Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask A Character

4 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ask A Character - Page 11 Empty Re: Ask A Character

Post  Lee Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:26 pm

Ok, afterwords the same question falls onto you.

He knows how to use a boomerang for one. I tried and I can't get those things to return. I did once, but I never figured out how to do it again. It might just be the boomerangs I use, maybe they suck I don't know.

Secondly he's good with a sword. I've picked up one before, but I never really tried to actually use one.

Also I'm more cautious, Lee possibly isn't as cautious as I am. I'm not afraid, I just know what can happen when I'm doing certain risky things and I tend to take my time.

I can't say never giving up or liking challenges is a trait that isn't mine, since it is. I often struggle with things, but I get great satisfactions out of completing a task.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18535

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Ai doesn't think things through either. I do though. Sometimes I believe I think things through a little too much. My plans can go up to plan E or F....yeah.

She also trusts people more easily than I do. I never really trusted people but now that I'm surrounded by nicer people I don't really have this problem. Ai still trusts people more than I do though.

Ai's also really loud a majority of the time. I'm usually really quiet. Unless I'm surrounded by fellow geeks =p. Then I can be just as loud as Ai.

Ai doesn't like the fact she's small. Granted, when I first created her I didn't like being small either. But now I like being small. So that's a new difference.

That's all I can think of...the major differences anyway.

oh and my question was meant for everyone so Zfish, you can answer when you read this.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17175

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:52 pm

Ai doesn't think things through either.
Lee thinks things through, he's just quick on his feet and sometimes formulates the plan as it's happening.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:00 pm

oh im sorry ^^;
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:04 pm

I often make plans and make sure everything is in place to the last speck. I could probably get away without being so perfectionist like, but I make sure to have my plan ready so that when I work everything's in order and I know the outcome.

Lately I've been loosening up a little and seeing how plans turn out when I work with planning on the go.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:22 pm

im the same way to the point where it haunts me if it isn't perfect.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:26 pm

I'm not like that, I will try my hardest, but the way it turns out, as long as it doesn't look like it went through WW2, I'm happy.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:20 pm

Roister is actually very similar to me... but there are a few differences between him and I.

For starters, I don't have narcolepsy Laughing but seriously, Roister speaks less then I do, and quieter. I tend to talk more around my friends then Roister, but seeing how Roister doesn't really talk much, I guess that's not saying much. I'm also just as sarcastic as Roister, but I don't say half the comments that come to mind. I actually know that there's a time and a place for it, and when to not say anything.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Did any of you had original intentions for your characters but found them developing in a different way? If so, how?

If I've asked this question already, my bad.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:09 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by that...could you give an example? How could I not have control over what a character did...it's in my mind after all...I think I'm just confused.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:28 pm

Like for Ai, I originally wanted her to be a good fighter but found it didn't make sense for her to be one. That's just a basic example. I was thinking along the lines of more internal stuff. Did you originally want them to be a specific type of person but then found that they were becoming someone else? Does that help? I'll try to think of better examples in the meantime.

EDIT: okay i came up with a better example. For instance, I never imagined Kazuya to have as much personality as he does now. He was more like a "just there for the sake of Ai" character. But then I gave him his own little "spin off" story where he had a more definite personality and now he's integrated into Ai's story more than I ever thought he would be.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:44 pm

I updated my post with a slightly better example.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:04 pm

Well I suppose you can say the same about the whole Distant Voyages chapters. I knew that Lee trained during his travels a lot and had a master. He was fanatical about training so he could become better to match the descriptions of the parents he never knew. So in a way they're just tall tales to him and he's trying to reach the same level of perfection and or possibly pass them.

So Ichiro and his bandits didn't really have much background in the whole scheme of the Avatar universe until I made Distant Voyages and ground the rough edges. I knew that Lee and him never knew each other growing up until recently in the last two years or so, but it wasn't very developed. Just like any other story, you work your way up, nothing is complete at the beginning. People like Ichiro, Kaisui, Kazanbai, Yaiba, and Rosuto were on the list for some of bandits, but they were just listed, when I made the story I gave them personalities.

Also I thought about taking away Lee's goofy side as the story progressed, but I like comical characters that can joke even in the worst of times, and it's not that kind of dark humor that people shake their heads to. So yeah I changed my mind...I also added his humor in the latest edits of the fan fiction so that showed more.

During most of the threads, like battle 1 for example, I felt that I wasn't allowed to RP in there even though I wanted to because it wasn't my battle. No one else who was supposedly watching the fight interacted about it so I just figured. Well the only one was Rosso, but she was a dramaqueen.

Lee good job with our battle! *passes out*
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:22 am

^ I was wondering how much the bandits were developed at the beginning. Their personalities are so distinct it's hard to believe they were just names at the way beginning.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:31 am

Well Ichiro is really the only one I bothered to give most detail at the beginning. The others were there so to speak to show Ichiro's numbers in his bandits, but to also label those who weren't just mere sell swords.

I knew Lee needed a master and I knew Ichiro also needed a master of some kind so I created both a hollow version of Kazanbai and Kaisui. I also knew that they needed one of their first time followers who was somewhat like a right hand man so that's where Yaiba came in. And Rosuto she was there to even out the numbers, I didn't like four, it's always a three or five man team...I kid I kid, there's reasons for her to. Like the fact that bandits are somewhat sneaky and since she's the youngest and smallest she was used to spy and the such.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:18 pm

I think it's interesting how you came up with your characters based on practicality. Most of my characters came from inspiration. Except Lee. I'm not entirely sure where he came from to be honest =p.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:43 pm

Well you based yours off of practicality to. They really didn't have any fine and smooth edges until they had their own story. Before that they were just used so that Ai had parents who were listed in the Avatar Universe.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:51 pm

If i ever get around to making more of a backstory for Roister, i'm sure this'll happen...
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:00 pm

If you do you should focus on his time in Omashu, before it was attacked. I think it would be interesting to see how he interacted with a peaceful non-Fire Nation ruled world...well you get what I mean.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:13 pm

Ai's parents were the only exceptions to needing a character for practicality. Everyone else came from inspiration including Ai herself. I'm sure I came up with Lee from an inspiration but I don't know where his origins are. That's what I meant, anyway. Even the very minor people like Wani came from some sort of inspiration rather than practicality.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:05 pm

Everyone else came from inspiration including Ai herself.
I sure hope so...

Inspiration is often overrated. It's full of crazy ideas that are flooded in ones mind and they think it's flawless until they try to stick it on paper.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:26 pm

^ i usually work the opposite. im inspired by something small and i come up with small thoughts of inspiration. then ive got to somehow connect the small bits of inspiration into one coherent entity. it's usually ive got the beginning and the end but i dont know what to stuff it with XD. only my really stupid/crazy ideas flood my mind. and i usually come up with those out of sheer silliness rather than inspiration =p.

actually, this rp is a rare exception on almost all levels of my train of thought. ive come up with some pretty crazy stuff out of inspiration as you said. it's weird. for me, anyway.

I don't know if I asked this but characters, if you could bend any element what would it be and why?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:58 am

I don't know... i think i'd like to e a waterbender... they always seem to have the coolest moves...

Roister...if i had made you a waterbender, you'd be saying the same thing about earthbenders.

but you have more room for imagination with waterbenders. with earthbenders, it's Earth wall. throw rock. throw bigger rock. repeat. with waterbending, you could make ice weapons, make water whips, make a miniature waterfall if you had enough water...

hell roister, you could make rock weapons, except you have no idea how the hell to use any of them! you also have an unlimited amount of earth for you to use!

Yeah... but any Rock weapons are heavy...

and ice weapons would break easily. face it, you're an earth bender, live with it.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:15 am

I bet you can't do this!

Ask A Character - Page 11 Fart-fire
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:01 pm

I'd like to be an air bender. I want to be able to fly like they do!

And then you can shave the top portion of your head.

Nooooooo I like my hair!!!!!
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next