Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literature!!!

+3
zfish9
Loyal Subject
Uruviel
7 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Literature!!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Literature!!!

Post  Lee Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:03 pm

Sounds like a psychedelic kind of story then.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18534

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:04 pm

yeah...well he was supposedly addicted to opium at one time so this doesn't surprise me...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17173

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:08 pm

Sounds like that's where all the crazy and out of there entertainment media comes from. Especially Adult Swim, honestly you have to be on drugs to find those shows even amusing, if they aren't anime or a well known cartoon from another channel.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:17 pm

^ except Lewis Carroll was high but was still able to place some underlying meanings into his work at the same time. i feel like the shows on Adult Swim are just utter crap. it's one thing if it's weird and psychedelic but has meaning to it. it's another if it's just weird.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:51 am

Yeah I hate Adult Swim around midnight and sometimes a little before it. They have such garbage on that it's not even worth looking at. I really don't care for either Aqua Team Hunger Force or Squidbillies, they both need to go down the tube. Stick some real shows on like Family Guy or American Dad, where the jokes are actually funny.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:12 am

^ yeah when i used to watch Adult Swim, i just watched something else until the shows i wanted came on because i couldnt stand some of them. they're so stupid.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:48 pm

There's some shows where I will watch because they're really the only thing on, but not my favorite or close to liking it, but I can't even get into any of the crap they serve on Adult Swim. It's funny they mock shows like American Dad, Family Guy, Futurama, and all sorts of anime shows because they never get enough viewers.

If they would keep them on a damn fixed schedule and not change it every other week it would get more viewers, but they don't and think no one actually likes the shows, so they cancel them and then make fun of them. Newsflash your Adult Swim only shows suck horribly, they can't even compete against the other shows.

Oh well Robot Chicken is probably the only decent one in the lot. They have a lot of funny parodies.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:23 pm

^ well actually, there's also a lot of idiots that like the Adult Swim shows. i went over on their forum at one point because they were announcing a new anime on the forum only and you won't believe how many people there enjoy watching the pointless shows.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Oh I know there's a lot of people who like those shows. If they do that's fine, just don't cancel shows because you think no one likes them when it's actually you just rescheduling the time they always go on.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:01 pm

yeah i know. but at least it's not like a series that doesnt have an ending like what they did with Invader Zim.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Invader Zim was good, I always liked the "Organ Harvest" or whatever it's called episode.

Kid: "Oh I don't feel so good..."

*Hall pass is stuck in stomach...clunk!*
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:22 pm

^ the ending was supposed to be so epic but stupid nick didnt let them complete the series even though they had a contract @_@
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:28 pm

Loyal Subject wrote:^ the ending was supposed to be so epic but stupid nick didnt let them complete the series even though they had a contract @_@

Just like how they gave Avatar the short stick when they wanted to show what really happened to Zuko's mom, I think animators and the businesses they are under now know Nick's ways.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:38 pm

honestly though, mike and bryan should have guessed from Nick's already negative attitude about Avatar that they weren't going to get the special they wanted. i mean, one of them (i think it was bryan) even worked on Invader Zim so he should have known from experience that Nick probably wasn't going to let them have a special. or at least, they would have to wait a super long time to get the ok on it. at least the creator of Invader Zim learned this lesson right away, he said he will never work for Nick again because they broke the contract.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:41 pm

The creators were going to kill off Zim on their latest episode just to spit on Nicks face and yes Bryan did work on Invader Zim, I did some research on him a while back for a school project.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:50 pm

i didnt hear about them going to kill Zim off but I did hear what the finale was supposed to be like and it sounded so awesome.

ok so literature....umm i didnt read from my book today...so...im going to have to start re-reading the summer reading i had for another class so i remember it. The Last Lecture...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Haven't had any new books that I picked up, I want to get a hold of one Civil War book, but it costs way too much money and is out of print. I wish it would go down in price or the author would decide to print a few hundred more...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:24 pm

^ yeah i know what you mean. i looked up a whole bunch of books on Lewis Carroll and the conspiracy between him and Alice Liddell but most of them are out of print >.<
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:28 pm

Conspiracy against an author and his works?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:37 pm

Conspiracy between an author and an actual girl named Alice Liddell. there is speculation that Lewis Carroll was a pedophile and in love with a little girl named Alice Liddell.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:29 pm

Never knew about that. Then again I'm not a huge Alice In Wonderland fan. I wouldn't say he's a pedophile I did some research. People just like to spread rumors, as far as we know he could of seen her as his non-bloodline daughter.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:02 pm

^ im not one to judge (since the time period was very different back then) im just saying what historic have debated over. but it is true that at one point Lewis Carroll broke off ties with the Liddell family for reasons unknown. the pages in his diary that date from the time when the break off started are torn out. that's what pretty much started it. and the fact that he was a fan of child photography and had a collection of children in the nude. but at the same time i can easily say that's art...but you know, it's one of those things that will never be solved. either way, i still think he's a great writer.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:19 pm

Oh I didn't know about his nude child photography, that changes things a bit. Well it wasn't like he was molesting any children so he's not a pedophile. Don't you have to be a raper or something to be labeled a pedophile?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanghai Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:21 pm

Not really...
Shanghai
Shanghai
Water Bender

Male Number of posts : 253

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:23 pm

Lee wrote:Oh I didn't know about his nude child photography, that changes things a bit. Well it wasn't like he was molesting any children so he's not a pedophile. Don't you have to be a raper or something to be labeled a pedophile?

people don't know if he really was molesting them or not. there are instances in which the children were alone with him (i read that in some of the letters he sent). but some people argue that nude child photography was popular during that time. so like i said, since the time period is so different, there's really no way to tell.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum