Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime

+2
zfish9
Lee
6 posters

Page 39 of 44 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44  Next

Go down

Anime - Page 39 Empty Re: Anime

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:16 pm

So have you made it to the story where they enter Little Garden yet?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18535

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:11 pm

You mean Jurassic Park? yes. I didn't watch it last night cause of Aladdin but I will pick it up again tonight.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17175

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:14 pm

That part of the story is one of my favorite bits. I won't say why, but you'll find out as you watch more of it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:47 pm

Brought this up because a couple of things anime related came up today:

1. I suggested Baccano! to my local library and all the libraries in the area.
2. Amazon got more Clannad After Story (before you had to buy it through a separate buyer person) so it's free shipping and a decent price WOOT!
3. I have decided which DVDs of FMA Brotherhood I will be getting (when I get to that) and it is definitely going to be Volume 5. The last episode was absolutely awesome with Roy Mustang and this next episode I expect to be just as good.
4. We were cleaning out for a garage sale and my sister game me all her FMA first anime collection so my anime collection just doubled. And she gave me the Ed action figure she got and some of the volumes are signed. Serious win right there =p. Now I just have to figure out where I'm putting my anime so it all looks like one big super awesome collection.

And now onto One Piece:

I liked the last arc and I get why you liked the last arc. Though, I am with Nami and Vivi (I believe that's how you spell her name) I just didn't get why they were fighting (especially since they couldn't even remember why they were fighting) principle wise. I get their explanations but I don't necessarily agree with it =p. Though, Luffy was right: the villains ended the most epic battle ever. Voldy and Harry's fight is nothing compared to that =p

I'm kind of liking this new arc though with the reindeer. I forgot his name but I like him (I know he joins the crew). Though, I can't believe no one thought Nami was sick because of her bug bite =p

So I'm on Part 3 of Season 3 I believe, Disc 2.

Oh and I can definitely see why you don't like the commentaries Lee. These ones for One Piece aren't very good in my opinion. I have heard way funnier commentaries such as the Tsubasa OVA one with Monica Rial and The FMA Brotherhood one with Sonny Strait (the guy that plays Ussop). Those are hilarious. These could be better. Although, I do find the ones with Zorro's VA to be funny too only because he says the most random things in all his commentaries XD.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:56 am

So if you suggested them, did they take it into consideration? I mean suggesting is one thing, but half the times no one ever listens, even if the ideas are amazingly clever.

I just didn't get why they were fighting

You wouldn't understand LS, because you're a girl :P

It has nothing to do with fighting for an absolute reason or having something to come out with when won. It's about the honor and sake of fighting. (Oh for gods sakes, I need to find a way to stop using the F key.)

...Haven't you ever entered a contest where you knew there wasn't anything to actually win, like a trophy, money, or whatever. The sense of accomplishment just made it worth while?

Say for example an art contest. You are going against a worthy or worthier artist, but in the end you win. Or maybe you don't, it's a tie. What do you get for winning/being tied? Valuables? Fame? Recognition? No, you get the satisfaction that you won or did your best honorably without cheating.

Though, I can't believe no one thought Nami was sick because of her bug bite =p
I might be wrong, but she didn't tell anyone about that bite. No one knew.

And if some knew or whatever, it's not like...alright so we're the audience right? Whenever something important happens we're panned away from the group to that scene that they're not part of.

Or the camera zooms in, dramatic music plays, or whatever. Automatically we know that means something. Think of how many times camera zooms, dramatic music plays, or scene transitions happen in real life?...Yeah exactly :P

I never bothered watching the commentaries for One Piece, or any show for that matter. I only watched one commentary ever and that was Sokka's Master.

It was very informative about how they went about research and all. Most of the landscape was from Bryan or Mike's trip to somewhere in Europe.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Lee wrote:So if you suggested them, did they take it into consideration? I mean suggesting is one thing, but half the times no one ever listens, even if the ideas are amazingly clever.

I dont know =p but i did it anyway.

You wouldn't understand LS, because you're a girl :P

It has nothing to do with fighting for an absolute reason or having something to come out with when won. It's about the honor and sake of fighting. (Oh for gods sakes, I need to find a way to stop using the F key.)

...Haven't you ever entered a contest where you knew there wasn't anything to actually win, like a trophy, money, or whatever. The sense of accomplishment just made it worth while?

Say for example an art contest. You are going against a worthy or worthier artist, but in the end you win. Or maybe you don't, it's a tie. What do you get for winning/being tied? Valuables? Fame? Recognition? No, you get the satisfaction that you won or did your best honorably without cheating.

You know, I was going to say the exact same thing about my being a girl XD. I get the contest thing but when you're entering an art contest, you're not fighting to the death. There's a difference =p And no, I don't think I would put my life on the line fighting someone else and I didn't even know why I was fighting them. But that's just me.

And if some knew or whatever, it's not like...alright so we're the audience right? Whenever something important happens we're panned away from the group to that scene that they're not part of.

Or the camera zooms in, dramatic music plays, or whatever. Automatically we know that means something. Think of how many times camera zooms, dramatic music plays, or scene transitions happen in real life?...Yeah exactly :P

Someone did point it out besides Nami though I don't remember who it was. And, I don't mean to say that I figured it out because there was a 'dramatic zoom' or anything like that; it's pretty well known you can get diseases from bug bites...especially in tropical places :p that's what I meant.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:16 pm

It's the way they live. You wouldn't need to fight for your life in an art contest, but if you did, you bet there would be honor in that :P

Pencils and brushes flying through the air and all that...or whatever.

I can't remember that episode too well. Either way, it wasn't focused on. And yes, when she flinched from the pain, they gave her a close up for her expression and her buttocks or wherever the fly bit her.

In real life that sort of stuff doesn't happen (unless Sanji was the one zooming in. I'm kidding, but you get the point. If dramatic music played, cameras panned or zoomed for me when serious stuff happened, you better know I would know what to do.

And it's well known in our time for certain diseases. Not in there time period. Why do you think Sanji and Luffy didn't know of scurvy? It's not like they have schools, books, libraries, and the internet at their disposal. People take that vast amount of information for granted, but without it, we would be just as poorly informed.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:26 pm

but Nami's pretty smart so I would think she might have thought of it. and we've known about stuff like malaria since the late 1800s, early 1900s =p

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Yes, but One Piece is consisted of Islands. Mainly isolated islands, right? So it would be common for isolation to lead to ignorance to different lands diseases and other stuff.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:36 pm

^ i was just being a pain in the ass =p.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:37 pm

I know, but I couldn't pass down an opportunity to be an ass myself :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:43 pm

well in that case:

first of all, Luffy's kind of an idiot so the fact he doesn't know really isn't a good argument =p

but Nami has been traveling out to sea for a while and traveling so you would think she would be more aware of the kinds of dangers that exist on other islands. obviously she wouldn't know about that particular disease but it's quite common on any land where there will be some sort of bug that, when bitten, can cause a disease like that. ticks cause lime disease even to this day, we've had that mosquito virus a couple of years back, etc. so even if they are on different islands, a traveler like Nami would and should know of this basic warning.

that and, in terms of time period, this universe doesn't follow all the rules from the correct time period and already has a more 'modern' feel to it. and even though it was needed to find a doctor to move the plot, they could have at least known it was from the bite and still have been unable to do anything.

XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:47 pm

I think the year is somewhere in the 1300's or something, in there own world. If you want to get technical, I've never seen a booger explode. So your theories are irrelevant :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:01 pm

I've also never heard of melting wax not burning your skin if you were trapped under it and it suddenly started to melt either =p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:02 pm

I'm sure if enough melted for you to break free in time, it wouldn't hurt as much, say as if it all melted.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:13 pm

if they were on the brink of death, i would think the heat would have suffocated them before they could break free if the wax didn't melt them.

but ive never been encased in hot wax before so i wouldn't know.

we should get the myth busters on that case lol XD. they can put a dummy in wax and see what happens XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:19 pm

Whose that crazy one? Jamie? He should encase himself in hotwax. He'll do a crazy pose just for Zorro.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:26 pm

i dont know their names. i just watch the show occasionally.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:33 pm

Well you better write them a letter, I bet Jamie is dying to encase Adam in a wax figure.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:38 pm

lol I will =p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:06 pm

You'll really like the next sets, they're really good to. Probably the longest part of the arc to.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:08 pm

i still have to watch like one more episode or so from this set. then ill order the next one.

i also ordered FMA Brotherhood for my mom again. cause the show is getting so badass she needs to catch up!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:33 pm

So what boxset are you on exactly?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:37 pm

One Piece I'm on Season Two Fourth Voyage. Just ordered it today.

FMA Brotherhood, im on part 5 (that's what adult swim is on anyway). my mom's still on the end of part 3 =p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:43 pm

You ought to slow down, otherwise you'll be at the last dubbed set before you know it! :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 44 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44  Next