Video Games

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Video Games

Post  Lee on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 am

I bet your mom didn't let you play Smash Brothers Melee either because it was rated Teen. Honestly there was nothing teen worthy in it...it was TV-Y7 material if that...

You missed out on a really great game!
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18361

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:41 pm

^ yeah i wasnt allowed to play it because it was rated T and it was 'violent'.

i missed out on a lot of video games. of course, my sisters got away with that as i got older.
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16993

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:44 am

See that's what's stupid. (Not your mom, but the game rated Teen) There was nothing adult about the game. It was as much violent as the first Smash Brother which was rated E.

No one could explain why. No cursing, no blood, nothing. There was one rumor that it was because of this trophy you could win (trophies are like these things which are detailed models of characters or items from Nintendo past games.) This trophy was from a game and the character was like a demon devil or something.

The NA release removed that trophy. So if that was the case, it's freaking retarded to keep it Teen still if you took out the reason why it should be teen.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:20 pm

i think the rating system in general is retarded. especially with movies. luckily, my mom is more lenient now.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:55 pm

No most games ratings are understandable and great. They are not retarded at all. You probably haven't been a fan of games for too long, but back when the SNES was still around (in shops) and a little after that, there were no rating systems.

Which meant adults were buying their kids gore filled games and didn't realize it until it was too late.

Of course one game comes along and botches the whole rating system, like Melee, but the others don't abuse it.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:44 pm

ive been playing games since the second grade. whether or not i understood my surroundings regarding games at the time is unknown :p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:08 pm

So I just thought I'd say that I beat American McGee's Alice Madness Returns and I have to say, it was disappointing gameplay wise. It was really easy and it had only one boss fight at the end. But, despite that, I still think the story is just amazing and is probably the best adaptation of Alice in Wonderland I've seen.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:35 am

There was only one boss? They should at least made two more or something. Sounds like it was really easy. The story might be great, but gameplay is a must as well.

It's good to know you liked it, but as a whole it won't sell very well. Games that don't have much replay value normally fall flat very early in its life.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:16 pm

^ well the first one has a huge cult following. i dont know if the second one has gained the same status. and i only watched the cutscenes with the first game so i dont know if there were boss battles or not.

and im still missing a ton of unlockable features but i never do those to begin with. or i start them but then i stop.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:22 pm

Oh you acted like there was only one boss, it was too easy, with not much to do after the game finished.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:45 pm

there was one boss and it was easy. it was easy if you're just doing a play through and not doing the side quest things. then again, its one of those games where the only side quest is finding all the memories or whatever...
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:47 pm

Sort of reminds me of Skyward Sword. The game is great, don't get me wrong. There just isn't much actual side-quests, which is prominent in almost every Zelda game.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:00 pm

yeah...

It was still pretty cool though. Now I just have to get another game to play cause I have absolutely nothing to do with the Xbox anymore XD

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:30 pm

I'd recommend trying RedDead Redemption, but I'm not sure if that is up your alley. The thing with Xbox is that there's a lot of violent games, but they don't really have many titles for every genre.

Oh! You might like Alan Wake.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:39 pm

yeah you've mentioned Alan Wake. I think I prefer that over Red Dead Redemption. Idk, I just tend to not have a very strong interest in Western things unless it's a parody/comedy of a western. I just cant get into them.

And Alice was pretty damn violent. I dont mind violence, story's always my main thing.

Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Don't knock it until you try it. But I don't know about Alan Wake either, it's kind of psychological horror and I know you said you're spooked easily. But I know it's right up your interest.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Alan Wake is totally right up my alley. The only issue is I get too emotionally invested in video games where it would probably scare the **** out of me. Like there's this one part in Alice where the Executioner chases you down hallways and one swipe and you're dead. I'm not going to lie, while that part was easy, I was terrified XD. But that part was easily the best part of the game :p so who knows, maybe I would get some sick enjoyment out of Alan Wake XD

The only thing with trying games nowadays is I have no way to 'rent' them anymore to test them out and see if I like them. My game renting store is gone. I know there's that thing that's like Netflix that you can do with video games but I'd have to look into more.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:55 pm

This game would probably give you nightmares then. There's times when you have to run into the darkness (which is bad) through wide places like the woods. The wind gets violent and hisses as the enemy nears.

It really has no form, it's like a demon which possess things. I'd show you a clip but all I can find are walkthroughs and it's not the same while hearing some person's voice throughout it.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:03 pm

i saw a clip once that you showed me. but i dont remember if i found it scary. plus, its different just watching the clip as opposed to playing it.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:04 pm

You'll be scared to go in the dark after playing it lol.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:07 pm

im already afraid of the dark so its okay :p

im kidding btw.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:32 am

They're planning on an Alan Wake 2, on account that it was kind of a cliff hanger ending. It was a brilliant game though and I recommend trying it sometime...

So how many games have I suggested to you now? :P
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:40 am

A lot.

omg it ended at a cliff hanger? i dont know if i can deal with cliff hangers right now :p
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:21 am

It did and didn't. It had enough closure, but left an open end for another game.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:43 pm

oh well then thats okay.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down