Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Randomness Core

2 posters

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next

Go down

Randomness Core - Page 10 Empty Re: Randomness Core

Post  Lee Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:24 pm

I don't know, but me thinks Doctor Who has nothing to do with Lilo and Stich :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:38 pm

Lol it doesn't :p

On a side note: woo hoo I finished the rough draft of my script!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:45 pm

A few more phases needed for the next chapter.

Woohoo!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:47 pm

yay :D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:49 pm

I just realized that Ichiro would be a name used in Fire Nation, because it's actual relation to Ancient Japan. Which it kind of works well because Lee and Ichiro's family are from the Fire Nation, therefore they would had named them as such.

Also while on the subject of different interesting RP facts, if we were ever to have theme music for our characters, Ai's would be titled

'Ai's Quirks'
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:17 pm

yes it would.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:32 pm

Or at least her common theme would be titled that. It would be upbeat, goofy, yet not too much where it would be unbearable. It would be lively, like a younger person exploring something for the first time.

Not sure what we would title the others though.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:50 pm

I have no idea either. Then again, I was never good with music/song titles/or anything like that.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Almost finished!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Holy **** I didn't realize that project I needed to work on is due next week. Like seriously wtf.

I managed to get about 15-20 seconds done out of the 1:00. I'm going to work on it tomorrow morning and hopefully get it to 30 seconds done so I'll be halfway by the time class starts. And then I get 3 hours to work on it in class.

Yeah...I'm totally screwed this week :p Expect me to drop off the face of the planet.

I wish this project was not such a graphic design oriented thing. Cause I've said this like a million times, I suck at it. I just want to make a damn opening sequence.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:09 pm

Well good luck, at least it's not due this week :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:19 pm

I think I'd die if that were the case. Or Id ask for an extension because honestly, giving us only 3 days to work on the project is kind of bs. Especially since I lost 2 of those days cause I wasn't feeling well (I was wiped out today again and surprised I got anything done at all). And the third day I had class....so yeah.

And, in my defense, I emailed this professor on Wednesday asking about feedback so I'd have more time to work on it. Like, I literally said (without realizing this project is due next week) 'I need all the time I can get with this project' lmao XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Good luck, you'll be fine though. I know it seems stressful and that you don't think you'll have enough time, but just manage what time you do have effectively.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:12 pm

yeah, assuming my professor likes what i did so far, ive only got about 10 seconds left.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Well that's great! And you still have plenty of time to spare in case you want to tweak other parts, good job.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:15 pm

I know, I need to pat myself on the back.

In all honesty though, I have a feeling he'll tell me to re-do a lot of stuff. Just because I've come to realize I have no sense in terms of graphic design. So I wouldnt be surprised if the entire project fails.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:40 pm

You shouldn't be so negative, I'm sure your professor will find strong and weak points, as all teachers do with their student's works.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:58 pm

You don't understand he literally saw the one draft and pretty much had no idea with what i was doing XD

In my defense, he said I picked a really hard audio clip. Which makes me think he should have listened to our audio clips before having us start the project. I mean...yeah.

But hopefully what I did was good. I mean, I think the animation I did is good. It's just the conceptual part I'm having trouble with :p Which is the most important part of our grade coincidentally.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:42 pm

You could had sent him the clip via an email if you were unsure (a little too late for that now though), but I'm sure you'll do great.

Also working on the next chapter, only a few pages in though. I got the whole setup figured out and by list though, so that should go a bit quicker then before.

Anyway I also have been busy with work, so I probably won't be on tomorrow or much. I also will be away from most of the weekend. Just so you know.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:02 pm

I did send him an email. I sent it yesterday. Im sending him another one tomorrow. Cause seriously, I dont want this 'hey lets reply on Sunday' or some bs like that.

and yeah, im probably going to be busy this weekend as well.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Went to Gettysburg yesterday, it was a lot of fun. Got to go around to a few of the battlefield locations (and I always make sure to make a stop at the wheatfield/Regulars Hill, because that's where the unit I portray fought.

I actually took some pictures of the monuments and the landscapes, especially of the wheatfield and Hill, so maybe I can upload them here. If you want. Got a lot of reenacting shopping done to, because it's the only place you can buy affordable prices at a traveling distance.

Otherwise you're buying God knows what online, which you never want to do with reenacting, because it's usually handmade. You never know what quality it will be like. There are sutlers (tent stores) at reenactments to, but they cost an arm and a leg because they know you're going to need the **** then and there. There won't be any other place to buy the stuff in time.

I just bought some things that you wouldn't find interesting, like suspenders, a canteen strap, ect...

But what was really cool was a relic store I went into. They have some awesome stuff in those places always, expensive, but awesome. I never buy anything, I can't afford them lol. I do buy some used bullets and tiny things, but that's it.

There was one thing I had to buy though. In the Civil War, every soldier was issued a military regulation hat. Depending on what unit they served under, their hat may vary. But they all had to have insignias/pins. The infantry had a bugle, a number, and letter.

http://www.nthistorymuseum.org/Collections/unioncap1.jpg

Like that, but the number went inside the bugle gap. Anyway the number indicated what part of the military they served under, the bugle labeled them as infantry, and the letter was the company under the number. So it could be like Fifth United States Infantry, Company B.

I found a numeral 4 brass piece in one of the relic shops, in a showcase where all of the relics were dug and recovered from Gaines Mill Virigina. Gaines Mill was a battle fought in 1862, which only the United States Regulars were part of.

I portray the 4th Infantry, which was positioned at Gaines Mill, while it's not a guarntee that it was from their unit, the possibilities are very high. So I bought it, I'd never come that close to finding anything Regular related and it was cheap to.

...Yeah that's how I spent my birthday (although it's not here technically)
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:37 pm

cool! it seems like you had a lot of fun.

i dont know how im spending my b-day yet. its a surprise.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:09 am

Yeah, hopefully your birthday went well! Or if you're holding off the celebration until the weekend, hope it goes great!

I got a used dvd set of Band of Brothers, the HBO series for the WW2 front against the Germans, they also have one called Pacific for the Japan front. After watching two episodes (1 hour each) I got to thinking, it would be cool if they made an HBO series like Band Of Brothers, only for Civil War.

A quick Google search calls it To Appomattox, which is set for early 2013 on HBO. Too bad I don't have HBO... Appomattox is where the war ended, so it will probably chronicle where the war began 1st Manassas in 1861 until the surrender in 1865.

To get it right though, they would need to focus on a band of soldiers on both sides however.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:33 pm

I think there is a series set around the Civil War already. It might be the second season of Appomattox. It actually won an Emmy recently the show I'm thinking of.

Edit: it's called Hatfields and McCoys and it takes place after the Civil War.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:36 pm

That's something different though. That was about two families that were feuding. They were mean sonsofbitches. And it's based on the true families.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next