Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New news for the Avatar Movie!

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New news for the Avatar Movie! - Page 2 Empty Re: New news for the Avatar Movie!

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:27 pm

both are hard for me to see and ive only seen each on tv once so i cant really say which one i liked better. i do approve of Zuko though in this trailer. and Katara. But I still didn't see Appa. =O
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17171

Back to top Go down

New news for the Avatar Movie! - Page 2 Empty Re: New news for the Avatar Movie!

Post  Lee Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:34 pm

Appa was very far away and it was only for a split second, though there was no doubt that it was him. It was good to see all the characters, and they better have Momo and Sokka's boomerang!
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18531

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:44 pm

^ i cant imagine Night not having those things in the movie. he calls himself a fan of the show so.....and my philosophy is a fan (but a professional director) would make a better movie than just any old director they decided to hire. the only issue here is the series is so long and most of the episodes become important at one point so it must have been really hard to condense the series.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:49 pm

That was already discussed in his interview with Mike and Bryan. After some planning he came back to meet him, showing what he had. They pretty much said "You're going to have to shorten that." to which he said he couldn't do such a thing.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:54 pm

yeah, i mean, i know they had to shorten it but the question is whether or not they were able to shorten it successfully. which could make or break the movie. the Harry Potter movie series has failed at times because of this issue...particularly the 3rd one. so it's just a wait and see type of thing.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:56 pm

A lot of season 1 was just fillers so that only leaves a few episodes to work with. Jet isn't really needed and could be done away with, there will be whiny fans, but there can't really be enough time to cover what was portrayed in the episode Jet.

If you listen to the narrator, it's actually Avatar Roku.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:02 am

^ yeah but the thing with Jet is 1. that was the first episode Night saw and was like "i like this show" so I doubt he'd take that out unless he couldn't find anything else to cut. 2. he becomes kind of important in the second season. I mean, they can't go to Lake Laogai without him....I mean...yeah....I guess they could....man...I like him. he's a jerk but he's like a good villain for that one episode.

and I know it's Avatar Roku but im pretty sure that's just as the announcer of the movie since the original guy passed away ...last year or something. so i dont know if that means he's just the announcer of the trailer or he's actually in it as Avatar Roku.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:06 am

LS I'm sure he's in it for the real deal. I doubt they would hire someone with a almost identical voice and then pay someone else to do the part.

Anyway I'm just saying, besides who says they're going to keep Lake Lagaio or the part where Appa is kidnapped? They might just skip that and focus on something else. We won't know until the time comes.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:12 am

^ they're two different people according to imdb.com

movie version: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0177374/

tv version: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0308127/

im not saying imdb.com is definitely correct but since James Garrett has to do the voice work for all trailers that require a voice, he may not fit their budget anymore.

i realized they could take it out at the end, that's why i kept drifting off. which stinks cause i liked Lake Laogai. it was like a Twilight Zone episode.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:58 pm

Oh I didn't say they used the same guy, I'm saying that whoever is narrating should be Roku in the film.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:24 pm

^ oh......but i think the person that's narrating the movie is Roku from the tv series. he was the narrator in the teaser trailer anyway. i think...id have to listen to it again.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:29 am

Are you sure? He did sound like him, but it seemed like his voice was a little off.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:44 pm

^ i dont know, id have to hear it again. i could also be mixing up with the other trailers ive heard him do. so im not entirely sure. i just thought they sounded the same at a first hearing of it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:56 pm

Well either way I just hope they have someone portray him pretty well. Right now I like all the characters chosen except for Iroh's. I haven't seen enough of him yet, but of all of them, he looks nothing like Iroh. As long as he portrays his personality well, then everything's fine.

The only other thing I don't really like too much is how serious Aang and Sokka are, if they keep their goofy sides, then the spiritual world is in balance and cosmic energy like that blah blah blah...
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:07 pm

^ i don't like how Zuko's scar isn't as bad as it is in the cartoon. I feel like that takes a lot away from his character.

also, on avatarspirit.net there's a link where apparently someone who worked as an extra is giving out info that he knows about the movie. i dont remember what he said though and im taking his opinions with a grain of salt.

if i remember correctly, someone (whether it was that random extra or a reviewer of the movie) mentioned sokka's personality....ill see if i can find it.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:14 pm

^ i don't like how Zuko's scar isn't as bad as it is in the cartoon. I feel like that takes a lot away from his character.
Aang's arrow is awesome looking and for Zuko's scar if you want a red sharpie marker print be my guest. The scar has little to do if Dev can nail down his personality. His true scar is mental not physical.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:18 pm

Okay this is the link: http://aintitcool.com/node/43869

Basically, the one who gave a good review said the following regarding characters:

-Iroh is awesome and easily the best part of the movie
-Zuko is equally as good.
-Noah (Aang) is very good considering it's his first role (he doesn't mention his personality)
-Sokka is over the top: whether the reviewer meant Rathbone couldn't act very well in serious scenes or it's simply Sokka's personality he/she doesn't say. But this person hasn't seen the show so I'm guessing Sokka still has his goofy personality.

there are also a couple of corny romance set-up scenes so I'm guessing that means Aang still has his personality too.

the bad review said the worst characters in terms of acting were Aang and Commander Zhao.

So it's a tough call. But the good review gave a bit more detail in the review and from they wrote, it seems like it is very close to the show.

As for Zuko's scar, i meant symbolically it's important. that's why i don't like how it's played down.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:21 pm

I still rest my case. I'd rather have a lousy scar and a good Zuko impersonation.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:55 pm

I found the japanese trailer to Avatar and there is some new footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvXVy7J35-k

i also found this altered version of the full length trailer which has Aang's voice at the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3dHwSIEW44&feature=player_embedded#

there is also apparently another trailer coming out (i believe) that has the Kyoshi warriors...people are saying its in How to Train Your Dragon. Im not sure if they're talking about the trailer i just posted or if its a full new trailer. I do plan on seeing How to Train Your Dragon at some point so if I do...I'll let you know.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:33 pm

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44781

Basics:

-The movie will be switched to 3D

-A new trailer is going to appear during Iron Man 2

-New trailer is awesome, unlike anything we've seen thus far.

-The creatures will be in the trailer. I'm guessing this means Momo and Appa. Though it'd be cool if we saw some other creatures...like Koh or something...
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:37 pm

What? So it's going to be all CGI now? Why make a plan such as that when they're already so far ahead in the casting and all...that is really stupid.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:39 pm

^ no, its not all going to be CGI. they're just putting it in 3D. so the movie will have depth to it. They did this with Clash of the Titans but apparently that didnt go very well. Though Clash of the Titans had little time to convert it to 3D while Airbender has plenty of time.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Oh in that case they should make it 4D.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:28 pm

if that were possible, im sure they would.

honestly, i dont know how i feel about this whole "3D craze" thing. sometimes i find it annoying where the depth perception actually distracts me. like the news thing says, i wish they would make it more like Nightmare Before Christmas because the 3D was more subtle so it wasnt as distracting. for me anyway...the last couple of movies ive seen in 3D haven't impressed me because it was like they were shoving the 3D in your face so it was more like a park ride than a movie...

and thats my opinion on 3D. yep...im hoping M. Night goes more towards the subtle portion of 3D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:19 am

Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next