Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies

+4
karin
HaruWolf
Lee
Loyal Subject
8 posters

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Movies - Page 11 Empty Re: Movies

Post  Uruviel Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Loyal Subject wrote:i saw Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief yesterday. it was a decent movie.

My younger cousins all wanted to go watch that! One of them was really disappointed, but that's because he's a hardcore fan of the books (like I am/was for twilight and eragon and narnia).....

I really want to watch this movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcdP8YAW-8A
and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzsQ-3krJ_w
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:47 pm

^ yeah my sister read the book and said the movie was terrible compared to it. i didnt want to really judge the movie based on the book though. i think though it would have been better if they stuck closer to the book because the movie was just decent...there was nothing really special about it. so money-making wise, they should have tried to pull in as many fans as possible and that isn't really going to happen now that all the fans say it was a terrible movie.

and clash of the titans looks sick. but i probably wont see it in theaters due to gore...and stuff. ._.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:22 am

I think I like gore, lol. If it's in awesome action films only though, where it's a natural consequence of war or whatever. I dont think I can watch those horror films where people get all cut up and stuff though...... but I know I can handle it otherwise, like watching Bones :P It used to come at 8:00 p.m. every tuesday here, and that was usually when my sister and I would eat our dinner cuz we would both come home later than usual on that day, so we'd wind up watching while eating. Sometimes it was a mistake, but not usually, lol!
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:51 pm

I watched it! I watched it, I watched it, I watched it, I WATCHED IT!!!!!!
^_^

Alice in Wonderland that is. I LOVED Johnny Depp as the Hatter, but I think I loved the Chesire Cat just a tad more :D
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:23 pm

I know, the Cheshire Cat is so awesome! He's easily my favorite character. But I also love the March Hare, Dormouse, Hatter, White Rabbit, Tweedles....pretty much everyone =p. The voice acting though was really good though.

I also loved the film. I was waiting to say my opinion because after it got a whole bunch of bad reviews, I was thinking maybe I was being biased when I saw the midnight showing. So when my sister insisted on seeing it, I went again. And I still really liked it. Honestly, I don't understand why people are calling this Burton's worst work. It's really not as bad as they make it sound. Granted, some characterizations are too subtle in my opinion but I like looking at the little details.

Like the fact that at the end (spoiler obviously) the boat Alice boards is called "Wonder". XD And how Charles is Alice's father: both literally and figuratively since Charles Dodgson did create Alice in Wonderland =p.

Yeah I was such a geek during this movie.

And the Tron Legacy and Toy Story 3 trailers were awesome.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:27 pm

Hmm... well, I promised myself I'd rewatch Disney's Alice again because I feel like the way I felt at the end of the Tim Burton one was the same as how I felt whenever I watched the cartoon one. It's been very many years since I watched it though (Alice has actually never been one of my favourite movies), so I want to make sure. It's a kind of fuzzy feeling between not liking it, yet feeling awed because it was quite cool. Maybe it's just the Alice story in general that I don't like. I should read the book for once. But anyway... I enjoyed the movie, and yet somehow didn't....... I'm not too sure. LOL! I hated how Hatter was unintelligible whenever he got carried away with his feelings -- what was he saying????????

But the cat was awesome!! When I was a kid, he scared the heck out of me, but now he's just creepily cool. His obsession with the Hatter's hat, lol --> "Goodbye my sweet.... hat!"

[ Don't go further if you don't want spoilers!! :) ]

Spoiler:

The Hatter's jig-thingy at the end was soooooooooo awesome too!!! <3
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:54 pm

He was supposed to be speaking in Outlandish which is apparently an ancient language in Wonderland. You think they'd would have had time to explain that in the movie. But they don't. It's only in the book =O. That's what I meant when characterizations are too subtle: they don't really explain things about Wonderland in the movie. Which takes away from it. And the ambiguous ending annoyed me.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:59 pm

Tron Legacy Trailer 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9szn1QQfas

this movie better be awesome. I want to see it really badly.

EDIT: here is the original Tron trailer to give anyone who hasnt seen the movie an idea of the first one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3efV2wqEjEY&NR=1
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:28 pm

Wow that looks really cool. Was there a cartoon and/or game of this too?? It seems vaguely familiar............. I wish I had a bike like the the ones in the trailers XD

On another note, I am so, so, SO excited for this movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBYnLgv4a2w

It's based on one of my favourite mangas. It's out this september apparently - I can't wait to get my hands on a subbed version of it. The cast looks great -- hopefully they can play their instruments and sing really well :D :D :D
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:34 pm

I'm still waiting when they do a live action Pac-Man...oh humanity...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:43 pm

BECK is another anime i have yet to watch....

as for Tron, there was a movie then a game (or maybe several) and now another movie. But you dont need to have played the game. the new movie is a sequel to the first movie.

Well...they're trying to make a Candyland movie and a Monopoly movie...Pac Man can't be too far off.... XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:45 pm

The time is ticking away for Toy Story 3 and The Last Airbender...I haven't been this excited to actually go see a movie in a long long time.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:50 pm

^ i dont know if you can but on AintitCool.com they have a link where some colleges are showing Toy Story 3 for free if you have an ID. However, it's a "cliffhanger" showing so you won't get to see the ending. My school isnt a part of it sadly so I cant watch it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:56 pm

wow that's cool -- i don;t think anyone has ever done anything like that anywhere here before.

Are they really making a monopoly movie???? uh.... Shocked

p.s. LS the beck anime is really really awesome, but it ends like halfway through the story, and unfortunately it doesn't look like there's going to be a 2nd season any time soon. The manga just recently ended, though -- ahh, such a great story. The best thing is that it's a fairly down-to-earth, realistic story, so you can really relate to the characters. If only they really existed. Their music would be epic XD
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Forget that! I'll just cough up the extra money and see the whole thing.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:05 pm

Imax costs like $20 now. im annoyed. i mean, im not going to see Toy Story 3 in imax but I was kind of planning on seeing Tron in Imax ....there goes that plan....oh yeah and Beauty and the Beast is coming out only in Imax I think! What gives? grrrrrrrrr.....

that was random...

and yes, they are trying to make a monopoly movie. they're still working on the script last i heard so who knows...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:08 pm

Don't Pass Go and Don't Collect $200 Go Directly to Jail?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:14 pm

LOL.

Um... beauty and the beast in imax??? Like.... disney's version..... or is there a remake that I'm not aware of?
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:26 pm

disney's version. they want it to coincide with the new DVD coming out or something....next year.

actually, i think they are making a sort of Beauty and the Beast remake but it looks terrible...i think its just called Beast or something...i dont know. it kind of disappeared so i dont know what happened to it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:29 pm

I don't know where to stick this...but it's pretty addicting...

http://us.akinator.com/#

It's a game where this computer program character asks you 20 questions about who you are thinking about. Real or fictional famous characters...it even got the Cabbage Man!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:38 pm

^ omg i had something similar happen to me. I had this little 20 questions globe thing and i didnt think it knew any fictional characters. so i picked Mickey Mouse and all of a sudden the globe reads "You're trying to trick me. I know what you're thinking, it's Mickey Mouse." i had a really stupid reaction after that....

im going to play with this little thing...it will never guess what im thinking =D

EDIT: after 20 questions, he didnt get it right. ha! i kept playing though until he got Beetlejuice.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat May 01, 2010 9:08 am

Has anyone watched America The Story of Us on the History Channel? I caught the last half on TV and then watched the first when I realized they had the full episode up on their website. It comes on every Sunday and starts from Jamestown and possibly will end in our Modern day, I don't know yet though.

The first episode began with Jamestown and went all the way to the end of the Revolutionary War, and the best part is it's like a play, but is also a documentary. There's none of that boring black and white photos that stay stuck on the screen for five minutes while some old fart explains something in the most dullest of tones.

Next part will be the War of 1812 I can bet! At least I hope it does, because that is when the United States Regulars make a name for themselves at Florida under the command of General Winfield S Scott.

The British thought they were going up against ragtag local milita because of the uniforms they had on. They were gray volunteer uniforms because they ran short of the actual uniform to supply to the men. However the British soon realized they made a mistake.

If they don't...well I might make a rant in the rant thread.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat May 01, 2010 4:31 pm

i havent seen it but ive heard of it. i think the newer history channels they've come up with are better. like i watched one on Jack the Ripper and another where they're looking for mythical creatures (the one i saw was on the werewolf).
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat May 01, 2010 4:42 pm

You should try to watch it tomorrow night. It's a really good series, it's like an up close reenactment.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat May 01, 2010 4:55 pm

what time does it come on tomorrow?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down