Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swords and Shields (A TicTacToe Game)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Swords and Shields (A TicTacToe Game) Empty Swords and Shields (A TicTacToe Game)

Post  Lee Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:33 pm

The One Hundred Year War of the Fire Nation has instilled itself in its culture, in many forms. If games have told me anything about the people who've made them, it's often their culture. If you look back at any game since mankind, you will learn a lot.

This is especially true with Swords and Shields, which spawned during the Fire Nation's time of war.

Please do not post this game link anywhere else. As it was made to bolster our forum's numbers, it is only allowed to be played on this forum. We are sorry for any inconveniences this may bring.

Here is the surprise I told you about! At long last it's completed!

Believe me when I said, you have no idea how complicated coding can be with this. But I stuck through with several tutorials.

One of them really helped me out a lot to...hope you like it!

Last edited by Lee on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:00 pm; edited 11 times in total
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Swords and Shields (A TicTacToe Game) Empty Re: Swords and Shields (A TicTacToe Game)

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:12 pm

ZOMG THIS IS AWESOME!

the 'X' says 'Ai' right? lol XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Swords and Shields (A TicTacToe Game) Empty Re: Swords and Shields (A TicTacToe Game)

Post  Lee Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:13 pm

No AI, as in play with AI instead of with another person.

2 Player or Computer.

I couldn't add computer in, because it went all wonky. Everything did except for AI.

So what do you think lol? Worth the wait?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:24 pm

YES!

except I keep tying with the AI....it knows Ryuzaki's trick....damn it <_<
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:25 pm

It's fairly easy to tie or beat it. I didn't make it too complex or dumb.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:27 pm

maybe i just cant play tic tac toe.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:31 pm

Sometimes you just get lucky depending where the AI places its marker. You just have to be patient and not randomly click or do the game quickly. Know all your moves you can make, as well as your opponents.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:32 pm

yeah.

i beat it a couple of times.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:35 pm

See? You just got to think and believe!...Or whatever.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:38 pm

yup.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:36 pm

I have several other ideas for different flash games as well. I'm going to put up an Avatar RP and Avatar quiz without the music to (one with and without) that way if anyone doesn't like it with the music they don't have to have it.

I also have this other idea, which isn't complicated with coding (I don't think so, but you know how that goes :P) but more complicated or time consuming with the art. I'll reveal more on it whenever I get around to working on it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:38 pm

okay.

and yes, i prefer things without the music but that's just me =p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:41 pm

You would strike me to be the type to enjoy music.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:44 pm

music distracts me. i can't listen to it 'in the background' while i do something. i like music though...i just have to be listening to it when im not really doing anything else that requires serious thinking like when im taking a quiz or trying to write something.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:28 pm

If music bothers you while doing other stuff, does other noises bother you to? Like outside noises?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:31 pm

sometimes, yes. it depends what it is. usually it only bothers me if it's a noise that does not happen on a regular basis. like, if someone is having a party outside and i can hear them or something. otherwise, i can usually tune it out.

even the 'out of the ordinary' noise doesn't distract me as much as music does.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:02 pm

I forgot to mention this, but I added it in both of the first posts of each game flash thread and the rules. Anyway I don't want to come off as strict or a jerk, but don't post the flash games anywhere else (I mean away from the)

As they were made with several purposes, one being to help the forum activity, even if a little, I'd rather not have the links spread out everywhere throughout the net.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:04 pm

oh i wasn't even thinking about doing that.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:06 pm

Alright, I kind of figured, but I just wanted to be clear on that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:21 am

Forgot to mention that I found a new file hosting site, for our flash based games. Found it about a week or two ago, so now all our games are up and running again.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:34 pm

did you put them on tumblr or no?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:37 pm

No, there wasn't really any way I could do it right. There was really no flash section where I could post it and it would show up there.

It was either upload as a picture showing what it looks like and then send a link or just upload as a link, which will just show the link. There was no way I could just send as a flash game so that they could see it as it's supposed to be.

So I doubt anyone is really going to looking into a bland text link or a stationary picture.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:44 pm

oh i see.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:50 pm

I did post it both as a link and picture, but I doubt anyone bothered because it wasn't as interesting or amazing as actually having the game to play right there and then. I doubt anyone would bother heading over to our forum via a link in order to play the game.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:06 pm

right, i was just wondering.

though, some people might have. it depends. getting something viral is extremely difficult.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next