Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

90 Days and Nights of Summer

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

90 Days and Nights of Summer - Page 3 Empty Re: 90 Days and Nights of Summer

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Yeah I wouldn't want you to fail on account of me. Just keep me informed, I'll be rooting for you!

Have you tried going to some different schools/colleges locally? You could write up some fliers, strongly explaining that the only reward is experience and resume material.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:12 pm

Psssshhh way ahead of you =p

I not only put up flyers at my school, I also emailed all the staff at my school (Visual Arts Staff) and the Visual Arts Staff at local schools. Problem is, there aren't many schools locally that have a Visual Arts Department unless I want to venture to NYC. which i don't want to do unless i know someone who knows someone.

I've also asked a couple of people if they know any artists. Some people are looking. Problem is: no one really wants to do it from what I'm hearing. And a lot of people were/are on vacation this month.

But as a last minute resort, I'm taking that animation class next semester. so if the deadline is October, I'm hoping I can find someone in time who can at least do a poster. My animation teacher is also on the look out.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:18 pm

Oh nice, I didn't know you were getting into animation! Are your other partners local? I only ask because you said something about traveling to New York.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:23 pm

the school just added a Visual Arts minor so I might do that. I'm using this animation course as a test run and because I wanted to do 3D animation in high school but the class was taken away @_@.

my friend goes to a local school. we're trying to find someone as local as possible. like i said, i dont really want to get into the city because it's a dog eat dog world in that place and, quite frankly, i can easily see someone from either the staff or students totally screwing us over if word got out with what we're doing.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:33 pm

If you take a 3D animation course, here's the best advice. Save often. Save anytime you make an edit. Don't only save, but each time you save, make this save file a different name.

Like Portrait 1, Portrait 2, Portrait 3; ect.

Sometimes there's just a point of no return if you mess up or if there happens to be a bug that keeps crashing your project. You'll thank me and yourself if you do that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:34 pm

^ yeah ive kind of been through that before. i did get to do some animation just not as much as i wanted to in the class in high school. the second class got axed.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:38 pm

The classes will get technical real quick, so just pay attention and read up on whatever book is issued, and you'll do fine. I don't know what kind of program you'll be using, but if it's Maya good luck.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:40 pm

we don't have a book and it's Cinema 4D which ive used before.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:47 pm

That's good. Cinema 4D is a lot easier to use, Maya is more complex, but has way more features. Though if you're not planning to use 3D as your main career, Cinema is good enough.

I really didn't know much at all when I started my 3D course, so of course I had to start off with Maya of all programs lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:56 pm

i like 2D animation better anyway. but i was pretty good in Cinema 4D that's why I decided to use that one as a test run for the Visual Arts Minor instead of a Fundamentals in Drawing or something.

i actually have an animation i did but i don't know where it is. we had to come up with a recycling product.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:18 pm

Yeah I enjoy 2D animation more as well. It just has more personality because the artist is more in touch with the paper. With strictly digital works, like 3D, it's kind of rigid, and while styles can be created, it's just not the same.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:20 pm

^ exactly. though, i did like the animation in Tangled i think it would have been better 2D.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:47 pm

I don't know. I didn't watch Tangled, but I have seen enough of it through scenes and trailers to know the style. I think it has its own charm the way that it is. It's just that a lot of shows have been getting into the 3D animation phase, where they are dishing out bad quality shows.

Maybe it's because I know what they've done and what is missing, but I feel like even if I hadn't known it would feel unfinished. Like on CN I caught this new 3D animation of Garfield, the animation and modeling is just crap.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:51 pm

Tangled is good in 3D but once I saw the illustrations Glen Keane did in 2D, I wished it was in 2D.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:53 pm

I can appreciate both 2D and 3D for what they are, and wouldn't want the films created in any other form. To each their own I suppose.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:57 pm

i like movies in 3D, i just think Tangled might have been nicer in 2D.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum