Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime?

+3
Lee
Uruviel
notSusano
7 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Anime? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anime?

Post  Lee Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:54 pm

Loyal Subject wrote:yeah but was that when Mako was alive and they were aware that he had throat cancer or was that before the fact? because i mean if i knew someone had throat cancer and i was asking them to do a role that required voice over, i would try to fit as little dialogue as possible for the person just to make it easier for them.

whatever their intentions were, i still found it annoying but at least he didn't die. ^_^
Yeah it was way before that time. They wanted to have tension between Zuko and Iroh. After all Zuko did betray his Uncle in the ending of Season 2, and no amount of fancy huge written out posts can change that fact.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:46 pm

yup. but that still kind of stinks =/
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:56 pm

So... who watched the first episode of Vampire Knight: Guilty?? :D :D
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:31 pm

Never heard of it until now. So what is the show about? Besides being about a vampire lol.

I know it probably won't happen, but I'd like to see an animated series on the Civil War.

Hand select a few regiments from both sides.

U.S.
The U.S. Regulars (That's the unit I portray!) 20th Maine, The Irish Brigade

C.S.
CS Virginians, Stonewalls Brigade, The Tigers

I named these regiments because they were the ones who made quite a name for themselves during the war. Though it probably wouldn't get enough viewers.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:49 am

I wouldn't be surprised if some Japanese person interested in the American Civil War decided to create an anime about/set in it. You should check out myanimelist.com - it's a huge database for all the animes in the world, whether they've been subbed/dubbed/encoded for downloads, etc, etc. I may be wrong about the .com part, but the site's name is definitely "my anime list". I've only just discovered it, though, so I may be wrong about some of the details of the site.

Vampire Knight: Guilty is, yes, about Vampires. This is the sequel to "Vampire Knight". It's set in the european contryside in a time that looks like the mid 1700s, I think, in a somewhat isolated boarding school called Cross Academy. There's two "Classes" at this school, the Day Class and the Night Class, and unbeknownst to everyone in the Day Class, the super-hot Night Class students that they idolize and are restricted from are actually Vampires. The School was established as an experiment to create a world where Humans and Vamps can coexist happily. The head of the school is an ex-Vampire Hunter, and his two adopted "children", Yuuki and Zero, are the Guardians of the school and the only other people who know about the Vamps who attend classes at night. There's a very stirct separation between the humans and the vampires, but things are complicated and lines are blurred when it turns out that Zero is a human who was bitten by a pure-blood vampire before he was adopted, and is now in the process of becoming a deadly, mindless Level-E Vampire. Things are even more complicated because the leader of the Night Class, a pure-blood called Kaname Kuran, is the one who brought Yuuki to the shelter of the school when she was 5-yrs-old after he saved her from a vampire attack. Kaname has some kind of deep affection for Yuuki, and he'd do anything, even kill himself, I think, just because it was her wish. Of course there's a whole bunch of antagonism b/w him and Zero, who also has feelings for Yuuki.

That's what season 1 was about, without giving too much away. It ends with this huge question: Just what exactly are Kaname Kuran's intentions, and what is this secret game he's playing with all the "pawns" he's assembled at Cross Academy, and can we really trust him???!! So we enter season 2 (the Guilty season) with this sense of suspicion. I think this season is where we'll get in to the thick of the vampire world and see what exactly Kaname is doing and who he's waging war on for the sake of all the remaining pure-bloods and Yuuki. It's not a very long series - gets to the point, keeps the suspense going. You can't always be sure of what's going to happen next - not like Code Geass, which was sheer genius and you could NEVER tell what was going to happen until it was too late, but VK is somewhat similar in terms of the suspense.

The first episode of the new season was subbed by Yuurisan Subs, the people who did the D. Gray Man series, and it was finally encoded and released today. I've been waiting so long for it :D Yay! It airs every Monday night.....
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:27 pm

No i didnt watch Vampire Knight.

Until i know once more that Zero and Yuuki are cannon, i will not watch an episode because my hatred for Kaname is almost as intense as my hatred for Light and that's really saying something! Seriously, this guy is a jerk T_T.

anyway, the new anime that i have been into are as followed:

Clannad Afterstory: i was actually away so i have to watch the new episode tonight.

this other anime that i forget the translation but it's about a kid and his butler named Sebastien i just like the setting and the mood it sets so far XD

and another one that i don't know the title because subs didnt come out last i heard. it's about this girl that can see magical creatures and this guy wants her to accompany him on a quest =D

im also curious as to what the new season of Hell Girl is about since..i mean...Hell Girl kind of...died in the last season...so...but hey it's an anime so they can bring anyone back XD. but yeah...

that's it pretty much...im still looking into Tsubasa Chronicles...sort of.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:03 pm

Lol - I like Kaname. But I'm suspicious about him. According to Wikipedia, Yuuki is actually a Pureblood vampire, whose true nature has somehow been surpressed completely since she was attacked that night when she was 5 yrs old. Her parents, apparently, were killed by the same evil vampire that Kaname and Shizuka Hiyo are at war with; and Kaname and Yuuki are siblings who were betrothed to each other when they were really young, as that's the tradition for Purebloods. Sounds rather gross, but inbreeding is the only way to retain pedigree, I guess. I don't know how they'll play all of this out in the anime, or what will become of Zero. Maybe Kaname decides he'll remain nothing more than Yuuki's older brother, and leave her and Zero to be happy with each other. He does behave like an overprotective older bro, and he seems even more ferocious in his will to protect Yuuki because of his Pureblood powers. Of course, he can also be seen as acting like an uber-jealous boyfriend. **shrug** we'll see what happens as the show progresses. I'm not inclined to read the manga.

Speaking of reading, I'm plodding along with Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, and I'm really wishing that some Japanese literary geek somewhere had decided to turn the Tales into an anime. Although, he'd have to make really shorten and simplify them so that each of the 24 tales that are told by each pilgrim. Haha! Maybe that's a project I can undertake when I have some time to think about the more fun aspects of the Tales than what my essay topics are. LOL!!
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:12 am

Speaking of reading, I'm plodding along with Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, and I'm really wishing that some Japanese literary geek somewhere had decided to turn the Tales into an anime. Although, he'd have to make really shorten and simplify them so that each of the 24 tales that are told by each pilgrim. Haha! Maybe that's a project I can undertake when I have some time to think about the more fun aspects of the Tales than what my essay topics are. LOL!!
Wasn't there more stories which were never finished? I think I heard somewhere that the author planned to do numerous stories but ended up dying or canning the idea before it was done.

And I did some searching, and found that someone was in the making of a civil war anime, from two years ago, but they never followed through with it heh. The company as well as the plan was scrapped.

Looks like I'll have to create it, with my degree. Seriously the Civil War is so far removed from society that schools hardly even teach it. It wasn't until I became a reenactor and started to research the subject on my own did I learn and have a better understanding of every part of that four year time period. I've had people actually ask me "What does the blue and gray mean?" or "Who won the war the North or the South?" If the majority of people are asking me this, it just shows how damned well our schools are teaching people about this part of history.

I might do it, if I can get my degree, to shed some light on this forgotten era. I'd focus on both sides of the army, with notable regiments. Through the beginning to the end, giving people the real story of how it was.

Though I don't know if many people would watch such an animation.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:54 pm

I would watch it. For the sake of attracting viewership, though, you could reimagine the story of someone of note during the War, but whom people know very little about, and make your story revolve around him/her. Kind of like Le Chevalier D'Eon - it's an anime that's about a true historical character, who's life was completely shrouded in mystery. He was a spy for King Louis XIV, or one of the other French kings before him - whenever it was that the Three Musketeers existed. No one knew his true identity, or even whether he was a man or a woman since he was able to effectively disguise himself as both sexes whenever he wanted. He was either a rather feminine man, or a somewhat manly woman.

And yeah, you're right about Chaucer. His original plan for the Tales was that each of the 29 pligrims + the narrator would tell 2 tales on the way to to Canterbury, and 2 on the way back, making a total of 120 tales in the form of a Frame Narrative. He was trying to copy another volume of tales called the Decameron, which was written by an Italian man named Boccaccio (who was a big part of the early Renaissance in the late 1300s). The Decameron was made up of 100 tales. Boccaccio was one of Chaucer's biggest influences, and he wanted to outdo him with the Canterbury Tales. Unfortunately, he died before he could finish the volume, and so we're only left with a fragmentary version on the Tales - a couple of the stories were even partly destroyed in fires or something, and there are 3 grouped fragments, so no one really knows the correct order they're supposed to appear in - so all of that makes the Tales even more incomplete!
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:40 pm

yeah i knew about yuuki and stuff i read the manga so..........but i still refuse to watch the anime XD

oh and if they were going to make a canterbury tales, they should just finish it while they're at it. i was annoyed when we learned about it last year and i learned that there was supposed to be 120 and only like 20 something were done @_@
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:08 pm

I know a lot of history movies, shows and cartoons mainly focus on one character. Though doing so with the Civil War would leave a stale taste of half learning the actual war. What I mean by that is sometimes a regiment might have a huge role in one of the battles, while in another battle, they wouldn't of even seen any action.

Which came to me planning that to do this right, I'd need to focus on more then 1 regiment, of both armies. For example the 20th Maine, who are famous for their courage at Little Round Top, the second day of fighting at Gettysburg, were not involved in the first or third day of fighting.

Or what most people don't know, the fourth day of fighting, yup there was a fourth day, which is removed from text books and mostly everything. Most people think the battle was over after Picketts Charge.

Though the U.S. Infantry, who fought on day 2 as well, fought on day 4. They arrived to plug in the gap on July 2nd of Sickles Corps who were being decimated. Sickles corps were on top of a hill earlier on day 2. The Union army had a perfect hook pattern, where most of the hills were secured. Though for reasons unknown, he ordered his corps to go down the hill and walk out in a opened field, where he thought was a better position. Most people aren't great strategist when it comes to war, but it goes without saying, the high ground is always better.

Anyways he was now exposed on the left, front and right. The Confederates saw this opportunity and poured division after division towards them. Needless to say the third corps were getting decimated. If the Confederates were to break through, the Union extreme left would be exposed and the 20th Maine's efforts would all be for naught. Hours later after the U.S. Infantry arrived they sent them immediately to plug in the gap Sickles had caused and to save what remained of the third corps.

They succeeded but not without losing 1000 men, of the 3000 who went in the field. They were outnumbered by three divisions to their one. After day 2, they were ordered to pursuit the fleeing Confederates on day 4, there was a severe thunderstorm as they maintained pursuit, which led to a fight during the flailing rain.

With a war such as the Civil War, with details that I have given, it would be impossible to expose each battle by using only one regiment or person. Which is why I've been planning certain regiments from both sides to use, I have a few in mind but need quite some more. Though there will be main characters from each regiment so that viewers will not feel as if they are watching strangers. I've already started to make sketches and plans on my free time, which I don't have much of lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:27 pm

So about anime, I've been interested in some old anime for the time being. I was searching for Dragon Ball, maybe the box set. Though the only box set I know of is the american dubbed version with these really bad edits.

Like if something not suited for kids is shown, like blood or something, they would place a fake foreign object in the scene, that would wiggle and move since they did a poor job with the edit. It kinda ruins the show, I was wondering if any of you knew of a place where I could watch dubbed unedited versions or maybe a box set with those features.

The edits didn't even look as if they were part of the animation, it looked like construction paper, that's how bad it was lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HaruWolf Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:11 pm

^ I don't think that they have dubbed unedited versions of Dragon Ball, I think that you can only find them subbed. I know that they have dubbed box sets of Dragon Ball on Amazon.com, but I'm pretty sure that those are the edited versions.
HaruWolf
HaruWolf
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 248

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:40 pm

there's two company's who dubbed dragon ball. funimation and some other company. you can go on the funimation channel and find out.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  HaruWolf Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:41 pm

^ According to Wikipedia, the other company is called Blue Water Studios.
HaruWolf
HaruWolf
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 248

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:17 pm

are the dragon ball animes really that good? I've never watched a single episode.... The show that pulled me in to the anime world was the Gundam series. I don't know which one exactly, but it's a really old show from that franchise........
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:55 pm

cant wait there will be a new FMA anime follwing the manga this time XD

Earth Bender

Female Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:32 pm

I've seen a few of FMA. The only one I can remember the most though is when that one soldier guy was trying to find a home for a stray dog he found in the rain.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:31 am

aww thas was cute in the manga the dog now outranks him XD. very funny. i think his name is ...3rd liutetnat havoc .

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:56 pm

What? A dog outranking people, that's just stupid! So let me guess, the dogs calling shots at times?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:24 pm

LOL no its more of a joke because he was really helpful and havoc said he should be ranked officer so mustang then says " alright he can be second leitenant and havox yells that outranks me lol but everyone has took it as a real rank lol.

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:34 am

I'm excited. I hope they release the new series soon! Although, I dunno if I'll have the patience to wait for them to dub it too - with LS's fave (Vic Mignona) and all.... plus, I'm totally a convert now - I prefer to watch in Jap. nowadays since a lot of things get lost in translation when it comes to the dubs. I hear the new series will be manga-based, so they probably wont change much in the animation.

I also hear that there was a new InuYasha OVA released over the summer called Kuroi Tessaiga (Black Tessaiga), and potentially more to come to finally end the anime properly - hopefully. The manga apparently just ended at the end of the summer too after 11 years and 558 chapters :S This is one good reason why I don't read manga, I guess..... lol!
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:00 am

well actually they will since they left characters out etc and the manga has a diffrent edge i wil post a picture of lust and you will see her features arent so sharp as in the anime mainly because they animated her diffrently from a lack of manga drawings if you get me ? sort of how fillers never look right ?

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:52 am

Ah, yeah, I get it. Well, we'll see. I'm sure it'll be amazing anyways!

This week, while procrastinating big time, I watched a series called Honey and Clover. Wow. It really got me thinking. It's got such a great slice-of-life story, and really awesome insert songs in almost every episode which just make the show even more beautiful. It's about a group of university students and their relationships with each other and they ways in which they go through self-discovery. Any one heard of/watched it? Apparently it was so successful in Japan that they turned it into a live-action drama, AND made a movie out of it. The songs are my new obsession - they fit my current moods perfectly!
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:00 pm

I'm just waiting on the Naruto Shippuden while watching the rest of the Naruto fillers. Most people complain about the fillers, though I like them, they are like a treat after the full school and work days, as well as the school work/projects/essays. So it gives me an excuse to stop for at least an half hour.

Though I wish that Toonami was still around since they aired two Naruto episodes each Saturday, now it's only one, and that's if the network feels like airing one at all, which is a pain. They need to have a stable airing date again for Naruto.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next