Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literature!!!

+3
zfish9
Loyal Subject
Uruviel
7 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Literature!!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Literature!!!

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:01 pm

they have some issues, yes. they did it as a promotion for the Dark Knight. and i saw some hung up around Six Flags. but you cant buy any of them! its annoying. they also did 'special reports' on the DVD so its like watching a legit episode of GNN.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17175

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:02 pm

So what, they're not commerically available?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18535

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:05 pm

i guess not. there might be only a limited number of them. i could try buying one on ebay though or something. they should make them commercially available though.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:26 pm

Well nothing on Amazon, but I did find a few links on Ebay. They had the paper pretty dirt cheap to. I don't know if they're trusted sources or not. If you really want it, I'd suggest doing some research on their pages. Most times people will give reviews on their page about how reliable they are.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370379285509&rvr_id=&crlp=1_263602_263622&UA=WXF%3F&GUID=aa12e24a1290a0aad3271797fdeed0a2&itemid=370379285509&ff4=263602_263622
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:53 pm

yeah i checked Amazon too and found nothing.

the ebay one looks plausible though. its apparently a top rated person. oh wait a minute...i dont have a paypal account anymore =O. ill have to get a new one or something if i actually get it.

i also saw they have it on gothamtimes.com but it's only an internet copy. i wonder if there's some way to print it out in the form of a newspaper....
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Well you can always just copy the image in the best resolution and print it out on letterhead.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:47 pm

i also have to see if the gothamtimes.com has all the pages and stuff. i just looked at it briefly so i dont know. but seriously, six flags needs to sell the gotham times if they're going to put it on display all over the place XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:07 pm

Well if you haven't seen it for sale then it's possible it's just for decorative purposes. Printing it on bad quality paper or taking a picture when you're actually there is probably as close as you'll get to it. Unless you steal it or ask if you can have it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:02 pm

it was for decorative purposes. when i first saw it though i thought they were advertising that you can purchase it in the Superhero store because I knew beforehand they had given out copies of the Gotham Times in order to promote The Dark Knight.

i know there's more than one issue too. but ebay only has the one that you can get on the gothamtimes.com for sale. it's tricky because for all i know (even though it says original) the person could have just printed it out and put it on 'newspaper paper'. which is what i would do and i wouldnt have to pay for shipping and handling XD.

on another note, last night i found out my books came in from the library. Instructions and Sandman by Neil Gaiman. so i thought 'yes, ill go to the library and get it tomorrow!'

Library is closed @_@. stupid library. WHY ARE YOU CLOSED ON A SATURDAY? The library in the next town is open on Saturdays, why cant you be? Of course, the library in the next town didn't have the books and i had to order them from far away @_@. So now I have to wait until Monday T_T
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:28 pm

The local library where I live closes from time to time as well. It's happened a lot lately. They'll take a day or two during a week to be closed maybe even half days as well. It was all due to the bad economy. It's better, but still no where as fine as it once was. So in order to keep the library running they cut hours instead of people who work there.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:48 pm

my library has always been horrible. i normally go the next town's library but since i can walk to my library, i figured i just have the books go there.

really, our library is easily the worst one in the area. more than half the books are missing, they don't have a good selection to begin with, the library staff is lazy, it's a loud library, etc. and, AND our town has to pay some of the highest taxes and we get a crappy library! it makes no sense, no sense i tell you. the school's offices used to be in the downstairs part of the library but they recently kicked them out. so now it's an empty area. why dont they just do something nice to that part of the library? like, force the kids that are only at the library because they're waiting for their parents to pick them up to go down there instead of being loud and obnoxious in the main part of the library?

omg and the library staff....grrrr....they've gotten better lately but i remember a few months ago i wanted to get a new library card because the one i had was from like first grade and it was cracked and everything. so i ask them if they can give me a new one and they didn't even want to do it. because their excuse was 'the kids would be coming in soon'. meanwhile, the kids were coming in in like 15 minutes and it takes 2 minutes to make the library card @_@.

and dont even get me started on the book selection there because i have gone there countless times where the books are missing or they dont have it to begin with. i was actually shocked that they had LOST there even though they were circulating bad dvds.

.....yes, this has become a rant about my library. XD

though, i do want to see maybe if they'll let me buy one of the books there. they have a Disney Art book that is normally like $40 but it's in terrible condition because they leave it out for the little kids to rip through. which doesnt make much sense to begin with, but, whatever. i just feel so bad for that book that is getting tortured XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:58 pm

Breath in pal...breath in.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:00 pm

yeah i know. but jeez, my library is irritating.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:03 pm

You'll come across some lazy people in your life, sometimes they interfere with your leisure time others it's when you're at work. Not much you can do and I know it does suck.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:08 pm

^ it's mostly just a combination of the crappiness of the library. the laziness just adds to it. im more annoyed by the lack of material they have.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:31 pm

Well my local library isn't that big either. It was recently built a few years back so it looks nice, but there's little room in it. I don't know how well the actual selection is cause I've only went in there a few times and normally I knew what I was looking for so I didn't browse.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:38 pm

even if it looked nice, that'd be good. the downstairs of our library looks nice. not the upstairs where the books are XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:41 pm

Well our library was built really large like it has two stories to it, but it doesn't. It was just to look more appeasing I guess or to trick people into coming in.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:45 pm

id go in that library XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:48 pm

They'd trap and reel you in a heartbeat.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:49 pm

as long as they have what im looking for, they can lock me in the library for all i care XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:58 pm

so...i watched the ending of Pride and Prejudice last night since I had to get off the computer (even though it wasn't that big of a storm and there really wasn't a point to my getting off in the first place =/).

so because of that, I started reading Pride and Prejudice. I tried reading it after I saw the movie for the first time but I couldn't get into it. So i figured I'd try again =D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:37 pm

If this gets a lot of posts, maybe I'll make a thread for it, but for now I figured I would post it here.

I recently bought the art of Avatar. I'm not sure if any of you read it or even heard about the book, but it's only $20 and has a lot of amazing art throughout the whole production and even before it.

They showed several pictures of what Avatar was originally supposed to be. I'm not sure if any of you remember that it was once supposed to be scifi like StarWars. Momo was a tiny little robot and Appa looked like Chewie.

Each episode has at least one page dedicated to it. There's a lot of sketches and paintings which bring each landscape to life, and even shows more then what was revealed in certain backgrounds then in the actual episodes.

They had a section for brainstorming, the pitch, the pilot, all seasons including each episode. It really goes in depth with everything.

They had so many more characters that they were going to use for the Ember Island Play, but unfortunately they couldn't implement them. They all looked really funny though.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:02 pm

^ omg. i actually heard about this and i said to myself i was going to buy it when i went to the bookstore...and i completely forgot about it.

but it sounds awesome and im totally going to purchase it!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:10 pm

I bought it off Amazon.

The Freedom Fighters first sketch, they all totally look like something off of Cowboy Bebop.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum