Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Games

3 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Video Games - Page 3 Empty Re: Video Games

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:57 pm

right....

i just have to think of what that something is...and if i could somehow incorporate more forgotten Disney stuff.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Well good luck with that. I wouldn't make it something that sounds incredibly boring and I also wouldn't make it on the opposite line of being completely absurd. It'll have to be something in between, which can garner the attention span of many players, otherwise you're really narrowing down on your base (like how you explained that the first Epic Mickey did)
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:26 pm

yeah i know, i thought it was stupid you had to collect the rocket parts across the Wasteland. why the hell would rocket parts be in Adventureland? WHY? there's no point for it being there.

unless there needs to be more ingredients for the heart. like, what if the Mad Doctor tried to get through the portal in the beginning but it didnt work. so he put the mechanical hearts in people to control the Wasteland citizens while he searches for a way to perfect the heart. something like "the spirit of adventure" (Adventureland or the jungle...whatever it was called), "memories of the past" (Mickeyjunk Mountain), and stuff like that? this way, they're trying to get the things the Mad Doctor needs before he gets to them. and that would also force Oswald and Mickey to separate.

then the mystery could be how is it that the Mad Doctor is able to get the stuff before they do and that's when you realize Chernabog was working with him the entire time.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:30 pm

But then that goose hunt only applies to the villain, it works better when it's for the protagonists.

You really don't want to do that. A good villain always needs to be one step above them. Otherwise they'll just look utterly incompetent.

Unless you make it where the villain for some reason can't get the materials himself due to some weird or dangerous reason. He then cons Mickey and Oswald into getting them for him by some means of trickery and then steals them when they're all assembled.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:39 pm

what if Oswald and Mickey encounter the Mad Doctor after the first one and they win. then Mickey and Oswald split but they never run into the Mad Doctor. so they think their plan to split up worked. then you realize the Mad Doctor realized after losing to them to just let them do it and steal the stuff from them?

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:47 pm

You can do whatever you want to, but if you want this guy to be a real threat, he needs to be strong. Having him lose and just go in hiding just seems anticlimatic for a villain, don't you think?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:05 pm

but wouldn't it be anticlimatic anyway because Chernabog is the real villain and technically he would have been hiding for the whole game?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:14 pm

Well granted I don't know much about this character, so I don't know his personality and all. Either way you want someone who will captivate a large audience. If Chernabog can't do that without becoming OOC in some way, you might want to rework it somehow.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:20 pm

Chernabog is badass so he shouldn't come until the end anyway XD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Ca_edg6RE

this is why i wanted him to rise out of mickey junk mountain at the end and the group realizes he's the real threat. and have the Mad Doctor be the one who they think is the threat.

or is he just so badass he needs to be known as the threat from the beginning?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Well if people don't know about him, (not all people are fans) you might want to empathize his bad ass and threatening ways in the story somehow.

You can also twist the story to where he has clones or like shadowy plagued versions of him pester the group from time to time. Like say the true him can't escape from some place due to a seal or whatever. But he can let little bits of energy slip through from time to time, that being his shadowy goopy clone things.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:20 pm

they already did the 'some of him being released thing' with the blot. i could see him sending out his ghostly henchmen though.

but would it be better to keep Chernabog and the Mad Doctor or just get rid of the Mad Doctor all together?
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:28 pm

You're asking me too many questions, when those probably should be addressed to a true Disney fan. I don't know, to be honest. That's your call.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:53 pm

but i dont have a Disney fan friend anymore =O

curses >.<
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:03 pm

Well maybe you could explain a little bit about the Mad Doctor and Chernabog. If it would take too long to do that, don't worry about it. But I'll listen or more like read and give you my thoughts on it. I did Google them, but usually searches like that and Wikipedia aren't very helpful.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:23 pm

Chernabog is easy: he's a Satan-like figure that appears in Fantasia in the Night on Bald Mountain sequence. in the sequence, he emerges at night, calls forth the souls from hell and has ghosts and demons raid the town below. then church music and the daylight force him back into hiding. if you watch that link i posted earlier, that's all you really need to know about him XD

The Mad Doctor is from an old Mickey Mouse cartoon. in the game, however, he was working with Oswald and built robot versions of Goofy, Donald, and Daisy for Oswald. once the Blot took over, the Mad Doctor betrayed Oswald and tried to take over the Wasteland with the Blot. when Mickey comes to the Wasteland, he tries to take out Mickey's heart but fails. he also created these robotic villains in the game to try and do that. but then Mickey stopped him. that's really all he does in the game.

personally, i think Chernabog is the bigger threat but i wasnt sure if Chernabog was 'forgotten' enough to be the main villain in the Wasteland. he's becoming pretty popular now.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:36 pm

The mad doctor was used once for the main villain right? No need to milk him more then needed. Chernabog might be getting popular (I don't know) but I'm sure this new popular version of him is in a new stylized style...for lack of a better term.

You could have this be the retro looking Chernabog. He's totally pissed that his newer version is getting a lot more recognition, while him the original and far superior version is still forgotten enough to be stuck in this dump. The ideas you could come up with this set up are pretty limitless as well.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:48 pm

the mad doctor was a secondary villain. and he didn't do much in my opinion. i started thinking about getting rid of him because if i can simplify the story just a little bit, it will give me more room to flesh out the adventure aspect of the story.

it's bad enough there's one Chernabog running around, we don't need another one lol XD.

it could be though that Chernabog is gaining power due to his rise in popularity. that could be the reason he awoke in the first place.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:55 pm

So is there a newer version of Chernabog compared to the older one? Cause you could somehow imply in the story that he is related to the older style.

Does the story ask for Chernabog and or the mad doctor? Cause if it doesn't ask for either, just choose the one that you find more interesting. A demonic like gooey shadow beast sounds more awesome then some doctor who couldn't even get camera time in the first game, if you ask me.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:02 pm

no, there's no newer version of Chernabog. it's just Chernabog. he's only becoming more popular amongst the older fans for a number of reasons. one of them being Fantasia was re-released on Blu Ray.

and yeah, Chernabog is the best disney villain ever...in my opinion. he scared the crap out of me as a kid.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:08 pm

Well there you go. Seems like you knew which villain you wanted to use from the start. Just use him, he's already got that creepiness going for him. The mad doctor is still a human, no matter how creepy you make him, so a nonhuman beast keeps the story/villain more unsettling. There's just more you can work with him.

You say that church and lights cause him to go back into hiding right? Well what if they had to go in search of the legendary bible pages lol.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:05 pm

lol yes.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Another draft :D. I think this one fixes A LOT of the problems with the other drafts.

Shortly after his adventures in the Wasteland, Mickey Mouse cannot help but to feel unsatisfied at the fact that Oswald and all the other forgotten characters are still in the Wasteland without any hearts. Mickey employs the help of Professor Ludwig von Drake who manages to create an artificial heart prototype that will hopefully allow the citizens of the Wasteland to travel to Mouseton.

Using the little bit of the Blot inside him, Mickey travels back to the Wasteland. However, in doing so, a part of the Blot falls into the artificial heart without Mickey knowing. When Mickey arrives at the Wasteland castle, Oswald informs him that he suspects Chernabog might be waking due to his rise in popularity. Oswald asks Mickey if he will accompany him to the outskirts of Mickeyjunk Mountain, where Chernabog resides. Upon arriving, Mickey decides to show Oswald the heart he brought. Unfortunately, Oswald is angry and offended when he sees the heart: he would rather have no heart at all than a fake one. In his anger, Oswald throws the creation away. However, Chernabog awakens and steals the heart. He tries to get through the portal to Mousteon however, it doesn’t work. Without any sort of hint as to what his plans are, Chernabog heads to Tomorrow City.

Panicking, Mickey and Oswald rush to Tomorrow City. Along the way, Oswald blames Mickey for bringing the heart to the Wasteland in the first place while Mickey points out it was Oswald who threw the heart away. Unable to come to a resolution, the two run into Doctor Einmug who manages to deduce that the prototype heart is incomplete. In order for Chernabog to reach Mousteon, the heart requires an outlook of the future, the spirit of adventure, fear, a place to call home, and memories of the past. Realizing Chernabog must be in Tomorrow City to collect a piece of the heart, Mickey and Oswald attempt to stop Chernabog. However, they are too late as Chernabog collects blueprints of an expanded Wasteland.

Oswald suggests he and Mickey split up in search of the rest of ingredients Chernabog needs. Mickey heads for Ventureland for the spirit of adventure while Oswald goes to Bog Easy for fear. The two quickly realize Chernabog is sending his ghostly minions throughout the Wasteland to wreak havoc on the citizens and distract Mickey and Oswald from their mission. However, both Mickey and Oswald manage to get the ingredients and meet one another in Mean Street. Together, Mickey and Oswald travel to Ostown for a place to call home and then to Mickeyjunk Mountain for memories of the past.

When they arrive to Mickeyjunk Mountain, Mickey and Oswald manage to successfully collect Fantasia’s film reel. However, Chernabog appears and steals all the ingredients Mickey and Oswald have collected. Using all the ingredients, Chernabog transports to Mouseton. Mickey manages to jump onto Chernabog as he does so and Mickey is forced to fight Chernabog alone in Mouseton.

Once Mickey manages to defeat Chernabog, Yen Sid arrives and forces Chernabog into a dormant state back in the Wasteland. Mickey sheepishly hands Yen Sid the heart. As Yen Sid prepares to close the portal separating Mouseton from the Wasteland, Mickey walks towards the portal and apologizes to Oswald. Oswald forgives Mickey and apologizes as well. Suddenly, Oswald’s chest begins to glow as a heart forms inside of him. Chests glow inside citizens across the Wasteland. Seeing that the characters are forming their own hearts, Yen Sid decides to leave the portal to the Wasteland opened, thereby connecting the two world forever.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:49 pm

hen Mickey arrives at the Wasteland castle, Oswald informs him that he suspects Chernabog might be waking due to his rise in popularity.
When I said that the main villain shouldn't be mentioned too late in the story, I also didn't mean he should be revealed too early or be well known. I think you could work on this a little more, no offense.

It doesn't sound too logical on their part to just wander where they know he actually exists or sleeps, and lug around the heart which is potentially dangerous in the wrong hands to boot.

So yeah a little tweaking here could really do well. Like maybe you could have that random game-play part (that you mentioned they always do in the beginning of games like Epic Mickey, where it doesn't necessarily move the main plot and starts before it.)

Say like the player controls Mickey and Oswald (where they can switch between characters) to go through an obstacle course like world, where both characters need to use each other to progress to get to the end point. That end point being where Chernabog sleeps, but they don't know.

Say like they meet at some town, then go through some wild outdoors obstacles to get to a hillside in the nature to have some brother time (which the scene takes place after the challenging obstacle and where Mickey shows the heart and Oswald gets annoyed by it and tosses it below the hillside, which he just thinks is some random secret nature spot. Does this all make sense?

Then the game would have a pan shot of the heart at the bottom as creepy shadowy goop forms around it or something. It leaves much more suspense. Maybe soon after or a little before having something as trivial as a newspaper blowing through the wind, with news or a warning picture/ad of Chernabog.

It all depends on how you work it in, which makes it all that more effective. This was just an idea.

Everything else about the story sounds great, but I would work in why Chernabog can't do this all by himself or strengthen it, if you did explain.

Because if he later steals all of the pieces, that means he could leave his post or lair. Wouldn't it make sense then that he could had done it himself? I think to make it more believable, there needs to be a reason why he can't and also if he can't, there might also need to be a way he tricks the others into giving him the pieces somehow.

Maybe something as simple as one of his clone goop beasts being able to shapeshit into the doctor, who then turns back after getting all of the pieces and handing them over to his master. Great edits so far!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun May 01, 2011 8:47 am

gotcha.

chernabog tends to stay in one place on the night at bald mountain sequence so it's quite possible he's stuck there. so that would make sense.

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun May 01, 2011 8:20 pm

Shortly after his adventures in the Wasteland, Mickey Mouse cannot help but to feel unsatisfied at the fact that Oswald and all the other forgotten characters are still in the Wasteland without any hearts. Mickey employs the help of Professor Ludwig von Drake who manages to create an artificial heart prototype that will hopefully allow the citizens of the Wasteland to travel to Mouseton.

Using the little bit of the Blot inside him, Mickey travels back to the Wasteland. However, in doing so, a part of the Blot falls into the artificial heart without Mickey knowing. When Mickey arrives at the Wasteland castle, Oswald invites him to see the Mickeyjunk Mountain Clean-up where everything related to Mickey will once again be restored. Upon arriving, Mickey decides to show Oswald the heart he brought. Unfortunately, Oswald is angry and offended when he sees the heart: he would rather have no heart at all than a fake one. In his anger, Oswald throws the creation away. However, Chernabog, who was previously buried by the junk, awakens and steals the heart. He tries to get through the portal to Mousteon however, it doesn’t work. Chernabog sends his ghosts and demons towards the two.

Panicking, Mickey and Oswald flee to Mean Street. Seeing that the ghosts and demons are beginning to spread throughout the Wasteland, Oswald suggests the two visit Doctor Einmug in Tomorrow City. Along the way, Oswald blames Mickey for bringing the heart to the Wasteland in the first place while Mickey points out it was Oswald who threw the heart away. Unable to come to a resolution, the two run into Doctor Einmug who manages to deduce that the prototype heart is incomplete. In order for Chernabog to reach Mousteon, the heart requires an outlook of the future, the spirit of adventure, fear, a place to call home, and memories of the past. To stop Chernabog, Mickey and Oswald must collect the missing ingredients before his minions do and get the heart back from Chernabog.

Oswald suggests he and Mickey split up in search of the rest of ingredients Chernabog needs. Mickey stays in Tomorrow City to collect an outlook of the future while Oswald travels to Ostown to collect a place called home. Fighting against a robot-controlling ghost and Professor Ratigan, the two manage to successfully collect the ingredients. The two meet in Mean Street before separating once again: Mickey heads for Ventureland for the spirit of adventure while Oswald goes to Bog Easy for fear. There, they encounter villains such as the Horned King and the Headless Horseman. Again, Mickey and Oswald convene in Mean Street before preparing to head towards Mickeyjunk Mountain again where the last ingredient resides and Chernabog awaits.

When they arrive to Mickeyjunk Mountain, Mickey and Oswald manage to successfully collect Fantasia’s film reel. However, Chernabog emerges and steals all the ingredients Mickey and Oswald have collected. Using all the ingredients, Chernabog transports to Mouseton. Mickey manages to jump onto Chernabog as he does so and Mickey is forced to fight Chernabog alone in Mouseton.

Once Mickey manages to defeat Chernabog, Yen Sid arrives and forces Chernabog into a dormant state back in the Wasteland. Mickey sheepishly hands Yen Sid the heart. As Yen Sid prepares to close the portal separating Mouseton from the Wasteland, Mickey walks towards the portal and apologizes to Oswald. Oswald forgives Mickey and apologizes as well. Suddenly, Oswald’s chest begins to glow as a heart forms inside of him. Chests glow inside citizens across the Wasteland. Seeing that the characters are forming their own hearts, Yen Sid decides to leave the portal to the Wasteland opened, thereby connecting the two world forever.

Another draft :D

I'm not sure how I feel about Professor Ratigan being one of the villains. Yeah, he's forgotten but I'm not sure how to connect him with Chernabog....would it be too mature if he was a ghost version of himself? That would be badass but I don't think that would do well in a kid's game XD

Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next