Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant Thread

+2
Loyal Subject
Lee
6 posters

Page 7 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:21 pm

oh stitches....ive never had stitches removed before...well once but i was a baby so i dont remember it at all.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17173

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:22 pm

They're probably those dissolveable kind.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18534

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:37 pm

that's would i would think but now that i think about it, my friend had to have stitches removed for getting her wisdom teeth pulled out (i think). im not sure if she had a special case though or something. she didn't say.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:56 pm

ok so it turns out im getting my wisdom teeth pulled in like two weeks but im going under anastesia so i wont hear any cracking =D. and they're taking all four out thank goodness so i can just get it over with.

i also had a rant today...but i already ranted about it in a DA journal. Basically, my group has to make a game for kids 8-13 and everyone (but me) thought it would be a good idea to make the pieces out of clay. so the person that went to the store bought the clay but bought clay that needs a oven and we're supposed to be working on the project in class. yup...i dont know if they just think they need an oven and they really dont or if they really did buy the kind that needs an oven..if such a thing exists. basically, whoever bought the clay has never used clay before in their life =D.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 03, 2010 12:11 am

Reaction to America The Story of Us.

FFFFFFFFF I swear it's like these dumbasses didn't know anything about history and just wanted to make a movie. I now take back what I said about this series. Watch it for the reenactment, but take everything lightly.

They said that John Brown raided Harpers Ferry with only his four sons, BS he had several slaves with him to. They were just all surrounded in one small building. They then go and say "Oh and the Marines stopped them." It was the Regulars butt munches. The Marines were there to, but it figures they think they did everything...They probably go and think "Oh they're Marines, that must mean they're the best of the best." Marines means nautical back in those terms.

The Marines of today were not the Marines of yesterday, they were different. But they probably didn't open a textbook to realize that and just thought these men were the ones who did it all. Good job on crapping on the Regulars deeds.

At the end when they were coming up for the next episode the Civil War, they said Lincoln declared war on the Confederates after he was inaugurated. He still avoided war after that, it wasn't until the first shots at Fort Sumter that he declared war on the South.

But they just skipped that...I have a feeling they'll overlook everything about the next episode except for the 20th Maine at Gettysburg as if they don't already have a big enough ego as it is at reenactments. Watching this just gave me a headache having to sit through all the screwed up history which a lot of Americans are going to take for the real thing.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 03, 2010 10:31 am

^ i must confess i did not watch it yesterday because Beetlejuice was on ^^; but now that it's clearly inaccurate, i won't watch it. unless they do some segments on history that im particularly fond of and i can call them out on their inaccuracy too =p.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 03, 2010 11:13 am

There's a lot of accuracy, but some things were inaccurate to. They made John Browns raid seem less threatening with only four men...They captured a whole armory in Harpers Ferry with the help of his sons and free slaves. I mean come on! It has to be serious if they call in the military.

The Marines, that made me cringe though. Did they just drive their boats into the armory? "Whoopsie daisy! Captain we just ran aground! The rutter won't move!" They were there, however the Regulars secured a lot of the section.

They might start off with Fort Sumter, I mean that's what actually fueled the last straw for war. Lincoln knew war was now impossible to avoid. I say still watch it, it is accurate, I'm just venting at their besmirching of the Regulars when they deserved the spotlight.

However, I'll take that all back if they portray 1st Manassas correctly...there's no way not to have the Regulars in their since they were the line that held the Confederates back when all the Union were disorganized. If they weren't there, the war would had been over the first day. That's saying a lot.

However if they don't have anything about the invention of the ironwarships, Monitor and Merrimack don't watch it then. The US were the ones who changed the technology of ships.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 03, 2010 4:51 pm

I remember John Brown's raid in Harper's Ferry and considering they make a big deal about it in history class (not that I remember much of what was taught), making it seem less threatening is a big no-no. And yeah, if they call in the military it's kind of a big deal....=p.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 03, 2010 6:25 pm

I've actually been to Harpers Ferry and even have a picture of the brick house they were all surrounded in. They had Brown running through some corridor where a Marine knifed him, but he survived unscathed from what I remember.

I just hope they do some justice to the Civil War. And if the Regulars aren't mentioned once in it, then those be fighting words!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 03, 2010 6:44 pm

^ they have a lot to cover in one episode (unless they expand it to more than one episode which they might have to do) so it may not be justified.

well, actually i wanted to rant about this a while ago but i just didnt do it. but now im going to!

so a few days ago, my sister and i were playing outside and then we saw a deer. and we got really close to it which is odd because most of the deer by my house run away if you even move towards it. but for some reason, this deer was very content with us being there. so after it left due to a car driving by, we went inside. a few hours later, it came back and again was ok with us just standing there gawking at it. so because we saw it twice and it was ok with us, we decided to name him Acorn because we saw him eating acorns the first time.

so my family went out to eat. i didnt go because i dont like the food at the place they went to but ANYWAY all of a sudden i hear my mom yelling outside. I go out there and it turns out that a kid that lives a few houses down and his friend were throwing rocks at Acorn. and poor Acorn didn't know what was going on. and his dad was outside and the dad did nothing! of course he didnt give a **** because he hunts deer in the woods ILLEGALLY i might add. so my mom was yelling at the kids to stop messing with Acorn. and they thought it was funny. so she kept yelling at them and ended up scaring them into the woods. And poor Acorn ran away =(. and i havent seen Acorn since then and im very upset because i miss him and i dont want him to stop coming to see me because some assholes thought it was a good idea to practice animal cruelty.

if i come face to face with those kids, you can be sure that i will give them a piece of my mind in an non-yelling manner...since my mom already took care of that...

i miss Acorn.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri May 07, 2010 11:42 am

I thought you were going to say that the deer was killed during hunting season. Then I realized you said a few days ago.

Anyway, it's uncommon for a deer just to stand still when in the presence of an up close human or something else, even more so when it's getting stuff thrown at it. Something might be wrong with that deer.

Anyways kids will be kids, nothing you can do about that. Even if you change the mind of that one kid there will be another to take his place down the road.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri May 07, 2010 3:25 pm

^ i dont know, maybe. he was young so i dont know if he was just inexperienced or something being out on his own. ive also seen deer that have walked right up to me and that was because they were used to people feeding them and i know my neighbor has been feeding the deer with a deer feeder. so it could be that too. there could also be something wrong with it, i dont know.

and yes, there will always be other kids that are like that. but i dont want those type of kids living near me so Acorn will still come and visit =p. and anyway, the parents should reprimand their kids when they see them hurting an animal like that. but that's just my opinion.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri May 07, 2010 5:00 pm

Well yeah killing an animal for the sake of feeding yourself or a family is totally different from doing it for some sick kicks.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri May 07, 2010 5:35 pm

they do it for sport, the neighbors not for food. but that's not even what pisses me off about them hunting. you want to hunt, fine whatever that's your thing. but DONT do it in a residential area! like seriously, we dont live in the middle of nowhere where you can shoot something and no one will notice. we live in a suburbia! you could easily shoot someone by trying to hunt a deer. it's dangerous. especially if you have a deer feeder that is RIGHT in front of people's houses @_@. it's like they're asking to injure someone. we've called the cops on them plenty of times and each time the cops find the pegs and supplies right near where the houses are. our houses.

something similar actually happened not too far from where i live where some guy was hunting deer in a residential area and the bullet killed a baby that was inside of the house.

and they dont even clean up after themselves. they leave the mess in the woods and that attracts coyotes. which is also dangerous considering we're in a suburbia. a pack of coyotes killed a dog here. and that could have been my dog!

so yeah, it's not just about Acorn getting hurt. its about anyone of us being an innocent bystander and getting hurt. and its about my pets possibly getting hurt. and encouraging the kids to treat animals like that in a place where you can easily injure someone else aside from the animal is just disgusting. and of course, the guy that does all this crap is head of the fire department. way to represent our town ass @_@

ok sorry, that ended up being another random rant. but it just pisses me off that we essentially have to wait for someone to get hurt before someone is actually going to like, i dont know, ARREST him for doing something illegal. and getting his kids involved and on the same path only makes matters worse because they could get hurt while trying to hurt an animal especially if they piss off a buck or a coyote.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri May 07, 2010 6:37 pm

There's plenty of hunters where I live. In fact I have a few deer pelts that I use for reenactments. They're pretty comfortable and nice looking.

Oh come on LS deer aren't hostile, lol they run at their own farts.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri May 07, 2010 7:42 pm

actually if it's mating season, bucks are edgy.

again, i have nothing against hunters, just go and hunt where it's legal and not in a town where houses are right next to the small woods.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun May 09, 2010 11:13 pm

Wow just wow...you know how I was going to rant if they didn't mention what I would liked to had heard in America The Story of Us version Civil War...well...

Each episode is two hours 9:00-11:00, but I'm not even bothering to watch the last part. In fact I won't watch anymore of this garbage. The Civil War was already over at 10 PM, but they didn't say a damned thing about it!

Well they did, but it was all inaccurate. There was nothing about Fort Sumter or the first battle which was the moment the Confederates gained footing and many realized the war wasn't going to end quickly.

They didn't even go over Gettysburg, not in the slightest, the turning point. Ok what the hell? They just explained that the Civil War was where technology and old strategies clashed, and if you haven't been living under a rock your whole life you should damn well know at least that much. Oh yeah and that a lot of people died...

They focused too much on technology of railroads, guns, ammunition, the telegraph...but forgot to mention the birth of iron ships? Gee that sounds a little important to me...

Oh yeah and here's the best part. Lincoln had a second term during the war that he needed the public vote for. Many weren't in favor for the war, but he needed something so that they would change there mind. They explained that what changed their mind was Sherman's march through Atlanta.

What it actually was, was the victory of Gettysburg and Vicksburg simultaneously, one after the other, July 3rd and then the 4th.

They truly did an injustice to the history of the Civil War...though a part of me tells me that they did so little with the war because even now there's a huge grudge with this war.

Whenever I go to reenactments, you can feel the grudges some hold. Most of them are Confederates who hold them and I often get the evil eye or they trick to pick fights. They aren't acting though, they're serious. As if I was one of the actual people there, give me a break ass faces.

That's why I think they milked it down, to appease both the whiny North and South grudges some still hold. What those people need to learn is to cram it up their one way digestive track so everyone else can learn the war for what it was.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 10, 2010 5:11 pm

^ all my teachers say the South still has grudges for the Civil War. Heck, even my poetry teacher mentioned it this semester because she saw some of it going on while she was on vacation or something.

But I dont think that's why they got the information wrong. Sometimes what happens is whoever is in charge of picking which historians to ask about a certain time period, they pick historians that aren't experts in that time period. So they get the information wrong. The only reason I know this is because my really boring history teacher went on a rant about how the History channel tends to ask historians that arent experts in the time period about certain things and the historians don't necessarily give the right information. So it could very well be that. And the problem with that is the people who are picking the historians probably don't realize that historians are usually experts in a few time periods but the rest they are a little fuzzy about. it's not like every historian knows everything there is to know about history =p.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 10, 2010 5:36 pm

That's why I noticed more mistakes during the 1800's then during the 1700's. I won't bother watching anymore of this, you can bet on that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 10, 2010 5:40 pm

yeah that makes sense then. unless they get experts for the right time period of course...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 10, 2010 5:46 pm

There weren't any historians who spoke. It was that computer voice over for the history channel.

Of course I should had expected them to stick by the fake history that most know...

Like the Wounded Knee Massacre was a total mistake. It wasn't people going "Gr let's kill them indians." There was a defected cannon that misfired when no one informed it to be fired. Of course panic ran through the native american tribes. Many volunteer regiments, not the actual military freaked out not knowing what to do.

Once the US Regulars gained order back into the ranks, while trying to keep casualties at a low on both side, it was too late.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 10, 2010 6:37 pm

yeah but they get their information from historians. at least, i would think that's where they get their info.

fake history most know? lol a lot of people don't even know the fake history =p.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 10, 2010 7:05 pm

Okay double post I know but omg im so friggin pissed right now.

So I spent the ENTIRE weekend reading Fullmetal Alchemist because I heard it was ending soon. Now, part of the reason why I did this was so that I wouldn't be spoiled, so as soon as the new chapter came out, I would be there on onemanga.com reading it with everyone else.

I go on dA and what do you think happened? Somebody drew a spoiler image with huge spoilers in big, bold letters and submitted it to a club I'm a part of.

EDIT: after doing some research, I found out the spoiler was false. But now I'm mad because I had to spoil myself just so I knew my second favorite character did not die like I thought he did. And no, I couldn't wait because I've already had one favorite character die during this series.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon May 10, 2010 9:32 pm

Did the artist get reprimanded or banned? That does suck, but at least it's fake. lol sorta funny just when we were talking about fake history.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon May 10, 2010 10:11 pm

no because it wasn't meant to be a spoiler. the person just happened to draw the characters in the South Park style and wrote at the top of their deviation "OMG They Killed Colonel Mustang!" right when the new chapter's RAWs were released. so it was just really bad timing...actually, it would have been a nice response had that actually happened...assuming they released it significantly after the chapter was released.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next