Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies

+4
karin
HaruWolf
Lee
Loyal Subject
8 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Movies - Page 12 Empty Re: Movies

Post  Lee Sat May 01, 2010 5:07 pm

9 to 10 PM or something like that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri May 21, 2010 9:30 pm

I need to find someone to drag this to. and i hope it's playing in my area. i will get a twitter account to tweet so this movie comes to my area! i demand it!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45212
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri May 21, 2010 9:49 pm

I can't get it to load correctly. What is it?

I know we don't have a section for games here, but no one here really plays games so I'll just make a quick reaction here. I recently played a game called Red Dead Redemption.

It's about the early 1900's still during the brutal wild west era. It's made by the creators of Grand Theft Auto, but it doesn't have the foul language that it has. Probably of course due to time periods and the such.

This game really captures how screwed up the west was. Your character is just a cowboy from the past trying to go by life, but winds up coming across old 'friends' who want him dead. Throughout the game you can travel all through it, it's like Zelda pretty much. There's no restrictions where you can go, and the scenery of the deserts and sunrise over the mountains is so dang realistic. It's like you could actually step into the game.

Back to the screwed up west. There's missions you do, the main ones, then there's side quests and then there's rare occurrences, which just happen at random times. If you run into them you can either act in some way or leave it as it is.

Often times I run into these rare occurrences where someone will be in the desert laying on the ground begging for help. When I dismounted from my horse and came to help him, he pulled out his revolver and put a bullet in my guys head.

Also there's towns which are surrounded by vast deserts/barren land. In the mountains and land you can come across Native Americans, some which are cannibalistic. Which is accurate because that was part of their rituals. There was a mission to go save a women and her child, but you later find out they were eaten alive. After that mission if you're out in the barren land away from civilization, the cannibals try to kill you so they can eat you.

It's a pretty accurate description as to how messed up the West was, especially since you never know who is actually good and bad.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri May 21, 2010 10:42 pm

the movie was Grease. but it was a sing along. which is something everyone does when they watch the movie and know the lyrics XD. so its like a huge sing along party. unfortunately, you have to essentially fight for which cities get the sing along for two weeks by "demanding it". which sucks.

anyway, i have heard of that game from commercials. it actually looked pretty cool. i was just worrying about the language and stuff because they do compare it to grand theft auto...so yeah....

you know what's a really odd ritual? in one tribe (i dont remember where...it was overseas im pretty sure) they had six year old boys make love to a virgin and then when it comes to the last boy the tribe knocks the house down on them. and then they eat both of them.

yeah i read that in a book for my readings in humanities class......
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri May 21, 2010 10:52 pm

Sounds like something they would had stuck in this game. I just bought it a few days back since it was close to the time period after the Civil War. Most of the technology is the same, except for the first model cars. You can't drive those in the games though, it's mostly horseback.

There's also hunting and you can lasso wild horses and tame them. Well you can lasso about anything you want in that game. So you better make sure you have good aim, otherwise you'll be lassoing a cactus horseback, which won't end well...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri May 21, 2010 11:10 pm

if they had that in the game, i wouldnt buy it XD. id probably freak out if i even bought the game and had to run away from cannibals. im terrible at those games...or any game for that matter...but the running away from things that are trying to kill you sometimes creeps me out.

it's a wii game, right? i cant imagine playing that game on another system...it sounds like too much fun on the wii.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat May 22, 2010 1:10 am

No it's just for PS3 and Xbox360. Although the controller would be fun if it was implemented into the game, not many companies want to deal with the controllers difference. It's much easier to work with the other consoles since they don't have to have special coding and all that other stuff so that it works with the Wii.

Although the Wii is a great system, it's just a little to far ahead of it's time. Not many companies want to deal with it and that's why the only decent games which utilize the controller functions correctly are Nintendo games. When will the technology be ready? Who knows, but I do know it takes the majority of people a damn long time to accept change of any kind, and that is why it suffers.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat May 22, 2010 4:29 pm

oh you cant play it on the wii...hmm...well that poses a problem for me. i dont have either of those systems. and i wont be getting either of them until a kh game comes out on either ps3 or xbox 360 XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat May 22, 2010 7:48 pm

That's more likely on PS3 and will probably happen.

You wouldn't like it though cause there's a lot of cut throat jerks in the game. One minute there's a toppled over buggy with some man saying "Help me!" on the ground, the next thing you know there's about 7 men with repeaters popping out of the bushes and blasting you full of holes.

It really puts who the West was into perspective as I was normally more rational how I approached people, but now I just blast whoever. Cause there's always that one damned bastard who puts a bullet in your head for no damn reason at all except for being a buttmunch.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat May 22, 2010 8:03 pm

^ yeah id probably go to the same level and just shoot whoever i saw.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu May 27, 2010 4:42 pm

Hey Lee, they made a short film based on the game you played:

this is just the trailer for it. the video is at the bottom of the page. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45264
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu May 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Well it is a really good story, the ending just falls flat. Damn things taking forever to load though...sounds interesting.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu May 27, 2010 6:59 pm

from my understanding of it, they took parts of the game and made it into a short film. i dont know if that means you'll just be watching cutscenes put together or if they dubbed over the game footage to make a more coherent story.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu May 27, 2010 7:00 pm

Either way it sounds interesting. I guess I'll tune in and see it. You should watch it to, it's a pretty good story.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu May 27, 2010 7:49 pm

ill wait for someone to put it on youtube. the commercial said it comes on at 12 am or something...yeah too late for me.

ok, sorry but i have to go before i get electrocuted XD.

EDIT: ill see if i can come on later hopefully. i dont know how long before the storm will pass. but yeah.....i can post in the morning too.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu May 27, 2010 7:54 pm

lol well that's cool. I won't be around during the mornings. In fact I got to be up around 3:30ish just to go to work. This job I'm working on now sucks to so...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu May 27, 2010 8:39 pm

actually the storm ended i believe so if you come back on we can start rping again.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu May 27, 2010 8:47 pm

The storm just rolled on in here heh, but I don't usually turn my computer off during them.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu May 27, 2010 8:55 pm

im usually on a laptop that's actually on my lap so if there's an electrical surge or something, id get injured XD. im on the main computer now so i shouldnt have a problem.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu May 27, 2010 8:56 pm

But laptops aren't connected to any electrical wiring, unless you have it plugged in. I don't think a wireless connection can create a electrical discharge, maybe just a loss of connection if something happens.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu May 27, 2010 9:00 pm

it's plugged in. my battery was terrible from the beginning. it doesnt hold the charge properly.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu May 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Oh I see, well just unplug that during storms if you need to use it for important matters. Not saying that RPing is an important matter...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu May 27, 2010 9:24 pm

i did have it unplugged for a little while. my battery doesnt last long but my computer has so many problems with it, it's not even worth fixing. im saving up for a new laptop instead, one that has significantly more memory (or is it space? i dont know) because i never had a lot ot begin with.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu May 27, 2010 9:43 pm

Ah I see...also regarding the actual thread the Summers coming! Pretty soon it will be June and soon enough it will be time for Avatar and Toy Story 3. It's kinda crazy. It seemed like so far ago of a wait when I first heard of both of these and just now it's soon to be. Just reminds me how damn busy I've been.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu May 27, 2010 9:44 pm

omg i know im so excited for Toy Story 3. did you see the new clip with Barbie and Ken and Buzz trying to fly? its funny XD.

im excited for Avatar but I dont know how I feel about the converting to 3D thing...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum