Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste

3 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste - Page 6 Empty Re: Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste

Post  Lee Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:20 pm

I think they actually can only hold the rights of contracts, not the actual piece. Or at least I think that's how most or some works work...I mean if not then a show like Futurama couldn't be aired on Comedy Central because it originally started off on Fox. Then again, what do I know lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste - Page 6 Empty Re: Avatar: Legend of Korra; First Taste

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:43 pm

Unless they worked out a deal.

I don't know if probably depends on the company. But if it's anything like Disney, the company owns everything.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Well the dumbasses need to treat it better then Spongebob. I still can't get over the fact that when it won the Kids Choice Awards that one time, they didn't commemorate it or anything. Few years back when Spongebob won they had a whole parade, theme song, and everything.

There was also a Choice Awards years ago when N64 was still popular. They had a category for best games. Zelda was in it, guess what won...Spongebob. I'm sorry, but Zelda, Mario Party, and Donkey would beat it without even having to try.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:27 pm

^ yeah i know. the kid's choice awards are warped. the only reason Avatar won was cause of the huge fanbase and people on avatarspirit were voting for it as many times as they could a day. and then there was diddly squat about it. i mean, i can understand undermining a minor category which is what they've been doing for years but to undermine one of their BIGGEST categories? wtf. actually, i think best animated show IS their biggest category.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:58 pm

As of recently, I've lost a lot of respect in the past few years with several companies. Nickelodeon being one of them with Sega following closely behind. I don't know if it's because I've been paying more of a closer attention to all the details, but it seems most places are getting more corrupted every year.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:04 pm

i think they've been corrupted for a while (some companies) like...early 2000s.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:09 pm

I just remember with Sega, that they had an online game called Phantasy Star Universe. If you recall me talking about the game. It's great and so is the plot, but the online service sucked.

What made it suck was that they just up and killed the server out of nowhere. People spent hours, days, years working on their characters they made for the game, who were high leveled and whatnot.

Suddenly Sega sees some budget numbers that they're not liking and pull the plug without as much as a warning or heads up. People lost all of their game data, not to mention were never refunded for online play that they paid for.

Luckily for me, I didn't subscribe those past months, so I didn't lose any money, but seriously that's pathetic.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:13 pm

yeah i remember that game and thats terrible. i would have called the company and demanded a refund.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:20 pm

The only way you would get a refund is if you went through so much phone calling mumbo-jumbo. If they were professional, they would had forwarded everyones accounts back even without the customers complaints.

Another problem with the company is because Sega has a company in American and Japan. SoA and SoJ. The Japan company deliberately under-staffs the company in America, hardly gives them any of the updates or tools to work with, and mistreats their customers overseas on purpose. It's so unprofessional and immature.

They've actually received and D or E by the Bureau of Businesses or whatever it's called.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:31 pm

if you paid with a credit card, you can submit a complaint and the credit card company will deal with it. thats how we got our money back from a convention that refused to refund us.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Well it's good that you got your money back. I've heard some credit card companies that refused to even do that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:50 pm

that stinks =/
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:06 am

i didnt know where to put this so i thought id share it here:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScarfOfAsskicking

in short, Mako will kick ass.

the end.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:08 am

That's sort of what suckered me into Cyborg 009, they all had matching uniforms and scarf like capes.

We'll have to see if he is worthy of wearing the scarf though.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:21 am

^ he totally is. just look at him =p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:22 pm

Is it just me or did they switch the style in this show? The poster reminds me of DC/Marvel, but in the actual animation they look no where near as muscular.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:40 pm

the style is supposed to be a little bit more 'mature'. plus, Bryan's skills have grown over the years and for Korra he has two people working with him on the main art development. with Avatar, it was just him mostly. that, and they're working with a new animation studio...so that's probably why.

it's all in the panel, i dont remember if they said anything else.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Both styles are great. I wouldn't call one mature and the other not, that's an insult, which the original series does not deserve.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:18 pm

^ by mature, they meant the characters look more mature i think. also, the fact that the style has matured since the last time.

like, they brought up the fact that sometimes the characters appeared to have big heads. and, they kind of do. but they tried to fix that in this series.

you have to watch the panel to fully understand what im talking about because at this point, im just gathering from memory which is scattered to begin with.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:20 am

I'm really not going to make an assumption like that, until the real series airs. I mean look at the Last Airbender, that had a bad ass trailer. I won't say that the movie was utterly horrible, but it had nothing against the original series.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:21 pm

oh no i agree. i was just saying what the panel was talking about. just because they say they feel as though it's more mature doesn't mean it will be what i think of as mature or what you think of as mature. but im still going to hold some expectations based on the trailer =p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:45 pm

More concept art has been uploaded online, if you haven't seen it yet. The bad guys, tournament, some shots of the mains, and more. This is a smaller version of it, but this is all of them.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp1w6prBpT1qdmlfso1_500.png
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:06 pm

i dont believe i saw all of that. thanks for sharing :D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:55 pm

Yup! The only one that really caught my attention was the arena. All the others weren't that very interesting to me.

The RP tournament (at least the one that I have had installed in my mind for years) looks a lot more visual then that. Although this has a lot more of an audience.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:19 pm

i didnt imagine our arena to look that flashy.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next