Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Games

3 posters

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Video Games - Page 11 Empty Re: Video Games

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:55 pm

oh i see. but oh well, i cant play it now anyway. i still have to beat Star Ocean which plot-wise is pretty boring but gameplay wise it's kind of fun.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:13 pm

Are you playing the first Star Ocean for the PlayStation?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:15 pm

ummm i believe it's the first one remade for the PSP.

or maybe the title is Ocean Star. i dont know. i just know it's got Star and Ocean in the title :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:17 pm

There's a Star Ocean for the Playstation, it's the very first one. Then there's a Star Ocean 2 for PlayStation 2, I don't know about the others. I know my one cousin was obsessed with the first game when it came out.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:20 pm

yeah, Star Ocean has good gameplay like I said but the stories a bit lacking. it's kind of cliche.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:23 pm

If you haven't realized most RPGs have a cliche plot, it's the adventure and additional side quests which make them a success or not.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:24 pm

all the more reason why I appreciate the first KH and some of the sequels. they're not as cliche as this game.

i also really liked The World Ends With You. that was a good game too story-wise.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:24 pm

I don't really care too much about the plots (so long as they can keep me semi interested) Games cost a lot today and I don't want to spend fifty bucks for a game that I'll be able to finish in three hours or whatever.

The replay value is what keeps people coming back for me. Maybe you're a minority in that section, but that's what I love about most of my games.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:23 pm

yeah im a minority. i always put the story first for everything i choose media wise. story is the most interesting part for me and is what causes me to play a game over again.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:26 pm

But without a solid replay value, you probably wouldn't touch that game that much.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:46 pm

i treat games the way i treat books: i only play it once through usually unless it's really gripping. then i'll play twice or do the side quests. but if the story isn't good then i don't really care. most of my games take a lot more than 3 hours though. usually 25+
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:29 am

Most people treat their games the same way they'll treat anything they like, come now LS. I was using three hours as an exaggerated example. Like for instance Luigi Mansion was a very short game, but when it came out it was expensive.

If you work for the money and then buy the game, of course you would like it (if it's a game you're into) but you'll feel that it was lacking or too short/ended too quickly.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:25 pm

^ i meant, i pick my games based on the way i pick books. i pick a game that has an impactful story first. i dont pick games based on how long they'll take me to play or what their replay value is. story comes first for me otherwise i get bored with it. and when i finish a game, i don't think 'aw, that game ended too quickly'; i usually judge the game based on its story.

like Epic Mickey. even though the gameplay sucked, id still call it a good game because of the story. and id say Star Ocean is an okay game because the story is just okay. i judge on the story first because i only continue playing a game to find out what happens next. and yeah, it isn't conventional but that's just how i do things :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:19 pm

God I couldn't get past Epic Mickey's horrible camera and controls. Not to mention that the entire game was basically a rehash of each level. Go and do this and this happens.

Plots are good, but when Point A to Point B is painfully annoying (As in Epic Mickey's way) then I'm likely not to finish it. Even if the story sounds semi-interesting.

Like for instance Fall-Out has several different side-quests. Or you can just go through the entire main plot. The game won't last as long though.

And if the game was short and you had to pay and arm and leg for it, trust me you would had preferred it to last longer. A book is different then a game because it doesn't cost sixty some bucks for a bunch of stapled paper.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:27 pm

^ hence why i said the gameplay for Epic Mickey was terrible and the game is only worth it if you're a big disney fan because everything in the game is based on something in the Disney Archives and the story itself is probably more interesting to people who know who most of the characters are.

like, honestly, if i was playing Epic Mickey and I only knew who Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and the Sorcerer were, I'd be really bored. the only thing that made that game interesting and cool was how they took all these characters that no one knows about and put them all into a story.

time isn't a factor for me with games because games usually take me a long time to beat so I feel like Im getting my money's worth on gameplay. especially since I don't play games often and it will either 1. take me a week to beat the game if i go all out on it or 2. take me years because I stopped and then started playing it again. the games that take a week are the ones I like for the story; the games that take years are the ones that bore me story-wise. so, either way, i get my money's worth :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:37 pm

Well you're one of the odd minority LS :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:38 pm

i know :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:05 pm

Regarding videogames though, they really dropped the price on the 3DS. I'm actually thinking about getting it (eventually)

So far they've just made a bunch of old games with 3D effects, big deal.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:09 pm

^ i know, im so happy they dropped the price cause now i might be able to get it for KH 3D

but first, i want to see what the reviews say. cause i swear, if its like ReCoded I'm not getting it. that game was terrible story wise. it was so friggin stupid.

i mean, how many times do they expect me to stop Jafar from marrying Jasmine in this series? it's retarded.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:12 pm

Haha...Kingdom Hearts. Does it actually have anything Final Fantasy in it? I only watched my cousin play a bit of the very first and there was hardly anything related to it.

They're making a Resident Evil 3DS game, that's going to be awesome once it's released.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:13 pm

characters from FF appear in the game, yes. i got the game for Disney though of course. i never knew what FF was until I played KH.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Are you serious? I mean it's almost as well known as Mario.

LS: "What's Mario"

Super Disney Brothers is released.

LS: "Oh!" :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:16 pm

KH came out in 2002 Lee. I was 12. give me a break :p

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:17 pm

Final Fantasy 7 was so famous though, I can't believe you've never heard of it or even saw anything of it. Even FF8 and 9 were popular. And FF9 came out way back in 2000.

I can almost remember the day I bought that game or more like night. Many fun hours of gameplay were consumed that night and New Years Eve!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:19 pm

^ cause i wasnt allowed to play the T rated games or anything. plus, i was a stupid kid anyway. i think that gullibility thread proved it :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next