Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detective RP: The Midnight Express

2 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Detective RP: The Midnight Express - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective RP: The Midnight Express

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:54 am

"Have fun," Frank called as Philip left.

Philip now had a few options: he could either head towards the Midnight Express which would be open well into the night or he could take Frank's advice and see this mysterious woman first. The drugstore wouldn't be opened until the next day.

The Midnight Express

The Midnight Express was now fully alive: its sign lit up the entire street, stealing attention from anything else in the area. A few men stood in front, talking amongst one another, enjoying the time outside. Since it was an exclusive club, a guard wearing a white tuxedo stood in front, watching those who entered and making sure they had clearance.

Baker Street

Baker Street: a rather comfortable looking street though nothing compared to the street described in the famous Sherlock Holmes novels and films. And, there certainly was no such residence with the number 221B. But still, it was a fairly well-to-do street. At number 14,the address on the piece of paper Frank had given Philip, the lights were clearly on and a shadow of a person moved across the closed curtain.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Detective RP: The Midnight Express - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective RP: The Midnight Express

Post  Lee Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:55 pm

OOC: I'm assuming that this Baker Street thing is where Kitten is supposed to be? Anyway since she's not here, or shown anymore interest in this RP, I'm going to just do the club for now.

Casually through the night, Philip strolled, keeping both of his hands in his pockets. His sight faced the concrete sidewalks, as he recollected everything that had happened for this particular case.

Though it wasn't very eventful nor did he really get any solid evidence. He was just going on some wild goose chase every which way. Of course he could head to BakerStreet where this important person of Frank's, the Salvador boss is, but who knows? This could just be another wild chase. This person might not even exist for all he knew.

But the Club was the one thing that his Superior Powell suggested, so it was worth a shot. As he got closer, the club's lights shone brightly through the darkened streets, it was almost a little too blinding.

At the front entrance stood a guard of some kind, but Philip really paid him no mind. He just continued to stroll towards the door, almost passing the man, as he placed his hand on the door.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:03 pm

"Where do you think you're going?" the guard asked as Philip walked passed him.

OOC: im moving this forward.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:37 am

OOC: Plans changed a bit...but I can start these up again at least until things cool down. Sorry!

Also because that one member of ours is gone, we can disregard her backstory and whatever you were planning to do with her. Below is IC

Stopping by the side of the guard, Philips stood where he was and simply turned his head to the man. He didn't act intimidated or cower into himself in the slightest. He maintained his composure and stared at the guard expressionlessly.

Simply bringing his hand over to his jacket, he pulled out a wallet out from inside. Flipping it open, he brought it up to the guard's sight. "Detective Philips," He said in a stern tone. "Just doing a little investigation. Wouldn't want to lose your job or have some bad reviews fall onto this joint, now would we?"
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:55 pm

The guard didn't say anything but merely stepped to the side to let him pass.

Inside the Midnight Express were an array of tables with only the highest in social standing enjoying the exclusives of the club. Smoke filled the air from many of the guests' cigarettes or cigars. At the far end of the room was a large stage where a jazz band was currently playing.

Johnny's girl, Trixie Lock, was currently backstage, getting ready to perform the next act.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:07 pm

Philips casually walked through the bustling dance club, with loud music playing and people partying. There were those who remained seated and enjoyed a cool beverage and some snacks after the long and busy day.

After taking in the entire atmosphere, he knew there was nothing of importance for him here. Of course a quick bite or something cold to drink came to mind, but he was still on duty. He would worry about his dry throat and empty stomach later.

Knowing about the girl, he nonchalantly headed into the hallway, leading to the backrooms. After searching for some time, he found the girl's name on one of the doors. Trixie Lock, it read on a small rectangular plaque.

Calmly he knocked on the door, just in case Lock was indecent and to be polite. "Mrs. Lock." He called out, from near the door. "This is Detective Philips, I would like to have a word with you about your relationship with Johnny Cuzzi."
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:05 pm

As Philip came down the halls of the backstage area, some stared at him wondering what exactly he was doing there. Others didn't seem to care and continued to prepare for the next performance.

"Come in," came a voice from the other side of the door.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:17 pm

Gently he grabbed the knob of the door, before twisting and pushing it open slowly. He then stepped in, before closing the door, so that this proved to be a private matter.

After he was down, he slowly turned around, reaching for his notepad at the same time, in case there was anything worthy mentioned. "So I understand that you're seeing Cuzzi." He said, before looking up at Trixie Lock.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:32 pm

"Well, it's about time someone started asking me questions. You'll have to excuse me, but I've got to get on stage soon, " Trixie said as soon as Philip entered the room. She was sitting in a chair, staring at the mirror wearing a short red dress.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," Trixie replied. "Until he went missing of course."
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:40 pm

Philip's rose a brow, as the dame went on. She seemed quite calm given the circumstances, but blurting out such facts would clearly get them on the edge. An edge that he was not willing to allow her to catch just yet.

"I'm sure your little show can wait for a few questions." Philips said, readying his pencil and placing the tip on a fresh page. "You should be more worried about the whereabouts of your lovebird."

Taking a quick gander at the time, he then looked directly back at Lock. "Anything you can give us is information that can help find Cuzzi away from harm's reach. Do you remember when he disappeared, where, what his job was, if he had any people with grudges, anything?"
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:18 pm

"The show must go on as they say."

Trixie said as was finishing putting on her makeup.

"And of course I'm worried. But I can't sit here worrying. There's a Depression out there still and someone like me isn't going to find a job just anywhere."

Agitated, Trixie started to fix her hair before looking at Philip.

"He came by here couple of days ago like he always does. I haven't seen him since."

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:53 pm

"And what did he do that day you two met up?" Philip asked, as her answer really led nowhere. "Did he say anything unusual? Act in anyway differently." He added sternly. "Lock, you're going to have to give me more to go by if you hope to see your Cuzzi again."
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:30 pm

"Believe me, if I had anything to tell you I would. But he just came as he always does."

Trixie then stopped for a moment.

"We were supposed to go away together. Got the train ticket and everything. He dropped it off before he went missing."

Trixie then resumed finishing up.

"But there's no point in that now since he's gone." Her eyes were beginning to look as though they were about to tear.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:47 pm

"This train ticket, do you still have it?" Philips asked, pressing for another answer or lead. It was just a train ticket, but maybe one of the conductors noticed something about Cuzzi over there.

"And if you don't have the ticket anymore, what time and where did he make the purchase?"
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:52 pm

Trixie opened a small drawer from her dresser, revealing a ticket.

"Here. We were going to leave tomorrow night."

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:09 pm

OOC: okay, here's the information on the ticket.

Grand Central Train Station
Date Purchased: October 17th 1933
Date of travel: October 22nd 1933
Destination: Miami

I don't know if there's actually a train that goes down to Miami but there were buses and those buses can get you one way at night in an evening. it's in the movie 'It Happened One Night' :D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:29 pm

Philip pocketed the the train ticket, on account that this was now evidence. If Trixie was guilty in any way as well, she couldn't be ditching this life with a train ticket in his possession.

The ticket read that it was from the Grand Central Train Station. Now he wasn't keen with the hours of operation, but he figured it was best to investigate it in the morning.

For now he had to wait for the Salvador's to finish their end of the bargain. He nodded to Trixie and bid her farewell, explaining that everything would be well with the investigation.

He then strolled through the city streets at night, provided only by sparse light from the weakly flickering streetlights. Eventually he came upon the street, where a pharmacy was.

Last edited by Lee on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:14 pm

The drugstore's been planned from the beginning :p

The drugstore was a typical one with its classic soda bar on the far right where a soda jerk stood waiting for customers to purchase a drink. A couple of stools were next to the bar for anyone who wanted to sit. There were a couple of older teenagers currently sitting at the bar.

The rest of drugstore was filled with whatever one might find at a typical establishment such as this one.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:19 pm

Casually entering the store, Philip headed right away to the soda stand. Not only was his throat parched, but this soda jerk was the only employee in the store. Of course there were probably more employees or a manager in the back, but even he wasn't above the law.

As he made it to the stands, he leaned onto the counter. "I'll have a soda." He said with a serious tone. "And while you're at it, I'd like to see your manager." He added, before showing his badge.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:24 pm

The soda jerk was young, probably only in his early twenties.

"Sure thing mister. Just a regular soda?" he asked. He then turned his head towards the back of the store where a storage room was located. "Hey Mister Ficelli, the police are here."

There was movement heard in the backroom.

"I'll be out in a minute," a voice called.

Meanwhile, the two young teenagers looked at one another warily as if they desperately wished to make an escape but didn't know how to do it subtly enough.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:51 pm

Philip nodded at the soda jerk's question, "Yes, I'll just have a regular." He responded, before waiting on his drink and the manager to arrive.

During his wait, he also noticed the uncomfortableness of the teenager's behind him. He wouldn't be much of a detective if he didn't pick up on such hints and clues, especially body language which people often forget to hid. They can hide the evidence, but it's harder to hide the truth when their bodies often betray them.

For now he kept them in sight, but patiently awaited the manager's arrival...or his soda, whichever came first.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:07 pm

The soda jerk immediately began to conjure up a soda. Even though it was something simple, the boy was still frantic due to the fact he was making this for a cop.

Meanwhile, Guido, the manager and owner of the store, came from the back of the shop. He was a big man but seemed amiable enough.

"What can i do for you officer?" he asked.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:22 pm

With a nod, Philip thanked the soda-jerk kindly for his drink, before sampling a small portion of its contents.

Once the manager came into the store, Philip resumed his serious attitude, even if it was shortly lowered with the pleasant and sugary taste of his soda.

"Detective Philip." He said, addressing the manager. "I think you may be able to help with a case." He explained on account that this was the only drugstore nearby and around Cuzzi families territory.

"I'm on an investigation about a missing Cuzzi, Johnny to be exact. Did he happen to come here recently? Would you happen to know anything?"
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:49 pm

"Yeah, he was here," the owner answered. "During Billy Boy's shift."

The owner then motioned towards the soda jerk.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:58 pm

Philip took the manager's word to mean that he didn't see anything, so he nodded, before looking at the sodajerk again.

"Billy is it?" He said, before getting to business. "This is an important investigation, could you tell me everything that happened when Johnny Cuzzi came. The smallest details can always help."
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum