Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REEEEEEELLLY long cell phone plan

4 posters

Go down

REEEEEEELLLY long cell phone plan Empty REEEEEEELLLY long cell phone plan

Post  zfish9 Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:08 pm

My mother just bought a new cellphone. the old one died, and it was for emergencies only. she bought a new cell phone for half the cost of the old one, and just transferred the number and minutes over. I came downstairs to hear this just as she called to activate it. when she called to activate it, the woman from India said that my mother had 13942 days of service left. My mother also got a deal that any extra minutes that she's buy would be doubled.

That is not a typo, i didn't mean hours, I mean DAYS of service. when you do the math, it expires in 38 years, and 63 days. when my mother did the math, she asked the woman if that was correct, after all, she might not of heard that correctly due to India's accent. The India woman said it was what her screen said.

My mother then explained that it would give her 38 years of service. she said that she doesn't mind the 38 years Laughing but she didn't want the woman in India to get in trouble or fired. the India woman then asked her to hold so she can check with her supervisor. when she came back, she said that, "yes, it was correct. just try to buy a service card before then"

Of course, the entire time, my mother couldn't stop laughing and the India woman was finding it hard not to, but she was trying to be professional. my mother just replied with "Will do." the India woman also said "Thank you for being a loyal customer" before going into fits of laughter.

After that, we went over to my father in the family room. we told him the story, and he just said "38 years?" in disbelief. we then explained into it even more, laughing the entire time, and all he repeated was "38 years?"

Last edited by zfish9 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

REEEEEEELLLY long cell phone plan Empty Re: REEEEEEELLLY long cell phone plan

Post  Lee Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:25 pm

How the hell are they even going to make a profit? They might go out of business with a deal like that and then those years won't mean anything.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:18 pm

tell us your secrets.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:24 pm

@Lee: Well, we still have to buy our minutes, but other then that, IDK how they could do that.

@LS: Erm... call the right company at the right time with the right workstation in India?
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:37 pm

^ oh so they get you by having you buy the minutes....those tricksters.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:12 am

Is this a well known company? I'm curious if the product and service is pretty good quality. Not that I plan on going to them or getting a 40 year phone service.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:10 pm

So I'm still somewhat curious. What cellphone company is this? Is it a well known one like Verizon?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:22 pm

It'd just a trackphone and my mom gets more service with it then with At&T or Verison.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:56 pm

does that mean you're stuck on a contract with them for 38 years???? what if you want to opt out? That would be one heck of a cancellation fee, I'm thinking!

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding? Over here, the cell phone companies are all cheats in some ways. You get a cheaper phone by entering into a plan - 1, 2 or 3 years. Usually it's three years, but if you don't want to stay for that long, they'll increase the price on the phone and lower the timeframe for your plan. They promise you some really great packages with the contract, but your bill almost always comes to about $20-$30 more than it should be because of all sorts of little things and loopholes they didn't bother mentioning when you signed the paper. And then, once you realise you've been duped and service has started getting worse and worse, and you see something better at the rival service provider, you call them up to cancel your contract, and they slap you with a fee of "the total of the remaining months' bills or $200 (or something), whichever is greater." Arrgh!

Apparently Canada has some of the world's worst cell phone, internet and TV services. I totally agree!
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:30 pm

No, I believe that we'd get free service and no payments on the phone itself for 38 years.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:14 pm

Wow.

Ok that IS awesome! You get all sorts of features in the service then? Like voicemail, caller ID, etc? We have to pay extra for things like that unless it's in a specific package.... What happens if you want to upgrade your phone??
Uruviel
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:22 pm

To me it sounded like a really shady service from the beginning when you told me all the bonuses you received. Just keep an eye out for any loose strings that might be attached to this deal. After all it's a company outside of US right? If for some reason they do hit you hard with some kind of scam, it would be out of legal government business being outside of US territory...at least I think so.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum