Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name That Quote (Non_Avatar Style)

+2
zfish9
Lee
6 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Name That Quote (Non_Avatar Style) - Page 35 Empty Re: Name That Quote (Non_Avatar Style)

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:19 pm

and here, i am on the opposite side of the fence where i desperately want to have another job so i can do more work rather than doing housework. How housewives are able to live a fulfilling life, i'll never know.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Name That Quote (Non_Avatar Style) - Page 35 Empty Re: Name That Quote (Non_Avatar Style)

Post  Lee Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:15 am

Well they can if they have a lot of spare time. Right now all my life consists of is construction work on the weekdays or farm work weekends.

I kind of feel trapped since I don't want to drop either job cause it was so hard to land any kind of job due to the economy. We get up all kinds of crazy hours for weekday work. It can range anywhere and last until whenever. Like I think I've told you all how we do 20+ hour work days. I don't know many people that can keep that schedule and keep bouncing up for more.

Like the other day I got up at 3AMish and we were supposed to knock off at 2PM so we could get our 9 or 8 hours in. Plus we also had to be up at at em at 12AM the next day. Instead we work until 4PM to get things done and then have to help someone else out, which we shouldn't had needed to do. I didn't get home until 9PM, so I didn't get to sleep until 10, that leaves like 2 hours of rest.

How fulfilling does that sound? It sounds more like I'm or they are slowly killing me lol.

Also quote is from Karate Kid I think?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:10 pm

it is hard to get a job this year. everywhere i go it's either they aren't hiring or they're hiring their kids and their employee's kids to work.

but yeah, that does sound like a lot of work. my friend has been in a bind like that for about a year now. where she works every day, sometimes from 7 am to 3 am. it's crazy. though im more irritated by her work because she babysits. so its like the parents aren't even there to take care of their own kids and its to the point where their kids call her Mom. it makes me wonder why those parents even had kids in the first place.

anyway, if you have two jobs that are asking for long hours, id suggest dropping one or just telling them that you have two jobs that are requiring a lot of hours and you need a break. or something. i mean, i dont think they want you to work to the point where your health is at risk. im sure they'd be willing to cooperate. or, at least, i hope they would. like i said, im having the exact opposite problem where i have to ask constantly if there is any work for me to do while i wait for the company to fix the computer i use that is full of viruses.

and yes! it was from the Karate Kid.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:09 pm

Anime Action

"Make Out Tactics!? *Incoherent Fangirling*
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:12 pm

Naruto?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:21 pm

Yes! Who else is such a fangirl with those books?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:47 pm

woot!

hmmm....

omg i have one. Old movie.

"An amazing deduction, how on earth did you arise to it?"
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:47 pm

Sherlock Holmes?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:58 pm

yeah...that quote has been engraved in my brain because it used to play on a loop at night when my dad would watch the sherlock holmes movies XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:59 pm

I should had guessed that faster, since it is you after all lol. You were on such a Holmes high, you might still be!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:05 pm

i love me some Sherlock Holmes. it was the only quote i could think of XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:08 pm

Cartoon Comedy

"Sir are you aware that you're leaking coolant at an alarming rate?"

"Uhh..."

"Let me just patch you up with some hot resin."

"I think the leak's stopping itself! Wait...wait...yeah! There we go. Wait...yeah."

"What sort of robot turns down a free blast of searing hot resin?"
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Futurama? there's a robot in that XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:34 pm

Yup! The one guy was just taking a leak. He was trapped in a robot planet, where humans are killed on sight. So he was disguised as a robot. He just had a pot on his head and some duct work on his shoulders.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/9300000/Doing-the-Robot-futurama-9351651-340-255.gif
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:38 pm

lol that sounds funny.

oh jeez, i cant believe im using this quote @_@

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:44 pm

What's it from?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:59 pm

oh....right...

its kind of from a book....
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:18 am

I can't believe it either. I only know it because of all sigs that say it on Deviantart.

Twilight.

Okay my turn.
Anime, Horror, comedy, adventure

"Chief. Chief. Hey chief, wake up! ...Just heard about Lenalee. She's getting married."
*Instantly wakes up* "HOW COULD YOU LENALEE! *Starts crying* How can you even consider getting married without telling your older brother! Am I even going to be part of the wedding party!?
"Sorry about this, but sometimes this is the only way we can wake him up. He sleeps pretty hard."
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:43 pm

What's that show? Soul Reaper? Soul Eater?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:57 am

Soul Eater, and no, it isn't. *Maybe I shouldn't do every random anime I find...*
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:26 pm

Is it Zoids? There's a girl named Lenalee in that show. Though I don't remember a particular scene like that...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:39 am

No. It was actually D. Gray Man.

I'll do one a lot easier. Not Anime related at all. (Yet LS will still get it immediately.)

Catroon, comedy (Some dark humor), cyberpunk.
"You can't make me look! I'll just shut my eyes."
"Oh you'll open them. You have to breathe sometime."
"No I-- wait, what do eyes have to do with breathing?"
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:54 pm

Invader Zim!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:08 pm

YES! Invader Zim FTW!
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:09 pm

Cartoon Comedy

"One day, a man has everything. Then the next day, he blows up a billion dollar space station. And then the next day, he has nothing. Makes you think, huh?

No, it doesn't."
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next