Washington once advised against forming parties. How right he was :p

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:53 pm

It's not that we don't need parties, we just need to be mature about it, but most people always love playing the blame game. It's so much easier to do that then to admit your own mistakes.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:06 pm

^ exactly. and we're immature about it. hence why Washington advised against it. i don't think there's anyone wrong with parties but the fact of the matter is, people are immature XD. that and parties ultimately make it nearly impossible for a lot of people to run. the way politics in general is, it's not the government our forefathers intended it to be. it wasn't meant to be this difficult for people to run.

of course, our forefathers also knew the country would change but in this instance, i don't think it changed for the good. sometimes we need people that are more down to earth to run things and that's hard to do when money's thrown all over the place.

but again, that's just me.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:28 pm

Our forefathers also wanted to be isolationists, which many wars proved that we cannot be. We stayed that way until WW2, when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. After the war, US and the UN decided to be the police of the world.

And it was perfect timing (even though people call it getting your noses in others businesses) Because Russia was becoming a ruthless threat. Not to mention they started to mistreat the western side of Germany occupied by them.

Didn't look good on them when they left them to crumble and starve and US and the UN had to drop rations over the border for them for several months.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:55 pm

^ im not saying the forefathers were always right but i don't think they were wrong with certain things either :p

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:51 pm

Dusting this old topic, Kim Jong II died of an heart attack three days ago. While this sounds good for the people he oppressed, we'll have to wait and see how well his son can rule. Which by looking at images of him, he looks like he doesn't know wtf he's going to do.

And that's bad because when you have someone like that in charge, they normally listen to what the others in their command often have to say. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57344961/kim-jong-il-n-korean-dictator-dies-at-69/
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9