Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP Art

5 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

RP Art - Page 6 Empty Re: RP Art

Post  Lee Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:42 pm

From what I can see, it looks really great, but sadly so much detail is unnoticed since it's so small. Do you by chance have a larger image?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18535

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:51 pm

I can't seem to get good quality pictures of it :(.

RP Art - Page 6 40992_1371467766353_1221520546_30917056_337782_n

I think this ones better.Still low quality picture though sorry. I may try and do some covers for certain arcs ( may a split page of all the tag teams , the gang in fire nation uniforms, COAL and the gang and itachi and faye all three girls hands).

Earth Bender

Female Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Now I can see everything clearly! This is really nice. I like your outlook on how Lee and everyone else for that matter looks.

Is the color for Ai's hair supposed to be what it would be like if it was fully colored in or is that like some kind of material in her hair? I like how you drew her, so young looking compared to the other cast. I did the same heh...

It's also a nice touch as how to Ryuzaki's back is to the viewer. It's interesting as to how you drew Karin, I still haven't fleshed out a design for her, but this is very nice!

I really like how you drew Lee's hat, sometimes my design of it changes from time to time...

I even made an actual hat of his on my free time.

http://freedombrigade.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1wlhqa

Not sure if you ever saw that or not. Used it one Halloween.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Now I can see everything clearly! This is really nice. I like your outlook on how Lee and everyone else for that matter looks.
aw thank-you

Is the color for Ai's hair supposed to be what it would be like if it was fully colored in or is that like some kind of material in her hair? I like how you drew her, so young looking compared to the other cast. I did the same heh...

Well I started to colour her in , and then froze becuase I sometimes don't like my picturess when coloured ( the one as my avatar was better in black adn white for example).

It's also a nice touch as how to Ryuzaki's back is to the viewer. It's interesting as to how you drew Karin, I still haven't fleshed out a design for her, but this is very nice!

I did Ryuzaki with his back turned since no one really knows his motives , i find karin hard to draw as she is quite plain looking. but thats the basic look to her.

I really like how you drew Lee's hat, sometimes my design of it changes from time to time...
I even made an actual hat of his on my free time.

http://freedombrigade.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1wlhqa

Not sure if you ever saw that or not. Used it one Halloween.
That hat is really cool , for a while i pictured him in a cow-boy hat , ( during the time rosso was alive) but when you drew him a few time i saw it looked different. I found his hat troublesome to draw but it wouldnt have been lee without it :P.

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Oh yeah, you're not the only one who has problems with his hat. At different angles it lays and folds differently so it's always a matter of trial and error. I learned what to do though since I drew him so many times.

As for coloring, you could always save a digital copy and print it out. That way you're not coloring the original if something goes wrong.

i find karin hard to draw as she is quite plain looking
Well without his hat, Lee is pretty plain as well...well he has pretty bushy eyebrows. I really like everyone's designs though, they're really cool.

So Lee's fist clenched because of Ryuzaki's presence? Or is it there just for the character? I also never pictured Roister like that, but it's really nice!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:23 pm

ooops...i forget the thumb Tongue Whoops Bashful Finger .

he was meant to be giving a thumbs up. I can never get a proper image of roister for some reason i picture him as a merge of king bumi and bit cloud...and thats how it came out. I really liked how kozue came out as I've always pictured her as the pretiest character ( and very inocent ).

The original reason i had karin plain looking was so she could blend on feild-work. lol at that now XD.

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:31 pm

Oh a thumbs up I see! Well it works just as well with a fist! It looks like he has a clenched fist.

Roister looks really cool to! He has some serious bushy hair. I like all the designs. So Karin could blend into field work? Like for undercover COAL jobs?

I see what you mean with Kozue, but I consider them all to have their own beauty/charms to them. Like Karin has more of a down to earth but nice look to her.

I've been drawing a lot today as well, but I haven't been doing Avatar fanart, I might do that tomorrow or later tonight. I've been drawing from a series/adventure that I made up a while back.

I finally did some more art for it and I think I might upload it, so you all can see it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:39 pm

Well the way i see it is Kozue is the most " typical beauty" Ai is a young beauty and i normally see karin as almost a canvas , I think she would look nice if dolled up but is pretty much like you said.

Now I think of roister as the person who would grow into a brooding bad-boy, and lee is more of a cuddly masculine guy ( like luffy from one piece XD).

and I think that makes the cast work out really well ( beauty , fire-flower, japanese , bad-boy, and farmer-hunter guy.

edit: more like having her just not stand out. Allot of the other COALs have a feature or quirk that made them stand-out. The idea was to make her really plain and socially awkward but I really screwed that up when COAL showed up Whoops

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:45 pm

That's what Susano exactly said in the Who's your favorite character thread. He said he gave him a lot to work with and everyone was pretty much a dynamic group. No one was the same everyone was different, but not on the length of being like "Hulk hanging out with the gaang."

Now that you mention it, I can see Lee and Luffy getting along pretty well. Just because they're two goofy knuckleheads. And Karin would probably get along well with Robin...oh and Ai would get along with Usopp
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:35 pm

Aye XD that is so true XD. If you and luffy were a straw-hat I have to say poor Sanji XD. Karin and Nico-robin would be proberly be best freinds .

XD aye would proberly get on with Ussop and for some reason I can her knowing ace? though I can also see Kozue loving Chopper XD.

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:38 pm

I've started to get back into One Piece, although I'm not too far into it. I just got to the part where they went up to the clouds through the big geyser.

Well like I told you all, I was going to upload a few drawings from a adventure I created.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/234/7/f/Hazardous_Conditions_by_FreedomBrigade.jpg

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/234/c/a/Holding_Them_Off_by_FreedomBrigade.jpg

These took me some time to finish, but I'm pleased as to how they turned out.

Quick Rundown

Anyways this is when the group of adventurers enter the abandoned mine/cavern.

They needed to cross the other side of the mountain, but scaling it would take days which they didn't have.

A letter they are meant to deliver, which has crucial information has to reach a certain village quickly. They don't know what's inside the letter, but little do they know it's just the beginning of their adventure.

Anyway scaling the mountain is out of the question, though luck is on their side. Peter, a scout guides them through the landscape as he knows it well. They were all hired for the same job.

He heard of a old long forgotten mineshaft entrance somewhere within the forest. Finally they found it after much searching.

However they don't know why the mine was abandoned. Peter's journals only said it was due to "Hazardous Conditions"

It has been abandoned for over a hundred years for that very reason...

Much to his demise, they find out after a gruesome fight with a large wolf spider.

That's not the worst of their concerns though, the entire cave is a flesh ant eating hive, and these tiny insects can chew the skin off in seconds.

For the record there's no blood or open wounds, everything that's black are the ants.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:17 am

So how's your other drawings coming Karin? I remember you said you were doing some other RP art or art after you drew the casts profile portraits.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:22 am

Wow there reallt good Funny Love Struck .
I Like how you get movment in your pictures I can do many positions without mucking things up.
Spoiler:

Your pictures have a good consistancey. That girl is a demon hunter who is a fire-mage and sword-master.

EDIT: well today I'm going to try and do a picture of rosso and lee doing that fire-fan combo. Problem is I got to be in the right mood (I'm writing and reading allot at the moment).

But by the end of the week ( or mid-week) I should have a decent attempt up.

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:29 am

Thanks, there's a little quote box as to what the story is about. Well at that point. Basically they're in an abandoned mine. The only thing they know is that it was shut down due to dangerous/hazardous conditions.

They shrug it off, thinking it only to be cave ins and stuff like that. However when they venture in too far they realize the reason is that the miners were digging into an ant flesh eating hive/cavern.

Peter the scout dies. So there's five team members left. Bretes is throwing a rock, Dirk is the archer, the other three I haven't done yet.

I already drew another picture of them, I'll be uploading it later. I liked how it turned out and thanks for the comments they're really appreciated.

It took some time to have Bretes look like he was throwing and running at the same time. I kept having to redo it.

Your demon girl is really well done! I don't know what you mean by you don't like the coloring. It really looks great to me! The different angles you drew/colored her in are really great!

Is she your own creation or is she from a show? I really like the way she looks. Who is she exactly? Is she supposed to be a friend or foe in the series you made/did fan art of.

Also the idea of Rosso and Lee fire combo sounds really nice!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:43 am

Yeah you capture the movements really well , I like the hive thing ( I was fan of star-troopers , the one with the bug aliens and commandos). Are there only carnivrous ants or are loads of types of bugs?

Did i say demon? sorry my bad I meant demon slayer. I made her up , along with her borther and a few others. Her name is Valintina , she sort of is a neutral protagonist ( main) . The main character is Scott Kennels a werewolf.

RP Art - Page 6 31333_1309088806918_1221520546_30752394_1697307_n

There the main guys ( for the most part ).

RP Art - Page 6 29202_1275415285101_1221520546_30670309_3896314_n
Thats a "draft" of the main cast . It needs some work , but I did some dencent ones of them individually.

RP Art - Page 6 31333_1306642905772_1221520546_30746937_182930_n
RP Art - Page 6 31333_1306641985749_1221520546_30746919_7683565_n

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:48 am

RP Art - Page 6 40693_1353671561459_1221520546_30873043_4132935_n

And these are the main villians.

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:05 am

Oh wow those are really nice! I like the guy in the middle, he reminds me of Ethan Waber!

http://www.kawapaper.com/d/9524-3/Kawapaper_PSOU_0000001_1280x.jpg

Just thought I'd throw that out there heh...

The enemies look very nice, the green haired man looks to be a pirate of some sort. The trio of the up close antagonist is really nicely done!

They all have such nice detail and variety to them. The blue haired girl in the good guy montage, her style or the way she poses reminds me of Nico Robin. Was that what you were aiming for? Is there a certain plot for the adventure you've created yet?

As for mine, yes all the bugs are tiny flesh eaters. Well there's also giant wolf spiders, equivalent to the size of a Canyon Crawler from Avatar. They killed one of the many in the 3/4 way point of the mine.

When it died it let out a warrior cry which awoken it's pissed off comrades. Although as you can see they are quite mindless as they pour out everywhere and just plummet through the air.

I plan on drawing their escape today.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:40 am

I'm really liking the blue haired girls design, I just noticed her can't believe I didn't spot it! Her clothes style reminds me of a pirate, or at least from that era of time.

How big exactly is that paper you're using? From the shots it looks really large compared to the sheets or whatever is underneath of it. I'm just using drawing paper from letter head sized paper (printer paper)

It is really a shame that the villains shot didn't come out with more light. They have a lot of detail in them which is really awesome. The green haired guy definitely stands out the most.

Did you use color pencils on them? It looks to be of that grain texture. I really like the look that they give off, and it really comes off well here.

I have to say the middle guy in the trio, still reminds me of Ethan Waber, he's from Phantasy Star Universe, it's a cool game. I think it's his jacket/hoody.

You have a lot of different characters in all the pictures. The two guys in the good guy montage, on the far left remind me of villains instead of good guys. I don't know what it is, but I guess it's cause they look more intimidating then the rest.

In fact so does the women near them, but I guess that's because she's in such revealing/skimpy clothing.

Are they martial artist fighters of some kind? Also is the pink haired lady with glasses from the same adventure you made? What side is she on or does she not have one?

All in all these are some really awesome drawings!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:26 pm

i am extremely confused right now.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17175

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:28 pm

What?...

Anyway I made some more artwork, it took some time to do these, but I'm really pleased as to how they turned out.

RP Art - Page 6 Group_Shot_by_FreedomBrigade

RP Art - Page 6 A_Daring_Escape_by_FreedomBrigade
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:32 pm

im talking about with Karin coming back...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:35 pm

I know that...but it's really not that confusing. Maybe a bit surprising, but not hard to grasp.

Anyways did you happen to catch the comic I made earlier this weekend just for you?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:44 pm

the one with the girl who i asked if it was Ai? yeah, i think so...i thought i commented on it...or maybe i was going to and i didnt have time. but yes, i saw it =)

its surprising but usually we get a whole thread when the person comes back. and i was looking for one but i didnt see it. and then i was trying to figure out what happened first...which didnt work out.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:50 pm

okay i have skimmed through everything and all i can say is...

damn..i need to start drawing more =O.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:58 pm

lol

Yeah I've been submitting a lot of my works to DA, the ones I've shown here. Just to hope to get some critiques and feedback at first, but who was I fooling.

I know a lot of people show their work to their relatives, but usually they go too easy on them so they don't like showing it to them. Hell I wouldn't mind that, everyone I know hardly gives me the time and day for my artwork or really anything in general.

It's kinda a pain in the ass, when you don't know what to work on or what's good or if it's just garbage.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum