Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detective RP: The Midnight Express

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Detective RP: The Midnight Express Empty Detective RP: The Midnight Express

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:35 pm

Lower Manhattan, New York City 1933

Police Station

Despite the atrocious crimes committed years previous, the police station is a fairly small building. Desks are crammed together in the biggest area of the station for the detectives to work if they are even lucky to have a desk. The Chief's office is close by with the archive's room directly next door. Down the hall are the interrogation rooms.

While Prohibition is now coming to an end, corruption still lingers among the force but where it is one can't be certain.

It is late in the afternoon but the police station still possess a few that are either forced to do paperwork or are preparing or waiting for their next endeavor.

Charles Powell, one of the leading detectives, is sitting at his desk, brooding over files for his case. Beside him are a pack of even more case files he needs to look into. His hat and coat are on a nearby coat rack as he doesn't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.

Bobby Rathbone, a lieutenant, sits at his desk twiddling his thumbs as a single file lays on his desk. But he doesn't plan on getting to that anytime soon.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Detective RP: The Midnight Express Empty Re: Detective RP: The Midnight Express

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:32 pm

It was just another lazy afternoon, much like the other days. There hadn't been any interesting cases ever since Philip had left his partner's side, or more like his mentors. After his leave of absence, all the cases and just about all work hadn't been as serious or exciting.

He didn't take his job anymore lightly due to the current lacking environment, a trait that he reluctantly picked up from his old mentor. Though he wouldn't mind for things to be a little more lively.

With what small paper work he had to do today, stopping some local petty thieves and other small miscellaneous crimes, he sat alone in the debriefing room at some random table.

Just waiting...and hoping for anything, to prove himself.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:42 pm

Powell takes a moment to look around and sees that Bobby is doing absolutely nothing.

Powell: What are you doin' just sitting around?

Bobby: Who me?

Powell: No, the other idiot twiddling his thumbs. Yes, you!

Bobby rubs his hand under his chin towards Powell. And that's all that needs to be done to send anyone away. Powell then looks over towards Philip.

Powell: And what are you doin' kid?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:51 pm

Being thrown out of his daze, as his mind had mindlessly wandered outside of the window, Philip stuttered slightly.

"Um...uh...just finishing up some reports." He said, quickly grabbing his pencil, straightening his back on his chair, and placing the pointed lead back onto the paper.

There really wasn't much to report though and he knew it. Technically he was supposed to be a detective, but he was no where near as good as his mentor was. So with most of his time on duty, he spent it serving it by catching thieves, vandalists, and other acts of small crimes.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Powell then looks back towards Bobby.

"You see that? Even the kid is doing more work than you," he remarks. He doesn't really care how much he patronizes Bobby: as far as he is concerned, Bobby doesn't deserve to be lieutenant. Powell then stares back at his much larger paperwork. "Though not much more," he adds.

"Why don't I take that paperwork of yours and shove it down your throat? You wouldn't have to worry about it then," Bobby responds as he gets up from his desk. He looks as though he is prepared to start a fight right then and there.

"No thanks," Powell says, realizing he's pushed things as far as they can go. "I think I have a better idea. Hey kid, come over here."

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Had this been his first time seeing both the chief and Bobby bicker, he would had imagined a real fight would break out at any given second. However he knew better by now. Most of the time it's just them exchanging words, so he ignored most of it, as he finished up his reports.

As he heard the chief talking to him again, he gave him his full attention. "Hm?" He said, as he placed his pencil down, pushed his seat outwards, stood up, and walked towards Powell. "You wanted to see me for something?" He asked curiously.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:36 pm

"Yeah," Powell said as Philip walked towards him. "See, I have all this paperwork that needs to get done and a big case that needs to get solved. But here's the thing."

Powell stopped for a moment and shifted through some of the papers. Finding what he was looking for, he showed the picture to Philip.

"Johnny Cuzzi's been missing for a couple of days now." The Cuzzi's were one of the more notorious gangs by Little Italy. "I wouldn't be surprised if the Salvadors had something to do with it." The Salvadors, another notorious gang and one of the Cuzzi's rivals. "In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a body turned up now. But I can't not look for this guy unless I want the Cuzzi's breathin' down my neck. So you go around and look for him. Understand?"
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:47 am

Philip listened to his chief as he explained his enormous paperwork, which he didn't care too much about, but when he heard about a certain case, it perked his attention straight up.

He now listened with a new attitude, but maintained the same expression. Taking every word into detail, he was excited. He was hoping that Powell would say those lucky words, even before he had gotten to them. And when he did, it was his lucky day or break. He was hoping for a case and something of this level after all the training and work he had done with his old mentor.

Now on his own, he wanted to test his skills and prove himself after he had left his partner's side. Although he wasn't entirely wild about the suspects of this case.

"You can count on me chief." Is all he said, after he was finished.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:36 am

OOC: Powell isn't chief, he's head detective. Just wanted to make that clear.

"Good," Powell said nodding. "Now here's where I want you to go: check the Midnight Express. That's where he was last seen." The Midnight Express, a popular night club owned by the Cuzzi family. "Then I want you to check Salvador's territory. Start by the Pizzaria and work your way towards the docks."
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm

Jotting down some notes on a piece of paper, just so he remember all the possible clues and areas to check out, Philip then pocketed both his pad and pencil.

"Right, I'll get straight on that." He said, walking towards the door to the briefing room and grabbing his hat.

OOC: Ok and I don't know whether you want me to progress to these places or if you want to set the atmosphere for these places.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:12 pm

The Midnight Express

A fairly high class night club owned by the Cuzzi family. While during the day its doors are shut, at night it lights up the street, teasing anyone who doesn't have access. The interior is mostly tables with a decent sized stage for a wide variety of entertainment including a large piano for music. Reds and white decorate the interior.

When the club isn't opened, the surrounding alleyways are mostly abandoned.

Salvador Territory

The Salvador Territory is a large section of Little Italy. Starting at the Pizzaria, it travels all the way to the nearby docks. In between are a variety of stores and homes ranging from clothing stores to the conventional barbershop. Places such as the Pizzaria are safe for the most part but as one travels further into their domain, it becomes more dangerous. Those who are unknown or not welcomed by the Salvador Family are better off staying away.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:45 pm

Finally arriving at the address, Philip took in the buildings exterior view and sign, before advancing further towards the entrance. He dusted and folded his jacket, to remove any wrinkles, as he walked on.

Finally he stopped at the entrance door, pushing it gently. It didn't open, so he tried to pull instead. Still to no avail could he open it, but he then spotted a chart on the window, which read its hours of business.

Still a long ways from being open today, he peeked in to see that the building was dark. It seemed that no one was inside. "Great, I wish Powell would had told me this sort of stuff..." He said under his breath and quietly.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:57 pm

The Midnight Express would not be open for some time. Whatever clues that may (or may not) lay in the building would not be accessible for a while assuming he was even allowed in the building. But perhaps the surrounding alleyways would provide some sort of clue as to Johnny Cuzzi's whereabouts. Or perhaps they wouldn't.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:03 pm

Reluctantly, Philip left his first lead. He would be back later, but for now it had to wait. Looking at the surrounding area casually, he then continued to stroll through the development around the bar.

Maybe there was a patronage who frequented the bar. It was his best bet at this point, as a bar brings much more gossip to the table then a pizza shack.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:24 pm

The Bar

Now that Prohibition has been lifted, this place has a number of people who no longer have to suffer from the smell of the pig, goat, and whatever other animal was kept in the far end of the room. Some men are there just get a quick drink while they are on their break; others spend a majority of their time drinking.

In total, there are five men and a bartender. Three of them have a small drink while two have numerous glasses by them.

This bar is a part of Salvador territory.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:32 pm

Casually entering the bar, Philip observed the building and its patrons. There weren't that many at this time of the day, but that was to be expected. It was just afternoon. While it wasn't any of his business, any man at a bar at this time, had a questionable lifestyle and motive.

He then took notice of two men, who exactly fitted the bill for his beliefs, but he didn't come off as too suspicious, as he walked further in the bar, and observed its surroundings.

Instead of probing for answers at some random people, who clearly had to be alcoholics. Philip decided to first question the bartender. They always saw their fair share of all sorts of action. More often they were always nosy and getting into their patrons businesses through eavesdropping.

So he walked all the way to the counter, where the bartender was wiping off a clean glass.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:42 pm

The Bartender absentmindedly cleaned his glass.

"What'll it be?" he asked without looking up.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:54 pm

As the man cleaned the glass, Philip didn't answer his real question. "Detective Philips, I'm doing a case on a missing person, Johnny Cuzzi." He explained, unsure if it was wise or not to use the name Cuzzi around such a place like this.

"You wouldn't happen to have any odd or new patrons who've visited or anything you might know." He asked, attempting to keep the expressionless, but strict demeanor, which his veteran partner used to always display.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:02 pm

The Bartender suddenly stopped cleaning his glass. A few of the men looked over towards the conversation that had now begun as if their ears were attracted to the name Johnny Cuzzi.

"I don't know anything about a Johnny Cuzzi," the bartender said strictly. "Now if you want a drink, that's something I can help you out with. But if you're just going to pester me with questions, I suggest you leave."
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:26 pm

OOC: Crap, I know I should've stopped with the RolePlays yesterday, when I kept making mistakes...blah.

Was feeling a bit under the weather and not paying attention (like what I told you about :P) I guess this is my, this is a hospital scene?

Anyway I meant to have Philip say about a missing person, but kept it ambiguous as to who. Hence why it later hinted at because he didn't know whether or not it was too wise to use Cuzzi's word around here.

Oh well it is what it is. I'll make a post later, once I have time to think it over.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:58 am

OOC: Took me a while to figure out what to post here, I still don't really know. Stupid Typo, you will be the end of me!

Noticing that the dull patrons had now become interested in this conversation, he knew he had hit a chord. He probably shouldn't had mentioned a certain name to him, but all the same, they would had probably been suspicious either way.

Their actions, although subtle, was proof enough of something. Though there was no way to pinpoint anything just yet.

Smoothing his jacket, to take out the wrinkles, Philip backed casually away from the counter a few steps. "Well you've gentlemen have been very helpful in this investigation." He said with a nod, before heading out of the bar.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:50 pm

No one said anything as the detective left the bar.

Outside, the streets were becoming a little bit more lively as some people managed to cut out of work early. But the evening still had not yet begun and there was still much to explore if Johnny Cuzzi's body was to be found.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:10 pm

The Pizzeria

A local pizzeria where a majority of the Salvador family spends their time. There's no telling who exactly is part of the Salvador family due to their many members or who possesses connections to them.

The pizzeria is quiet and quaint with only two people in the joint not including the two working behind the counter.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:18 pm

Unsure if he would even find anything in this place, much like the bar, Philip still walked into the Pizzeria acting casually.

The aroma of sauces and breads mixed the air, giving off a great atmosphere for eating and hunger. However, he wasn't here to partake in this part of the towns cuisines, he had other business to take care of.

Walking towards the counter, where two workers were, he addressed himself. "Excuse me, Detective Ray (of whatever), I'm investigating a case of a missing person."
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:39 pm

OOC: of the Lower Manhattan Police Department? lol, honestly, i've never heard the detectives refer to where they're coming from. they just flash and the badge and everyone knows they mean business :p

The man in charge of the cash register, a large man who fit the bill of every stereotype regarding Italians, was currently cleaning the counter.

"Guys go missing all the time around here. If I had a nickel for every guy I saw that disappeared, I'd be rich."

The other man behind the counter was busy preparing a fresh order of pizza and chose wisely not to partake in the conversation.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next