Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Heads Up

2 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

A Heads Up - Page 2 Empty Re: A Heads Up

Post  Lee Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:31 am

What do you think about a big A and E, for Avatar Episodes, which would be like AE. Then we could have the entire forums name spelled out fully in really small text.

Or maybe we could have it like Avatar Episodes.

Or we could just spell it out without anything like Avatar Episodes, but I don't know if that would be eye-catching enough.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:15 pm

my only issue with Avatar Episodes as the name is that Avatar Episodes as a title is somewhat misleading. it made sense back in the beginning because we used to host illegal episodes of Avatar for download. but now, it's more of an RP site than anything else. which was why i was suggesting just to call it Avatar RP.

but if you want it as Avatar Episodes, I agree that it should be capital A and a capital E with the full name underneath. I think that's the best.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:31 pm

But Avatar RP is kind of lame, it just doesn't capture the same kind of appeal that Avatar Episodes did. Maybe we should come up with a new title then.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:43 pm

I have no sense of what's a good name and what's a bad name. im just picking what fits the genre of the forum.

though i do agree, AE sounds so much better than ARP.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:00 pm

ARP just makes me think of something a crazy person would scream out. Arp Arp! Well if you think of anything, just let me know.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:14 pm

it reminds me of AARP :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:15 pm

What's that short for? It also reminds me of LARP which is like RolePlaying in real life.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:19 pm

i dont know i just know they do something with older people lol.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Oh right that retirement thing. Anyway I was thinking about our title.

Because we're now branching out to more different RolePlays that don't relate to Avatar, topics that don't, even though we still have Avatar discussions and RPs, do you think we should have a title that wraps them all together as one?

Because Avatar RP kind of generalizes it too much and leaves everything else out, especailly when we paste RP on it. Avatar also can be so broad, like some might mistake it for James Cameron's Avatar.

Which got me thinking if we want to keep it Avatar TLA related, maybe we should think more about it. Key words like Bender, The Four Nations, and so on can also be used to make it sound more interesting. Let's face it, Avatar and RP combined sounds so dull and ERPF just sounds goofy as hell.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:31 pm

right.

i think because we dont have that many RPers, we shouldnt really generalize it just yet. because if you generalize it, it just makes coming up with a name more difficult. and it might confuse people as to what we are. if people are going to RP, they're usually looking to RP for a specific show or thing.

im trying to think if theres a way to make it Avatar in the title but to also have some sort of key word that basically says 'not the blue people Avatar'

really, James Cameron totally screwed this fanbase in terms of identifying ourselves and Nick didn't help by just standing down :p
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:34 pm

I find it humorous that Night couldn't even use Avatar in his movie once Cameron muscled in. The movie sucked yeah, but Cameron totally did an asshole move. (If that was up to him that is)

Like maybe we could make the name like words that sound catchy, but don't relate to the show fully...words like Paradise, Haven, or something.

Maybe like The Four Nation's Paradise. Yeah not that great, but you get the point.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:44 pm

^ It wasn't James Cameron's fault entirely.

First of all, just because Cameron was like 'you cant use my title wtf' doesn't mean his statement held any merit. Because it doesn't. They could have easily called it 'Avatar the Last Airbender' if they wanted to and it would have been fine. Because Cameron doesn't own the word 'Avatar'. the only thing he can possibly own is the way the logo Avatar looks. but as soon as you put something other than just the word 'Avatar' in the title of something, his argument is completely invalid. Nick could have easily argued against it or had just been like 'f-you' and used Avatar the Last Airbender as a title. but for whatever reason, Nick didn't want to go that route and just changed the name.

they probably didn't think it would have been worth it to fight over it. when if they had fought over it, they would have won. saying you can't use the word Avatar is like saying the new movie Snow White and the Huntsman has to take out the words Snow White because Disney has a movie called Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It makes no sense. i heard they're even changing Avatar: The Legend of Korra to The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra. but i dont know if this is true yet.

basically, Nick makes stupid business decisions.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:43 pm

All stupidity aside, we still need to think of an more eye catching title. But at the same time probably sounding more on the friendlier/laid back side.

Like maybe Avatar Oasis, or the Four Nation's Oasis. After a hard day of life, come soak in our peaceful forum's content!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:32 pm

I like Avatar Oasis. I don't know, I still think it deserves to have Avatar in the title.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:37 pm

I meant that as one sample title. If you think up any other interesting/catchy titles, post them here.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:15 pm

oh.....

well, either way, i think we need Avatar in it....

still, Avatar Oasis isn't that bad. it signifies a positive image and it certainly matches the kind of layout we have with all the blues and stuff...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Maybe we could have a banner of some kind with that oasis.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:06 pm

what oasis?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Wasn't there an Oasis landmark they went to in the show? Like we could take screenshots from that and or tweak them to work with the forum layout.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:54 pm

oh was there? i dont remember....

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:55 pm

I think so, but...come on! You're an Avatar fan to! Let's put our minds together. There has to be, it sounds so familiar...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 pm

are you talking about the pristine oasis they went to visit that was actually crap in the Desert?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Found it...

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Misty_Palms_Oasis

Wasn't exactly what I remember, but we could probably somehow use the ancient map scroll illustration that Aang had and work with that somehow.

Edit: Yeah that's it. See we could use this somehow.

A Heads Up - Page 2 Misty_Palms_Oasis_Map

Like maybe this could be the new post icon! It would look a lot more livelier. Appa is cool, but kinda dull in color. Not keeping my eyes alter if you get what I mean.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:15 pm

I kind of like that as a banner image.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:49 pm

I didn't mean using it all, I have PS so I can cut out all of it except for the ice and the trees and make a nice mini feature of it. We could also have a banner version of it as well.

Want to try that. I have to admit I am liking this forum layout more then the others, but at the same time it feels like it's not actively keeping my eyes awake, if you understand that.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum