Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Go down

Avatar Theme Party HELP! Empty Avatar Theme Party HELP!

Post  charlaine2124 Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:41 am

So... My friends have turned my end-of-exam-rave into a 'Lets all dress up as ATLA characters and have shipping wars' rave, and I have to say I am INSANELY excited.

Now that we've finished fighting over who gets to go as Zutara (I'm Painted Lady and She's Katara... and our boyfriends are Blue and Zuko respectively...) I'm thinking that we need some good themed activities. We're going to collectively flame the Movie for a while, but we'll need something to cheer us up afterwards. I was considering a Pai Sho tournament, but making the board and playing pieces is likely to take a while. I have also looked into some traditional Air/Earth/Fire/Water dishes, but am open to suggestion if anyone has a link to someone who's done something like this before.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions ;)
charlaine2124
charlaine2124
Non-Bender

Female Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Avatar Theme Party HELP! Empty Re: Avatar Theme Party HELP!

Post  Lee Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:47 am

The game Four Nations might be easier to make up, but I'm not entirely sure about the rules. They never really went into detail with the show, but Avatar Wiki may or may not have that information. I'll have to dig it up if it does.

lol you could play this game to. We made it up for our Avatar site, it's called Swords and Shields. It's a game that was spawned by the 100 year long war and the Fire Nation's culture.

http://www.avatarepisodesrp.com/t284-swords-and-shields-a-tictactoe-game

I'd try to come up with simple activity games. Sounds neat about your costume making. Would love to join a party like that (other then around Halloween) One of my favorite hobbies is making different costumes for Halloween.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  charlaine2124 Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:14 am

The issue with simple games is that we're all massive nerds, and need something to pit ourselves against. This is the group of friends who are together creating their own warhammer-esque game just for lulz... I think I'm just going to have to commit and make a Pai Sho board... I think one of my friends has already learned the rules in anticipation... Or we can just mix fanon and play Cripple Mr Onion for a while ;)
charlaine2124
charlaine2124
Non-Bender

Female Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Why not make up some kind of Avatar chess type game to go along with your PaiSho game? Depending on how long you want this party to be, I'd have more then one game to go around.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:43 pm

play a drinking game with non alcoholic beverages as you watch TLA. or, make people have to do something stupid every time a certain cliche is used.

Like, for one person, they have to do said activity every time Zhao mentions the secret library.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Play with boomerangs outside and see who can get one to return the best (or catch it if they're that good)
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down