Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

3 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP? - Page 2 Empty Re: School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

Post  Lee Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:39 pm

Well if you have any of the equipment you can still do it. That's the problem with a lot of courses, things often don't work out due to the backwardness of the school.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP? - Page 2 Empty Re: School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:02 pm

^ i know, i told her i wanted to do a film but she wont let me. she said doing a film is the easy way out.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Oh well that's what most art classes are like. You have to do what your professor wants you to do. Cause after all he/she is the audience you're trying to please. There's been a few projects that I wasn't to wild about doing, but I normally found a way to make them fun.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:04 pm

^ yeah. i mean it kind of stinks because our peer facilitator who is an older student that has already taken the class told us that they usually let you pick what you want to do for the final project because it's a mix of the contemporary arts. so i wrote something that i would want to be a film. and now if it has to be on stage i have to actually be in it....and i wrote something that i wouldnt want to act out XD. but im not going to worry about that until i finish writing it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:32 pm

Well good luck with that!

What kind of art courses are you taking next semester?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:53 pm

Idea Development and Media Literacy. I think Media Literacy is going to be very similar to my Films Class. and I'm also taking Italian Cinema but it isnt an art course apparently.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:25 pm

Sounds more like an art history course though.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:11 pm

^ yeah i know. but it cant possibly be worse than actual Art History. it says under Media Literacy and Italian Cinema that there is screening involved.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:25 pm

lol it's still art history anyway you look at it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:35 pm

i know. im comparing it to a class my friend had to take called Art History. she said that class was horrible. it cant be worse than it. it just cant...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:02 pm

It just depends on what kind of professor you have. If you have one that talks like Ben Stein, then of course it's going to be tedious and boring, though if the professor's energetic that's a whole different story.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:18 pm

i dont know, i was told the actual topics they discussed were boring and i read parts of her textbook....it definitely wasnt my kind of thing. XD. then again, they did have to study and prepare for the AP exam as well which could explain some things....
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:36 pm

Moved because it was really off course and I deleted the first few posts...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:56 pm

you know, ironically, im taking a History course on film. and it is SO damn boring after taking all these production classes. it's just...torture. i can't imagine what it would be like if i wasn't taking the course with my favorite professor.

im hoping we get out of this hell hole of early cinema soon.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:20 pm

Just be glad you didn't have to do animation history. And now it wasn't about Walt Disney or any of that good stuff. It was all about this shitty abstract flashing animations.

Yeah if I wanted a seizure, I'd just watch that banned Pokemon episode.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:52 pm

yeah, we're finally getting into films with sound so im hoping the class gets better. i think what makes it boring is the fact it's so rushed and we don't have time to actually discuss the films really.

and what do you mean by abstract flashing animation? now im curious XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:05 pm

It's like weird animation, which if you saw the first few seconds you know what the entire piece is going to look like.

Like one of them is just two pictures looped for several minutes. Man with scissors opened and about to cut tongue off and one with the scissors still not opened, with the words destroy repeated over and over and over. Just cut your damn tongue off and let me go on with my life.

They're just asinine if you ask me.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:13 pm

oh so you mean like Dada stuff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFr4w-yZLyY&playnext=1&list=PLADA6ADA9F1CD187F (ignore the music @_@)
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:42 pm

They fail at life. I hate most of their art.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:43 pm

lol i agree with you on that one XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:08 pm

The only piece I remember is the urinal that one guy claimed to be art, the Fountain or whatever it's called. Too bad no one arrested him for art theft. That plumber who manufactured it should had gotten the award or whatever.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:17 pm

oh yeah, that guy. we learned about him too lol. i have it in my notes lol. luckily, we only spent a few minutes on him. and all my teacher really said was he's the reason we have so much terrible art nowadays XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:19 pm

That's not what my teachers/professors said.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:22 pm

oh....well....what did your teacher say? lol XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:24 pm

I can't remember. They explained it in more detail than saying "This here is ****...next slide!"
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum