Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The News Thread

+3
zfish9
HaruWolf
Lee
7 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The News Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The News Thread

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:17 pm

....what the hell O_o.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:33 pm

I never did deliver her message. Although she did come out of the store later when we were working outside. She started to shout some things to the boss, but he didn't hear them. I knew it was something about Satan's waiting for you.

Although she's just an example of how people stereotype construction workers. I don't care for it. People always say if you're not black or whatever you don't know what being stereotype is about, which is total bogus. Once you slap on your dirty clothes and hardhat, heads will roll.

Everyone sees construction workers as beneath them. People who couldn't get a job anywhere else because they're poor, criminals, or whatever. If you're a construction worker you don't have an education, hell you probably don't even know what that word even means.

People always give you the stink eye if your in the city or somewhere in the public doing a job. A lot will walk by with their noses up like your inferior or you're going to jump them for some crack money. And don't even stray away from the job site, not even to buy a drink or something. God forbid if you do that cause walking around like a human is so taboo.

Yeah...just wanted to say my two cents.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:53 pm

^ ive heard a completely different stereotype. ive never heard construction workers being called unintelligent or having no education or having to be a certain race. i always hear "they make more money than i do". which is true a decent part of the time. "handymen" usually make more money than a professor or office person would because you're always going to need people to build things, you're always going to need people to fix things. in a general office position, there's no skill involved when working there. you can learn it easily. and in this country, you can pretty much pull anyone off the street and make them a teacher.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Well maybe most of them are just throwing a blanket of lies on themselves to hide the truth of how jealous they are.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:58 pm

you mean the people who look at construction workers poorly? either that or it's just ignorance. it's weird because handymen are part of the working class but teachers are part of the middle class (which is above working class). but teachers make less....

at least that's what i learned in social issues =D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Oh well, from what I've heard America is doing worst then most educations around the world. I think that might have to do something with all the immigrated foreigners who refuse to learn the most used language though.

You can't have a class of students who all know different languages. That's just going to end up with failure. I remember buying a Mario game a few years back. The instruction manual was like the size of a dictionary since it had every single page for a different language.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:39 pm

America is doing worse. I don't think it's because of the language factor though. yeah, people really need to learn how to speak english but there's more factors. like, the state assessments for one. we don't have a method to assess students on a more individual level and because of that, students are getting placed in the wrong classes. some schools are also set up where if you need serious help in one subject, all your subjects have to be treated as though you need serious help when that isn't the case at all for most students. plus, a lot of teachers don't even teach their subject and a lot aren't even certified teachers and just got the job because they knew a lot in a particular subject. that doesnt mean they can teach the material.

there's also money issues where the money isn't going equally to schools. so one school in the same area will have little to no resources while the other school will be more advanced. so obviously the kids that are in the school with no resources aren't going to do as well or have as many opportunities.

that's all i remember from social issues anyway XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:49 pm

You sure learned a lot in that class.

I still think that people not knowing the necessary language doesn't help. For example a lot of immigrations from the south west come from Mexico. They often come here illegally and without knowing much English.

So a lot of children in the West don't know English, in which case they are either stuck with English speaking children and one has to be hindered at a slower pace because the others can't speak English. Some teacher has to go over the same thing twice for both.

That's probably like an hour wasted and if you add all that time up, it's time all the children could had used to learn necessary stuff.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:56 pm

It also depends on where the school is. In New York, the schools are great acceptable, even in the poor counties. however, in states like North Carolina, where one of my friends used to live, what they are learning in the 9th, 10th grade is what I learned 7th grade.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:58 pm

They just need to start steadily working in a set education for all of United States. Bypass all the whiners and stupid laws.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:37 pm

actually, for language barriers, our school has ESL where they teach the kids who can't speak English separately until they learn English well enough to be in with everyone else. they should have that for all schools.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:39 pm

Yeah that's what they do need. I just know what I saw on the TV once, where it went into detail about how they had to go through all the trouble I stated.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:40 pm

yeah that's stupid if not all schools have that.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:15 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38968296/ns/us_news-environment/

A sick whale in Australia is euthanized with explosives.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:16 pm

^ they really need to come up with better solutions other than just shooting and setting explosives on animals. why can't they use lethal injections on smaller animals like when you have to put your animal to sleep?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:21 pm

The lethal injection is no less peaceful. I've seen many instances where the injection causes the animal to vomit, urinate, and excrete uncontrollably until they die.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:56 pm

^ yeah but is that because the vet didn't use enough or does it just happen to some animals? i know that didn't happen when my cat was put to sleep. but that's the only animal that ive had put to sleep that way.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:02 pm

The whale was close to dead as it was. Putting it to sleep wouldn't fix their solutions since it would still pose a problem from it's size. They needed to remove it and so they decided to blow it to bits instead.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:21 pm

i still think thats messed up. even if there really isnt any other solution, its still pretty messed up...someone should invent something to help beached whales that has a higher success rate.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:56 am

Really late reply, but this is how they should remove whales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2NUVvt4R3g
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:27 pm

^ exactly. We should hire Superman to fix this problem of beached whales.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:49 am

Not Superman, Hancock.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:12 pm

Will Smith? Okay, we can get him to erase people's memories for us too. Just for the fun of it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:37 pm

That clip was from Hancock. I never really watched the whole thing, but that was the best part of it.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:17 pm

oh. i thought it was a commercial for some reason XD.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next