Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amon's Plans of Evilness

2 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Amon's Plans of Evilness - Page 4 Empty Re: Amon's Plans of Evilness

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:41 pm

i dont think she's mastered spirituality yet. just because she was moving like the leaf doesnt mean she can airbend now. that was just the first step.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Right, but that seems a lot faster then I expected. She's already dodging like an airbender. It seemed a little too fast. It's like one minute she's getting kicked around and then the next she's moving elegantly out of the way.

It's not like she even had a revelation, it just happened.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:02 am

but she did have a revelation. she realized that her forceful attitude wasn't working in the arena. Korra likes fighting and consequently doesn't seem to like losing at all. she was under pressure and just did it. just because she didn't stop and say to herself 'im having a revelation right now' doesnt mean she didnt have one. it happened fast because she was in the moment of the match.

and, in Korra's defense, Aang couldn't earthbend in Bitter Work but learned how to do it by the end of the episode. and yes, he had to learn three elements but he had three seasons to master them. Korra only has one season (although its technically two it's about the same amount of episodes of a season of Avatar) to master one. and she still can't even bend it by the end of the episode.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:54 am

That's true, but Aang also had to learn quick because someone was in danger. Your true strengths often pick up quickly because of that. Since he still had another element to master, I didn't think they were rushing it.

When he learned to fire bender because he saw a bunch of magical flames and dragons? Yes I couldn't really grasp that as much, seemed to be too much.

Moving onto Korra, they could had at least hinted at her transition somehow. I can't remember much, but I don't think there was a Point A and B, besides just being smacked around and fighting fluidly.

Korra might be rusty in the arena because the rules forbid her from using her full powers, but what about outside? She simply was rusty there in the beginning too because of how she didn't know how things worked.

Give it an episode or whatever and that will change probably. I still think she needs a crutch to bring her down a level. Even Aang had one for most of Season 3 because Azula blocked too much of his chi when she struck him with lightning. Maybe Amon does perform it on her, but is unable for it to fully work. Maybe she loses one of her elements or they are weakened and she must remaster those.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:10 pm

and the probending tournament was clearly important to Korra. just because someone wasn't physically in danger, doesnt mean she wasnt going through a critical moment. though i agree, there could have been a better visual cue.

i dont think the dragon thing was a little too much for Aang because Aang already knew how to firebend but he didn't understand where the true nature of firebending came from. he and Zuko needed to realize that fire wasn't only destructive but also a symbol of life and passion.

Korra does have a crutch though. she completely lacks any spiritual sense. she's living in a modern world and all she thinks being the Avatar means is fighting people. that's a serious problem and if she just rushes into situations without thinking things through, she's never going to defeat Amon. And im pretty sure Amon can energybend. it was strongly hinted at in the last preview. im not saying it wouldnt be cool if she lost her bending because it i think it could work but i also think it can work without doing that. ill have to wait and see.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:14 pm

It's too early to tell yet, but it's only been two episodes and she's already well on the right track. If she doesn't have some obstacle, then that's probably where they'll go. Then she'll have nothing to do but learn spirituality to do so. It requires no bending, just a ready and eased mind.

I won't lie, I also thought about this when Korra started crying and saying how she doesn't know what to do in the trailer, where Tenzin hugs her. It just wouldn't make sense for her to cry after meeting Amon unless he did something to her. Korra is not one to break down and cry easily. Losing her powers would be a serious blow, enough to drive her to tears of fear.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:24 pm

^ right. but it could also be that she saw someone else lose their bending and that's what scared her so bad. because she saw what happened to that person and realized that Amon is targeting her. so it could go either way.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:25 pm

She's too reckless and hot headed for that to scare her away. I can already tell that by seeing her character in only two episodes.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:33 pm

well Bolin also gets captured so maybe it almost happens to him too.

you also forget that Korra has lived a sheltered life, she hasn't seen bad things happen to people like that. so even though she's hot headed and tough now, we have no idea how she would react to seeing someone go through something as horrible as getting their bending taken away. because it seriously looked like it was a painful experience in that one second we saw in a trailer. and maybe there's severely negative side effects in addition to getting the bending taken away. maybe the person becomes a vegetable.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:36 pm

LS I didn't watch the trailers, just FYI. I'm just going on what you've told me. So don't explicitly detail what's in the trailer, I don't want to know more then I have to.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:37 pm

^ you're the one that brought up energy bending so i assumed you saw that clip :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:38 pm

I just said that you mentioned the energy bending, not that I saw it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum