Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:12 pm

yeah i know hehe.
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16997

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 90 Days and Nights of Summer

Post  Lee on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:31 pm

i mean some of his jokes are inappropriate and i dont understand them.....
Confused How do you know they are "inappropriate" if you can't "understand" them?
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18365

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:32 pm

^ because everyone laughs and then he says something like "you are all thinking dirty" or "you all have dirty minds" but i don't get it..........
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:47 pm

Lee Tamotsu wrote:So I know you are an English major for journalism, I think. So are you close to earning your degree? And if I'm wrong that it wasn't journalism, please tell me what it was heh.

This is what it says on my registration report: BA Honours (Co-op): Major in English; Major in Linguistics.

I chose to do a double major as opposed to a specialization in only English, or a major with 1 or 2 minors.

It's English, as in English Literature, and Linguistics as in the scientific study of languages (sound structure, sentence structure, the study of meaning in words, etc) . I'm in my third year now - I have a year and a half left to go now, and then I'll have my degree. The co-op makes things really complicated because I now basically have to alternate each semester between a work-term and a study-term. So this Fall, I'm in my study-term, and then I'll be working in the Winter semester. The crappy thing is that the Linguistics department of my university is rather miniscule, so they only offer a course once a year, and so, the classes that I wanted to take out of my 3rd-year requirements are all offered in the Winter, when I'll be working. I'm not allowed to take any classes during a work-term. And they wont be offering any classes during the Summer, so I'm going to fall behind a year as far as the Ling component of my degree goes. I'm supposed to graduate in the Fall of 2010.

I could go in to journalism if I wanted to, but that would be for my post-graduate degree. There's so many options for me with this degree - I'm thinking of going to Law school, or journalism school.... or I'll do something in Public Administration, since I want to work in the government here. Or I'll just screw everything and go to chef school and open up my own restaurant. A restaurant or something like that is going to be a side project for me, anyways, no matter where I work. Ideally, I'd like to make my career as a writer in whatever capacity. The reason I want to pursue journalism is because I want to become an editor. I'd love to be editor-in-chief of some huge paper like the Globe and Mail or the National Post or something like that!
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:27 pm

I think we should see how far we get this time...by adding what we did this Summer! Mine was actually pretty fun! So let's see what we can form!

71. Ok this is just a small one...I'll add a larger event later on if I see how well this goes. This was pretty recently about a few weeks about. Well I couldn't go to Gettysburg on Saturday due to work and it was supposed to rain on Sunday. It called from rain on Friday also, but it was the only day I could go. Good thing it was only scattered showers. I could deal with that.

So the shop I wanted to go to only opened Friday, Saturday, and Sunday so I chose Friday the only other day I had off and could go. I got up early and went a friend wanted to come along to and we decided to go in our Infantry uniforms just for the heck of it. They hadn't been used much so we decided to break them in a bit.

Took me forever to find the store when I got to Gettysburg. Walking back and forth in the streets and getting hot in the wool uniform I finally found it after asking some locals. Mostly the local stores knew.

I wanted to go there to find a infantry hat that was issued only to the infantry unit I portray. They are rare to find, reproductions I mean and this store as far as I know was the only one that had them. They were used before the outbreak of the Civil War in the Mexican/American War.

It's the hat this doll is wearing.

http://www.three-peaks.net/mex_war_enl_fatigues.jpg

Though they didn't wear those uniforms.

I was a happy camper with my new hat that I wanted to get for the longest time now. I figured since I was there I might as well go and check out the battlefield. Then all of a sudden it started to rain. Oh well it's only a scattered shower and will pass right? Wrong! It was more like a storm! It just down poured after a while! So going to the field wasn't going to happen.

Instead I did some more shopping around the town. Not exactly what I expected to do, besides the hat, but oh well I found some nice relics. I like to go shopping for Civil War relics to.

Getting back to my truck would be a challenge though. With no type of roofing I had to run for my truck, well so did my friend. With no umbrella we were getting soaked. Wet wool is twice as heavy as regular clothing. The streets were over flooding to. I think one guy thought it would be ok to walk in the flooded street only to be swept on his butt by the current. I took his lesson happily and went the other way.

We got home with a wet but on the seats and had to air dry our uniforms for a few days. I didn't wear my hat out in the rain at least, that's one good thing. I kept it in the plastic bag they gave me. Yes I know so authentic but so are trucks.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:22 pm

i feel like i did nothing this summer.

70. i went to the beach. and it happened in the beginning so i dont remember what we did besides go to the beach lol.

69. then i went to Freshmen Orientation for my college. it...felt like a complete waste of time. and i have to go to another one at the end of August @_@. the only thing that happened was i met a very nice person named Louise. oh yeah and i took a picture with the mascot...everything else was just listening to things i already knew and then getting mad because now i have to retake two of my AP courses because i didnt get a high enough score on the AP test.

68. i got obsessed with Alice in Wonderland and then the Tim Burton trailer came out and I freaked for a good 5 days =p.

67. after ...five or six years i finally got a bike. and ive been riding it down the street in the morning and seeing deer =D. i saw two fawns and their mommy the other day ^.^

thats it =D
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:20 pm

68. i got obsessed with Alice in Wonderland and then the Tim Burton trailer came out and I freaked for a good 5 days =p.
So should we add that as five days? When you finally woke up with massive headache? Razz
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:25 pm

You can if you want. though im still kind of obsessing over it so it might take away majority of the countdown XD
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:38 pm

66. One day this summer I went fishing on a boat. It's been a while since I have so I enjoyed it. Riding on the boat as it speeds across the water and bumps on the waves is fun. I really like it, especially when another boat speeds by and leaves a ripple of waves to really bump across. Though sometimes those ripples are a little deep and the water ups up crashing in the boat.

Then when we would find a suitable spot to fish we would stop there and drift about in the waters. The others did pretty good catching fish, there was another and me who didn't do so well. It was kind of hard to tell a times whether my line was being caught on the bottom or nipped by a fish. Though for the most part, I don't know, but I think it was just the line getting snagged on the bottom in the beginning.

The first fish I actually reeled in was a 15 1/2'' flounder it wasn't a keeper though since they needed to be 18'', still it was a good enough catch for me. The other fish I would catch would be these small fish nicknamed croaker since they sounded like they croaked when they breathed. They were plentiful in this one place we picked out.

Besides that someone who went fishing with us, was always bragging how he could catch the best fish. He ended up jerking his line in when he caught one, the fish flew over the boat and slapped me in the face before falling in the other side of the boat.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:21 pm

So a lot of you guys are busy now, not saying that I'm not. I was just wondering how college or school is going, since a lot of you have said you're bogged down with it. How's everything going on the education front or whatever is chewing up your time?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:24 pm

I love all my classes except History. my teacher talks in circles and the way he explains things is just....boring. what i wouldn't give to have my old history teachers again.

oh yeah and my first year topics class is totally awesome. i dont think other kids in my class like it though. but i mean our classroom is a dance studio. and on the first day we got to walk around barefoot. how awesome is that? =p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:54 pm

So Summer is coming to a close soon. Figured I would revive this topic. Anything that you did in particular, that you feel is postworthy, just curious is all.

I haven't been to many reenactments due to school, work problems, or getting sick (with that acute bronchitis/lung infection thing I had last summer)

I was going to head to Gettysburg last year, but I couldn't breath right, so I decided to not go reluctantly. (They were going to have this fourth day of fighting, normally it is only a three day fight, during the Confederates escape from the North. There were actually battles on July 4th, where small parts of Union chased and fought the retreating south. I thought that would be cool, but couldn't make it unfortunately.

Anyway I made it to Gettysburg this year, with an old friend to! We only went for one day due to work and everything, but it was still great. Weather is always really hot, too windy, too cold, or raining when it comes to reenacting. If you get a good weather event, you are lucky. And lucky we were!

There was talk about it being a bad event because the numbers were pretty small this year, but I was pretty amazed at the battle we did. It was awesome, I wish I had some footage or pictures to show, but I don't.

We did the first day of fighting, when the Confederates pushed the Union through the landscape and town of Gettysburg (because they had more numbers on the first day) The bulk of the Union were still trying to make their way to Gettysburg at that time.

The spectators really loved it to, it almost seemed like they were crazy football fans the way they were screaming, clapping, and shouting.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:05 pm

The only thing post worthy I did was work on this project for Disney. I didn't do much else....

although I did almost get that internship with Todd but it was only for two days so he said I could help out when he has a bigger project.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Oh so that's who you were working for that internship for? Pretty cool. Are you allowed to show what you worked on or is that confidential?

About the Disney project, are you talking about the Oswald and Mickey story?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:21 pm

no I wasn't working for Todd. I was working for someone else for my internship. let me explain:

I had emailed Todd about an internship and he said I might be able to help out if they got the funding to work on a project and he said it wouldn't be a very long internship so I probably wouldn't be able to use it for school credits.

So i got another internship but this boss didn't have that much for me to do either so I took it because it would be all summer and then I could work with Todd also to gain experience if he got the funding.

So then I emailed him and it ended up being where this project was only a few days so he said he would let me know when they had a longer project.

The Disney project is a contest where you have to create an attraction for a Disney park with a group. Finalists get to go to Disneyland and present their idea and the winners automatically get interviews for internships. If you don't win or you don't become a finalist, you can still be picked for an interview. That's why I'm doing it.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:23 pm

Oh I see, so are you still working for your one internship? I also don't think I heard anything about this Disney contest. Good luck with it though!
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:31 pm

I'm kind of still working on it, yes. I'm probably going to do storyboards because that's what I'm supposed to do even if they're terrible as a filmmaker.

see, the other problem that was frustrating is, they want each person's discipline to be showcased. so my idea was for me to use the artwork to make a video (you get 1:00 minute of video) which would either be a storyboard put together with sound effects or a basic overview of our project with the artwork as b-roll. but if we don't have artwork, i can't really make a video because then we have no b-roll....im asking them if i can use images online because i saw one group do that even though it's against the rules @_@.

so yeah, basically i have to find a way to showcase my discipline visually. right now, im just the leader that conceived the idea and ive been doing things that aren't in my field.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:34 pm

So this internship project, is this what you've been working on, where your one teammate artist just left?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:37 pm

yes. my friend and i are doing it together but the finalist teams all had either really good artwork or an engineer for their team. so we wanted to find an artist who could visually represent our idea in a non-technical sense (my friend does the technical drawings). she isn't an artist so we needed one. and then we found one. and then he left.

and now, i have to convince my friend to fix her layout because her current layout is going to screw up the entire concept of our idea.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:39 pm

...And she is refusing to do that? How much more time do you have for this project? Scraping any work completely isn't something that should be taken lightly.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:50 pm

We have until either September or October. the date hasn't been finalized.

she hasn't refused yet. i just told her today what a possible solution would be after looking at her plan and thinking about it. im just waiting for the response. she hasn't started the coloring and other stuff yet: she's just finished the rough for the design. and she told me she moves things around a lot even until the final days of the project so what im suggesting should, in theory, be an easy fix to our problem. plus, she's already said she has things to fix with it and im not going to suggest she scrap the whole thing or something drastic like that.

i just don't know how she's going to take it because she ended up doing this as part of her final project for school (she's taking classes now). so i dont know if she's just going to think 'whatever' because it's satisfactory for school purposes or if she's going to take it seriously and try to change it for the sake of the internship. that's what im concerned about. i dont know how she is as a student/worker.

if it were me and i knew i had from now until september/october, i would just change it and separate the two projects if i had to (ive already done similar things in school). but that's just me.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:25 pm

If she is technically your artist of the group now, I would keep the interest of you and her in mind. I'm not pegging you as the type to do this, but a lot of directors/organizers often think of their group projects as their project and not a collective group of different ideas.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:10 pm

she's not our artist, she's our interior designer.

and normally id just let this go because i did give her creative freedom with the interior design. but our whole concept of the attraction centers around what she cut out so i dont get why she changed it in the first place. and we even talked about how this had to be in the design and the rest i didn't really care how she set it up. so i dont get why it isn't in the design in the first place to be honest. this should be there regardless; it's almost like the centerpiece of our attraction.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:55 pm

So how many people do you have working on this project? I thought it was only three including you, but from what it sounds like, you have more?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:03 pm

It's only two as of now. me and my friend. we had a third but they left ._.

we're looking for a third person to be an artist. although i did draw a pretty badass looking Oswald today :D id upload it but i dont know if the contest rules allow me to do that so i'll only do that if i know we lost XD.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum