Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime

+2
zfish9
Lee
6 posters

Page 25 of 44 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 44  Next

Go down

Anime - Page 25 Empty Re: Anime

Post  Lee Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:27 pm

The creator really ruined his character. I'm not a big fan of him, but his character seemed believable in the original Naruto. In Shippuden, it falled apart to some cliche villain.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18535

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:36 pm

^yeah i know. in the first part, the thing that was getting Sasuke down was vengeance and it was slowly consuming him. i can never get tired of the vengeance consuming characters. but Sasuke is becoming ridiculous. part of what makes the vengeance-driven characters interesting is that they either 1. know that what they're doing isn't the best option but are doing it anyway or 2. they're so sick and twisted that they can easily justify why they're doing what they're doing and it becomes a mind game with another character. Sasuke is neither so I think it's just boring to read. it was never brought to its full potential in my opinion.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17175

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:43 pm

In the beginning Sasuke did lean more towards the first option, but then in the Shippuden his character just seemed dry and lacking. Maybe it's just the English voice actor, but there's no emotion to it, like there was in the first.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:47 pm

^ yeah, that's what i mean. he did that in the first show (at least in the manga) but then the year skip came and he just became 'the villain'. which is stupid.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:11 pm

I did find the fifth box set for 10 bucks, unopened. I figured I'd buy it being that cheap. Hopefully they focus on other things then Sasuke this time...whoops I mean Sasgay.

Also been counting down the days for the next episodes of One Piece to be released. One more month! Sure I can go and watch the subs online, but I've grown to like the English voices...also I don't like reading text when action is going on.

I really don't want to have to rewind online, especially because it constantly freezes and buffers what's already been loaded.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:16 pm

im still trying to get the Tsubasa Chronicle OVAs. I looked at the con but I couldn't find the right ones I was looking for. I might just order it over rightstuff. they have VERY good sales. it's like half price.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:21 pm

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I bought the first boxset to Cyborg 009 years ago. They were supposed to release the next sets in a timely order, but then they just randomly pulled them from the shelves. I've been looking for them forever.

Oh yeah and Kappa Mikey, I want to watch that dumb show again.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:23 pm

maybe they never released them.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:25 pm

They did, but stopped for some reason. Years back when I did a search they were about 100 bucks. I wasn't going to pay that much for 13 episodes.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:47 pm

oh wait, you want DVDs 1 and 2? cause they're on right stuff for like $50 i think
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:39 pm

Yeah there's also a third and fourth, but I haven't had any luck finding them anywhere, not even online...at least I think there is.

Just like with King of the Hill they were supposed to release all the sets, but stopped at Season 6. 7 was supposed to be out a few years back, which it happened to do for a little while, but then they stopped production of it. You'll pay an arm and leg for either series now lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:56 am

then i honestly have no idea. but hey, i feel your pain. there are so many shows that i want that have never had a DVD release. House of Mouse, Gargoyles, Rugrats, etc. at least, not where the entire series was released.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:20 am

As of now I can live with all those not being released, but if they stop releasing the One Piece boxsets, there's going to be hell to pay.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:38 pm

gargoyles i dont have to worry so much about because all the episodes are online XD its the ones that aren't that kind of annoys me.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:01 am

I remember that old show. I watched it a few times...I can't even remember much about it. Except that some chubby gargoyle constantly ate peppers...I think.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:27 pm

as a kid, i only saw the first couple of episodes. i didnt get the disney channel until after the show was over. but i collected gargoyles stuff and the trailer for the show was pretty badass.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:04 pm

Luckily with Cyborg 009, I finally found a website that hosted all of the episodes. Of course quality online is often fuzzy and blurred, so it's not the same as watching it digitally enhanced. Beggars can't be choosers though...damn now I need to find that site again.

It's like this one book that's out of print. It's the only Civil War book that actually has any credible information on the unit I portray (which is overshadowed in the history of the Civil War when it should not had been due to all they had sacrificed and accomplished during it's time.)

The only place I've found it is on Amazon for $300. The people reselling them can get away with that because it's out of print. The author really needs to print a few more copies, because there are so many demands for it (at least from what I've seen on comments on Amazon reviews and elsewhere online) They'd actually make a good profit.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:01 pm

yeah, i hate that out of print crap. Lewis Carroll's diaries are out of print too T_T.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 am

http://www.amazon.com/Lewis-Carrolls-Diaries-Journals-Surviving/dp/0904117073

Is it this book? Cause you can buy it on Amazon, but it's not cheap.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:35 am

^ yup, that's the one. it's out of print from my understanding. and no, im not spending $140 on a book. as much as i like Lewis Carroll, it's not worth it at this point. im hoping the Alice craze people are still going through gets the book re-published.

anyway, im FINALLY going to get to see Tokyo Revelations dubbed. Seriously, I searched the convention this weekend for it and couldn't find it at all. But now I found it on my library's website so I ordered it!

i also want to watch the following at some point:

D-Gray Man
Darker Than Black
Monster
Baccano

one of the greatest things about cons is I get serious about watching anime again XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:02 am

They need an anime or animation on the Civil War. That would be so badass.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:03 pm

^ if FMA couldn't handle continuity with WWI and WWII, I don't want them touching the Civil War lol.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:24 pm

Wait what? FMA is about the World Wars? Well I mean a animation about the Civil War without the addition of fantasy or magic. They don't need that stuff to make it interesting. It was and would be unique on its own.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:25 pm

no but there was a segment where they went to WWI / WWII. im still confused by the whole time line.

but yeah, if someone did adequate research then it would be cool.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:19 pm

I guess I'll just have to do it. *Cracks fingers.*

Anyway, I started to watch the fifth box set of Naruto Shippuden, it's actually getting a lot better. Mostly it's because Sasuke isn't mentioned in the slightest. Naruto and Sakura emoed over him way too much in the last boxset. This one is actually better and retains the good comedy that the original Naruto had.

I think that might be because Rock Lee showed up, but I just like his goofiness.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 44 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34 ... 44  Next