Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4th wall? what's that?

3 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

4th wall? what's that? - Page 38 Empty Re: 4th wall? what's that?

Post  Lee Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:41 pm

i wouldn't have wanted a huge argument. just a simple, someone goes and someone stays. it doesn't have to be overly dramatic. but like i said, they wouldn't have had enough time to resolve that so it makes sense for them to do what they did. im just saying as a spectator, it was a little surprising and somewhat annoying that Katara ended up going with Sokka.
Well it's not until Season 3 that we learn how bitter Katara is about Hakoda leaving Sokka and her. It's been years since she saw her dad, I can understand her wanting to leave Aang at that point. She finally had an ounce of hope that she could see her dad after so many years and Aang almost selfishly ruins that chance.

Your second quote, as for that, I thought I made it clear. It can go both ways. Before Rosso died she could had saved her, even if not reporting Ryuzaki to anyone. So Lee sees that as being selfish, since she did it so that Ryuzaki wasn't taken into custody. Cause then she wouldn't see him again or in the terms that she would like.

And also before, because it took her so long to confess. Seeking forgiveness is one thing, but it must be earned, not given. That's also what got under Lee's skin, because the way he saw it, is that Ai just wanted to be forgiven with no strings attached.

A Ben 10 episode comes into mind, when Ben ignores his grandfathers warnings not to do something. It leads to a really serious situation. In the ending he says that "You're still my grandchild, nothing can change that, but my trust is something you'll have to earn again." Something like that, just paraphrasing of course.

Also only Karin has tried to make up for her wrong doings, Ryuzaki hasn't. Karin also is still stuck between her duty (COAL and rising into the ranks and these new people she just met) So it's not that difficult to see where her loyalty often falls to.

In the FF, I've edited it better, so that it seems more plausible. (About the relic given to Ai) It also wasn't really OOC for Rosso, because like Ai she didn't have that many friends. It was more like a cry out for help to not be alone. That's what I figured out with Rosso's character through most of the RP (at least how I interpreted it)

So she found two people she could relate to and trust. I also thought I made this part clear...anyway I'll sum it up.

Ai thinks she has really close friends with Kozue, Lee, and Roister, and maybe Karin to a lesser extent.

Rosso thought she had friends with Ai and Lee. It worked out with Lee, but for Ai, she kind of shut down her approaches to become good friends. Sort of like how Ai's 'friends' shut down her advances of apologizing.

It's just something that would be interesting if Ai was to remember. Like this is sort of how I treated Rosso, when she tried to befriend me. Because it basically clashes with what the situation is about again, which is Rosso's death.

...I should had read further down, but basically you kind of summed it up in the first few lines. Which leads me to another thing that gets under Lee's skin. The reason for all of Ai's shutting downs (for lack of a better word) all revolved around one thing, Ryuzaki.

Lee doesn't like how Ai is still holding onto him, despite all that he's done to everyone. Especially killing Rosso, even if not by his hands. He planned most of it out after all.

i feel like it's darker and there's something different about the characters. i
Is that bad? Do you not like it as much as once before?

Lee hasn't really changed...the only thing that changed over the years (during the great break fiasco when BS and Susano left us was that my grammar, spelling, and writing greatly improved.

For the most part, I've kept him mostly the same. The only thing that is different, is the way he sees people by what they have done.

Ai on the other hand, has morphed a lot, because of her naivety.

btw, i also had some really weird RP dreams that i am so going to share.
Do it!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18535

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:07 pm

[quote="Lee"]

Well it's not until Season 3 that we learn how bitter Katara is about Hakoda leaving Sokka and her. It's been years since she saw her dad, I can understand her wanting to leave Aang at that point. She finally had an ounce of hope that she could see her dad after so many years and Aang almost selfishly ruins that chance.

yeah, and that's part of the problem with that entire scene. it would have been more powerful had we known that before that scene occurred. you can't really understand where she's coming from until way later. otherwise, it seems a bit out of character since she does call Aang her family in episode 2...

Your second quote, as for that, I thought I made it clear. It can go both ways.

oh ok, i thought for some reason you were referring to one specifically.

And also before, because it took her so long to confess. Seeking forgiveness is one thing, but it must be earned, not given. That's also what got under Lee's skin, because the way he saw it, is that Ai just wanted to be forgiven with no strings attached.

Ai wanted to be punished for what she did. i said that in one of the OOC moments. she did not, however, want to be left behind in Ba Sing Se alone.

im pretty sure (and i could be wrong on this) that after Karin cries to the group, Ai says something along the lines 'prove that we can trust you again'. so, she understands that she isn't going to be forgiven right away. she just wants to know that the group is willing to forgive her. which, from what she has seen so far, the group never seems to be willing to forgive. hence why she was so afraid of telling them.

Also only Karin has tried to make up for her wrong doings, Ryuzaki hasn't. Karin also is still stuck between her duty (COAL and rising into the ranks and these new people she just met) So it's not that difficult to see where her loyalty often falls to.

thats why i said only some people have tried to lol. im not putting Ryuzaki in that category XD. im just saying she believes Karin wants to earn their trust genuinely and wants to be friends again. which is why she lets her try. but she sees the rest of the group really doesnt so it scared her off essentially.

the relic thing i was going by what i remembered from experiencing the RP and not the edits.

Rosso thought she had friends with Ai and Lee. It worked out with Lee, but for Ai, she kind of shut down her approaches to become good friends. Sort of like how Ai's 'friends' shut down her advances of apologizing.

It's just something that would be interesting if Ai was to remember. Like this is sort of how I treated Rosso, when she tried to befriend me. Because it basically clashes with what the situation is about again, which is Rosso's death.

does this mean that Lee, Kozue, and Roister don't see Ai as a close friend before she told them the truth and it's mostly in Ai's head?

because the main difference i would see is, again, this group has been through hell together so it's a bit of a different situation. but yeah, it would definitely be interesting if Ai remembers. it depends on what happens next XD.

...I should had read further down, but basically you kind of summed it up in the first few lines. Which leads me to another thing that gets under Lee's skin. The reason for all of Ai's shutting downs (for lack of a better word) all revolved around one thing, Ryuzaki.

Lee doesn't like how Ai is still holding onto him, despite all that he's done to everyone. Especially killing Rosso, even if not by his hands. He planned most of it out after all.

completely justifiable. i definitely get why Lee would be angry with her.

Is that bad? Do you not like it as much as once before?

i tend to like darker stories in general so no, i don't think it's bad. and i still like the RP. im just saying, i see a change in some of the characters. I haven't seen it with Lee. Roister I'm not sure about. but I definitely see it in Ai and Kozue.

Do it!

I did lol XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17175

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:33 pm

yeah, and that's part of the problem with that entire scene. it would have been more powerful had we known that before that scene occurred. you can't really understand where she's coming from until way later. otherwise, it seems a bit out of character since she does call Aang her family in episode 2...
The Watertribe is about packs, being together, like wolves. They share the value of togetherness and make many people part of the family easily. Communication is strong with them, so I when someone betrays them like Aang did, a lack of communication, it's easily understandable.

About the darker RP part, the reason you probably see it more with Ai is because how she was brought up. Lee lived a life outside of the protection of normal society for well over two years. He's seen it all, deaths, hardships, and all, so he's had time to cope.

With Ai, she's basically been following someone and holding their hand the whole time. Zito, Iroh and Zuko, and now the group. It would actually be interesting how she would manage and learn in BaSingSe alone, although she probably wouldn't know what to do and starve to death or something.

Even if you don't bring it up with Ai, I think I'm going to work the Rosso bit in the FF. It would really make for an interesting piece.

does this mean that Lee, Kozue, and Roister don't see Ai as a close friend before she told them the truth and it's mostly in Ai's head?
Whose says this is real? Maybe we're all having the same dream and when we wake up we die...brick'd. Anyway I just meant how Lee is pissed off at what she's done, so his trust for her has decreased.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:42 pm

[quote="Lee"]

With Ai, she's basically been following someone and holding their hand the whole time. Zito, Iroh and Zuko, and now the group. It would actually be interesting how she would manage and learn in BaSingSe alone, although she probably wouldn't know what to do and starve to death or something.

lol yes, she probably would XD.

Whose says this is real? Maybe we're all having the same dream and when we wake up we die..

we're dreaming? O_O don't scare me like that lol XD

d
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:06 pm

That was a quote from Red Dead Redemption. The crazy grave digging freak, who I talked about, says it.

Whys that scare you? Does it remind you of that Inception movie?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:19 pm

^ i was kidding about being scared lol. and that concept goes all the way back to Alice in Wonderland actually and probably further.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:22 pm

What? Does Alice die when she wakes up?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:26 pm

No, the concept of wondering whether or not life is a dream and someday you'll actually wake up from that dream and realize you were in a dream the whole time. it's one of the main ideas in Through the Looking Glass.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:23 pm

I now know what I'm going to get you for your birthday Ai, a GPS... Razz
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:24 pm

It's LS that needs the GPS, not me. I know exactly where I'm going.

Hey Ai, where are you now?

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:35 pm

Ha! Fat chance! You would get lost in a paper bag.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:44 pm

You don't have to rub it in....
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:55 pm

...Recalculating. :P
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:15 pm

okay, seriously, who is that!?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:16 pm

You know, those GPS systems.

Recalculating (In disappointed tone)
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:17 pm

oh....
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Looks like I'm going to have to recharge your GPS...

*...Fails at Inactivity joke.*
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:16 pm

yes, that does fail. considering i've been on everyday...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:19 pm

No what really fails is that you resort to putting little pet weasels in danger.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:37 pm

that idea does NOT fail. there have been countless movies that do the same thing. and i said when the danger dies down!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Zfish is really missing some good stuff! I told you guys in due time that the RP would pick up nicely, didn't I?

Hits rewind button.

Oh boy! I'm watching it again, just to rub it in!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:41 pm

i actually have a couple of comments.

1. i re-saw one of the posts i made as a joke that ba sing se would get captured soon. and then it happened and i didn't even realize it happened XD.

2. i think im becoming way too obsessed with Tangled because im seeing connections all over the damn place.

3. omg these plot twists are so exciting!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:49 pm

I know about #1...I actually thought you would realize it cause you were the one to mention it earlier on lol.

What plot twists are you liking? And what parts are you seeing in Tangled? I'm curious if you have the time or want to explain it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:05 am

yeah, no, i didn't even remember that joke XD.

i just like the fact that everything is being blatantly explained so we know what's going on. i also think the idea of mentioning Lee going to the boiling rock and group potentially being separated even more is very suspenseful. and the whole ba sing se being taken over was a twist for me lol.

well, with Tangled, Kozue and Ai went into a tunnel and Flynn and Rapunzel do something similar except I think it was a mining tunnel or something. The other thing though that made me really think of Tangled was when Azula said she would break the hosts spirits at the Boiling Rock. i thought it was funny because if Ai ever got to the boiling rock, i think she would really like it at first because she'd be surrounded by people that are from the Fire Nation. and then that whole idea of Ai being surrounded by Fire Nation thugs reminded me of this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_hRsOiTYm8.

the only thing that i dont like is that new post where Ryuzaki's being an ass. and im only saying this because for the past like...two hours or so in between posting i was working on a fanfiction where Ryuzaki's not an ass and now I don't want to work on it anymore because he's being a jerk. and, i actually put this fanfiction off because i came up with the idea before the last 'Ryuzaki's being an ass' post.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:26 am

Yeah I hate to break it to you Ai, but Boiling Rock ain't going to be like that at all...

So if everything is being blatantly explained, can you explain it to me in your own words? I'm still getting the impression that you're not actually getting it by your wording.

You can still make the fiction right? I mean it always can just be an AU chapter if it's set in this time frame...sorry though. I didn't know you were working on a new fiction for that many hours.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next