Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime

+2
zfish9
Lee
6 posters

Page 24 of 44 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34 ... 44  Next

Go down

Anime - Page 24 Empty Re: Anime

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:33 pm

oh so Luffy and them aren't looking for One Piece? the opening is so misleading then @_@.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:45 pm

What opening? The one 4kids did? Don't even base it off of that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:46 pm

yeah the 4kids one.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:48 pm

4kids didn't even know what the hell they were doing. You should watch the Funimation opening. The first opening explains the great pirate era and One Piece, but only to set the events in motion.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:51 pm

oh okay.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:06 pm

I probably like the show because of its quirkiness also.

Anime - Page 24 69920
Like this pic is when the crew is told the worst and most cheesey and fake sob story ever, in order for someone to dupe them in helping them.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:26 pm

lol.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:30 pm

oh yeah, im watching Howl's Moving Castle. which is a great anime movie. i love Miyazaki's movies.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:45 pm

Is that the one with the boy and girl who fly on an airship up to some dinky floating building? Or is that Castle In the Sky?

I'm actually watching some old One Piece episodes just since I have some free time.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:52 pm

yeah, the one you mentioned is Castle in the Sky.

Howl's Moving Castle is about a girl named Sophie who is turned into a 90 year old woman by a witch. She ends up encountering a powerful wizard named Howl and ends up becoming his cleaning lady. I'm completely butchering the plot but that's the gist of it. It's a great movie. I just finished reading the book it was based on so I wanted to watch the movie.

and now im watching a special feature where Miyazaki visits Pixar. I got to say, Pixar looks like a friggin cool place to work.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvVjkc_Lzbo
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57r9jjqzJJk
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:24 pm

ok, since we've brought up the dub vs. sub debate before, i just have to bring this up:

while i usually love the dub of any show, this one dub i actually cannot stand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hJuLBhnets&feature=related

ugh it's just so...TERRIBLE.

this is how it should be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37PpA7SOtE
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:38 pm

I thought the worst dub was that one Anime that Vic was embarrassed to be part of.

"Haha! I'm running over ghosts! 10 points on the baby!"
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:53 pm

^ no, that anime actually got a lot of praise because the dub was significantly better than the sub. the original story was so stupid to begin with so it was just one big parody in the english. the reason why Vic doesn't like it is because it's really inappropriate. like, i dont get a lot of the jokes thats how bad they are.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:05 pm

What was the name of it? I've been trying to find it online.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:27 pm

Ghost Stories.

here's the entire series legally: https://www.youtube.com/show?p=ql0CeATVIbU
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:03 pm

Oh nice, thanks. I watched it a while back, and like it, but I thought everyone else hated it.

Anyway thanks for telling me the name. Now when you have your interview, I'm going to sneak in all ninja like and ask Vic a bunch of questions on Ghost Stories...then you'll kill me afterwords.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:32 am

i was under the impression everyone liked it. but i wouldnt be surprised if there were haters. and you're welcome. actually, the conversation made me go looking for funny moments on youtube and then i happened to find the whole series XD.

if we had a lot of time to interview him, i wouldnt mind you asking ghost stories questions lol. actually, im rather curious as to why he bothered putting a fake name on the credits when anyone who knew his work would have figured it out anyway lol. he's one of those voice actors that doesnt change the way his voice sounds too much so its really easy to find him in an anime =p.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:02 am

Oh the Dub/Sub debate. I might as well jump in!

Most of the time, when given a choice, I will watch the dub rather than the sub. I want to watch the anime more than I want to spend the time reading subtitles.

However, I don't mind subs if there's no dub of it (Or it is an awful dub *coughhigurashicough*). If the anime is something I don't mind waiting for a dubbed version or episode to come out (Bleach, FMA Brotherhood) I don't bother with the subs. If it is an anime I can't wait for the dubbed version (D.Gray man, Soul Eater when it was only halfway dubbed) I'll switch to subs when the dub ends.

In other words, I don't care too much about the dub/sub thing, I prefer dubs, but that will not stop me from watching subs if the anime is good. The only time I think it makes a difference is if the person watching has dyslexia or is a slow reader, and they should watch the dub instead of pausing every few seconds to read the subbed. However, I must say that I like the fact that the subs, or at least the fansubs, do take the time to explain what certain things mean or they have a very condensed history of it to help you understand.

And now, for something completely different:
I started watching this anime one of my female friends recommended to me, Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka. She said "If you're not laughing by the first episode, don't bother watching the rest." I believe I was laughing almost the entire episode minus the WTF-inducing part 2 min in. Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka is about Aikawa Ayumu, a teenager who was killed by a mass murderer and was brought back as a zombie by a mute necromancer named Eucliwood Hellscythe. He's not a half-rotten zombie, He looks just like a normal person. the only difference between him and regular humans is that he is now much stronger than normal humans, and he dries out very quickly in sunlight. Later on in the first episode, Aikawa ends up accidentally stealing a mahou shoujo's (Magical girl) power, and ends up having to take over as a mahou shojo, including the required costume change, which he loathes.

...I honestly can't add more to that summery. Anything I add wouldn't make sense out of context, but trust me, this anime had me laughing the time. It is very perverted at times, but it is way funnier than it is perverted.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:30 am

that sounds interesting....
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:55 pm

I kinda brushed your post off at first Zfish, but now thinking about it, perverted zombies is really a creepy thought.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:13 pm

that is kind of creepy....
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:24 pm

I had the boxset of the fourth Naruto Shippuden series for a while. I watched a little bit of it and then never finished the remaining episodes, which was like three or so.

Anyway a few days back at night, I figured I would sit through it and see them all. It's the part where they finally find Sasuke, or how everyone likes to call him Sasgay...I actually like that name.

They catch up with him in one of the experiment lairs. He blatantly states, when they ask him to come home, about wanting power, hating everyone, wanting to be left alone, and even tries to deliberately kill them all.

Then Naruto and Sakura go, oh that means you want us to try harder? Playing hard to get? Either the creator is implementing something about his life in here or he just likes watching idiots bash their heads against a wall.

And this is only like the beginning season of this plot. Does this theme continue and drag on? It's time to let the emo retard go.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:12 pm

i dont remember to be honest. but, i will say i am now a fan of the name Sasgay.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 44 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34 ... 44  Next