Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies

+4
karin
HaruWolf
Lee
Loyal Subject
8 posters

Page 18 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

Movies - Page 18 Empty Re: Movies

Post  Lee Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:49 am

I haven't watched either movie, but I really have no desire to. Maybe during a rainy day or something I might. Anyway it sounds like you really had a good time and glad you did! Nothing is better then watching a movie which doesn't leave you disappointed as if you've wasted two hours of your life.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18533

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:51 am

I've seen the trailers for Inception and I think I'm going to watch it eventually. If it really is that much better than the trailers, then I really want to see it.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Shutter Island is more like Alan Wake where is a psychological thriller. I don't know if I'd call it horror but it's pretty close to it.

Inception is...I don't know. I can't think of any movie that compares to it. I've seen it's labeled as a sci-fi thriller but that doesn't fit the movie. I guess it's kind of like the Matrix but even that doesn't fully define it. And yes, it is so much better than the trailers. Most of the scenes shown in the trailers aren't even the main focus of the story.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Yeah I've heard good reviews on that movie as well and the sad thing is I've never actually caught a trailer of it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:32 pm

^ me neither. i only saw the trailer online. other than that, i havent seen really anything on it. maybe like two tv spots. though, i think Inception is a movie where you have to rely heavily on word of mouth because the trailers just can't capture what it's about decently.

ive been reading all these crazy theories about what happened online. it makes me want to go see it again. im also on the lookout for a spinning top like in the movie XD. yeah, its becoming an obsession. i found promotional tops but they don't look like the one in the movie...and people are trying to sell them for like $90 O_o.

the last few minutes ive also been reading on M. Night and his comments on Last Airbender. I also read about a fight he had with Disney over Lady in the Water because the person he worked closely with didn't get Lady in the Water so he didn't want to make the movie with Disney. Now, I don't know if anyone has seen the movie, but Lady in the Water is one of those movies where the trailer makes the movie look awesome but then you see the movie and wonder why you wanted to see the movie so bad in the first place. I mean, I remember wanting to see Lady in the Water because it was an M. Night movie and I ended up not liking it.

anyway, M. Night apparently doesn't get why people don't like Airbender and he said something about how he's not going to change his style and stuff. while i think that's good that he isn't going to let critics get to him, he also clearly needs to at least LISTEN to what people are saying about his movies and at least take what they say into consideration. i mean, he sounds like he can't take any form of criticism which is bad. because Airbender had a lot of mistakes that shouldn't have been made. he needs to wake up to reality and realize all his works aren't going to be perfect with just him doing everything. i can understand with Lady in the Water how he stood firmly by it but Airbender he really needs to listen to criticism and at least take the criticism into consideration. i mean, i dont know if anyone here has seen it yet, but i wouldn't even recommend it to anyone. just see it if you're a fan simply because you're a fan.

the end XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:35 pm

Rant Thread this way >

Anyway, you can't blame it all on Night, some of the Last Airbender actors were just sucky. I haven't watched the movie though.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Honestly, some of the actors that are in the movie are genuinely good actors. It's the director's job to make sure the actors are giving the best performances. Granted, I can't blame him if the child actor's were terrible but he could have gotten better performances out of the other actors. Plus, M. Night chose all of the cast so it was his gamble to choose child actors that couldn't act. and it's his fault when they fail.

normally, it wouldn't be all the director's fault. but because M. Night does almost everything when it comes to his movies, a majority of it is his fault.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:46 pm

It's so easy to play the blame game.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:52 pm

it is when M. Night is doing almost everything in his movies. I mean, I admire the fact that he is a part of the entire movie making process for the most part since that's basically what i did for my school projects. but he just needs to consider criticism and not just flat out ignore it. you need an outsider's opinion sometimes. especially that script. some of the dialogue was just pure awful.

anyway.......

Inception. lol XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:54 pm

well...

i have been reading theories on Inception. which only makes me want to see the movie even more.

i also got my mom to rent Memento which is another 'thinker' movie by Chris Nolan and we'll be watching that hopefully tomorrow.

and then tonight I've been watching Cuckoo's Nest. But I was so engrossed with Inception theories, that I completely missed my favorite part of the movie! Of course, I'm also distracting myself now because I'm at my least favorite part of the movie where the main character is forced to undergo shock therapy and has a seizure from it x_x.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:08 pm

To once again illustrate how long it takes me to see a movie, I just saw Wall-E today. It was a good movie and I enjoyed the ending a lot.
Spoiler:
I also liked the parts with M.O., that cleaning robot.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:17 pm

MO! I love MO XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCQxbx30TI0

I actually haven't seen Wall-E. I just recently saw some parts of Ratatouille, which was on last night.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:20 pm

zfish9 wrote:To once again illustrate how long it takes me to see a movie, I just saw Wall-E today.
Being sick I watched this because I found it at my library. It was actually pretty good. I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was, but it was great.

I liked the cleaning robot MO and the chainsaw masseuse dude. He was cool, I'm not sure if he was supposed to be a growling animal or a reeved up chainsaw, but either works.

I really liked how he went gungho on the Halt bots.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:29 pm

Saw the Social Network.

What I didnt mention in my dA review is I did feel a tad bit cheated. Only because the song they used in the trailer was so good and it made it seem as though the movie was going to be moving and make me want to get a facebook. But instead it was just about how much of an ass the creator is. I don't know, I'm a little unhappy about that.

But if the trailer had made it seem less moving...I would have liked the movie. I do like the movie. There are some pretty funny moments and the acting is pretty amazing. Who knew Justin Timberlake could act? And, either Brenda Song (who is notorious for being one of those crappy characters on Suite Life of Zack and Cody) got acting lessons or something because she was good. Granted, she was good before Zack and Cody but still...

I would not go see this movie again though lol. Its one of those movies that I can acknowledge is good but it's not really my taste. Inception is still my favorite movie this year. And Toy Story 3.

And did you see the short Burn E? It goes through the events of Wall E but through the robot that gets stuck outside's point of view. It's really funny XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:34 pm

Yeah I saw that one to, it was cute. Working with construction I know how that little fella feels when things just don't go right.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:45 pm

Oh yeah I also watched Beauty and the Beast on Blu Ray last night which was awesome. But the font on the DVD is like microscopic if you watch it on a traditional square tv so it was kind of hard to figure out what i wanted to watch x_x
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:35 pm

I watched a few seconds of a movie called Cloverfield last night. I don't know if any of you watched that movie, but it's like Godzilla attacks New York or something.

I laughed at the part where the Statue of Liberty's head falls into the street and everyone's like "Oh ok I'm a dumb retard, let me take pics instead of running away" Serves em right to be squashed. Than I changed the channel.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:23 pm

Ive never seen it but my mom said it was dumb =p. I tend to not like the mockumentary style of film making when they do a 'horror' movie...cause it's not scary lol XD.

yesterday, i watched part of V for Vendetta and i want to watch the rest of it. it was really interesting.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:13 pm

It wasn't really scary, it was pretty funny. The whole time it's just some guy filming screaming Oh my god!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:16 pm

^ yeah, that's what i figured XD. blair witch project, paranormal activity, etc. are not scary. i dont get why they are so popular.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:18 pm

I thought you said that one movie gave you nightmares.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:25 pm

which one? paranormal activity 2's trailer gave me nightmares. the sound did...anyway...when i actually watched the trailer it wasn't that scary...just the music was. i dont remember getting nightmares from paranormal activity...if i did though, my nightmares were way scarier than the crap that was on the screen. i didnt even watch the whole movie...i just skipped to the night parts XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:39 pm

Yeah you said you were ashamed that you were scared of it and couldn't sleep.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:29 pm

oh yeah that was the 2nd one. the trailer anyway. and possibly the first one.

i read the summary for the second movie and it sounds stupid...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum