Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

3 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP? - Page 3 Empty Re: School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:30 pm

lol XD. that sucks. my teacher pretty much just said "ok this is called Dada. this is the guy you need to know. he did this thing with a toilet and called it art and that's why we have such shitty art nowadays. and basically, when he made the artwork, he was saying 'f you guys, this is art!'" and then we had to move on XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP? - Page 3 Empty Re: School and Stuff, Why is this in the RP?

Post  Lee Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:31 pm

The company who made the urinal should've sued him.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:34 pm

yes, they should have.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:42 pm

Hey, I was wondering if you guys could give me feedback on this project I have to do. We had to create an advertisement for something that was intangible and no one would want to buy. I really just want to know if you guys think the ad is clear and effective. I also wanted to know if it seems like I'm 'mocking' the assignment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qeu5dqmJl5s

I'm not really concerned with the artwork. I did stick figures on purpose...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:43 pm

That sounds like a weird project, normally it's the other way around so that the student can utilize all their knowledge into it. What class is this exactly?

You might want to go online and search some bad advertisements. Some are even intentional like South Park's bike commercial, which is really old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVfzWpmyXXk

I know the idea is that it's supposed to be something that the audience won't want after seeing the promotional trailer, but it probably wouldn't hurt to add more detail with some of your stick figures.

Really though, I'm unsure what your goal is. I mean the project goal, like what do you have to have? Were there any guidelines?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:49 pm

it's for visual storytelling.

you're supposed to make an ad using only still images. it has to be for something that no one would normally want to buy and it has to be for something intangible. it doesn't necessarily have to be a 'bad' advertisement, it just has to sell something people normally wouldn't want.

honestly, that's the best i can tell you. this project has been a nightmare for everyone in the class. the professor's vague and no one wants to email him (including myself) because he's way too intimidating. he actually told someone in my class to set off a mini explosion and take a picture of it O_o.

which stick figures do you think need more detail? and in what way do you think they need to be more detailed?

i just want to make sure the project doesn't come off as though im mocking the assignment because i got really pissed when i found out a week ago i had to redo my project idea because it wasn't what he wanted after telling him my idea two weeks ago. plus, i think the assignment is stupid, and i didn't want to do anything humorous because i was afraid i would end up mocking the assignment (which, in a way, i am with the stupid stick figures). but i want to make it subtle enough where you can't tell im necessarily mocking the assignment because then he'll just blow up in my face in front of everyone.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Well, the stick figures and pictures of the apple don't flow very well together. Take it as you may, but it's two different things that don't compliment each other fluidly.

Say if you were to take pictures of the eaten apple and then pictures of your family, you, or someone who would pose for you, doing the things you did in your drawings. Like some person having a bunch of different kinds of food surrounding them, or two kids (or adults) playing with the big and small toy car.

You could also try sketching a few eaten apples, the way they are in the picture, so that you have a stick figure like apple design. I just can't really see the realistic apple working very well with the figures, they're kind of clashing together from being completely opposite from each other.

I don't know how picky your professor is from what you've explained, just that he's bit off his rocker. Though if he is particular with what he wants, he might call out on the clashing pictures.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:07 pm

do you think it would be okay if i added an effect to the apple pictures to make them look more handdrawn? like in photoshop or something? i was thinking about originally having my family doing the things in the pictures but i changed my mind because i wanted only the 'sin' to be in color and everything else to be in black and white. but i felt like the black and white in a photograph didn't have the same connotation as something drawn in black and white with one thing colored.

i don't know if what i just said made sense so feel free to ask me to keep explaining. my project is due tomorrow so i just want to find the quickest solution. even if that means bsing a reason as to why the images are clashing.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Usually when I'm unsure what is the best way to go with something (As in quality I like) I normally tend to do the few ideas that I think I would like.

I think you probably have enough time to have your family pose for a few pictures. You could try using the filter effects in PS to see if it works. You could also try drawing some quick apple sketches. It's up to you what you decide to do.

I really wouldn't cut corners (unless you have to) with projects. You never know when you might have that one grade that makes it or breaks it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:23 pm

i normally don't cut corners but i honestly feel like this teacher is going to rip apart my project no matter what i do. he did, however, say you'd get a better grade if you took risks rather than 'playing it safe'. he tends to respond better and not be as psycho if you gamble than if you play it safe. which is part of the reason why i chose to do the drawings with live-action.

im going to play with the effects on photoshop though. i honestly dont think im going to have time to get the pictures exactly the way i want them (especially since ive got to do another project with someone in my family tonight).

hmmmm....well...i know i can try doing the rose (cause i bought the rose from beauty and the beast XD) and i know i can do the A+ on the fridge.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:13 pm

just wanted to say thanks for your input. the project's over and done with. thanks again :)
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:36 pm

No problem! How did the presentation go, dare I ask?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:53 pm

i got mixed signals from the teacher. he actually didn't mind that my pictures clashed and he said it was well done technically. the only thing that was a problem was he said it was unclear as to whether or not i was saying the seven deadly sins were a good thing or a bad thing. out of curiosity, what did you think about the ad? was sin a good thing or a bad thing? im just curious.

anyway, but then when i was leaving class he said i did a good job on my project. so i don't know how i did XD.

but i did get 5 extra points on my grade because i helped people with Final Cut Pro for their projects so that's good. and he didn't do a total freak out like he did last week. i actually found out he was pretty nasty to everyone who emailed him over the weekend so it wasn't just me.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:23 pm

I didn't see this, but that's good news, especially about bonus points. What kind of harebrained project does he have the class doing now?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:46 pm

nothing yet. i dont think he's giving us an assignment for spring break. and if he is, i havent gotten it yet.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:54 pm

Oh that's right, you got your break soon. This week? You're lucky you know lol...my professors would always give projects during break, so that there really isn't any break anyway.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:04 pm

yeah, my break is this week but i have other projects over break. plus, i wouldnt be surprised if he sent an email out sometime this week with another assignment.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:23 pm

So are you doing anything interesting for your spring break? I'm just probably going to work on my senior project, so that I can keep ahead of schedule hopefully.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Well I saw Rango yesterday with my friend which was awesome. and then im getting ready for the con on friday for the school project. oh yeah and im harassing my group partner person for his materials that we can have before we go to the convention.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:13 pm

all i can say is...i am so glad i had this extra day to look over the footage and sleep. seriously, ive never slept in before and i just finished logging everything i filmed at the convention.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:18 pm

Didn't get this as a new message. Anyway good to hear that! So I'm guessing your interview went pretty well?

What all did you put into your project, or was it mostly based around the interview? Also, what kind of questions did you ask? Hopefully it goes well for you during your presentation!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:15 pm

yeah, the interview went great.

i asked a lot of questions.....like 12 or so. off the top of my head i asked what is anime, why do you think so many people like it, why do you think people are inspired by it and if so how are they inspired by it, can you talk about the Risembool Rangers and the forming of the Risembool Rangers, how many gifts, letters, etc. do you receive a day on average, why do you think people look up to voice actors, is there any fan letter/story that particularly stuck out to you, etc. the project isnt due yet. the interview is only part of the documentary. we still have to actually create it...so i cant really answer your other questions yet XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Oh...well at least the interview went according to plan! Glad to hear that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:37 pm

^yup. ill probably upload the entire interview when the project is done.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Nice, that'll be interesting to see. Good luck with the rest of it! Is this the same class where you had to make that project of dissuasion?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum