Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bad news

5 posters

Go down

bad news Empty bad news

Post  karin Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:02 pm

my internet is being took out for a while to be fixed som i dont know how long i could be gone....maybe months...or maybe weeks ...theres not much i can do sorry.... but im not abandennig the site just to let you all know so lee you will have to control everything again sorry .

Earth Bender

Female Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

bad news Empty Re: bad news

Post  Lee Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:15 pm

If this is only a matter of being repaired it should not take no month to fix it. Maybe a week or two, but not months.

Though from what you typed there seems to be more involved then some repairing.....not to sound pessimistic or rude, but is there a chance you might not come back? I'm sure your parents are paying for connection, is it due to them not wanting to pay for the service?

I won't take over the RP until I hear some more information from you, cause you're part of this RP to. We'll even wait a week or two if you need be. I'll also see what the rest of the group thinks as well.

Tis a shame, I thought since that it would be the Winter break some things might get moved along.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18532

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:05 pm

yeah the last year we have had problems , so the money were paying is wasted .....im really upset this site is like my refuge. my cousin is also rather put down she liked the site too . i consider you all good friends but i dont know how long this will take as my parents wont start paying again untill the connection is fixed.

i have advertied the site in my college and two people , sarah and james showed interest and may sign up they saif they would take a look and see if the site was oaky.

but i dont think i will have interent access for a while i try to login in college so i hope i will be back soon . if not i regret i will struggle to stay active and will miss you all

willow magee x

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:58 pm

That is bad, the last thing we need is to lose more of our already small group. You're all great people and I'd hate to see any of you leave whether it's intended or forced. Don't get an ideas, I wasn't referring to your problems just stating theoretically.

How long do you think you'll have the internet at your house? Or is it already gone? I'm just curious.

While this is pretty bad, there are some alternatives. If you still have access to the internet at your house for the time being I suggest you use it until it's dead. Afterwards I'd suggest finding some area with connection. Maybe your school, a local school, or a Library?

I wouldn't suggest internet cafes or some sort of club for the use of the internet since it would most likely cost money for the hour or depending on other circumstances.

Of course using public connections would mean that you wouldn't be able to log on during the nights, so you wouldn't be on at the same time as most of us, or it would be less likely, except for the weekends. Do you know of any place nearby that would have public access to the internet?

If you would like me to I could help search through different public spots nearby that would have connection. Just give me the area where you live, not your address maybe the city or something. I'd hate to see anyone go and would help in any way that I could to keep the Avatar RP family together.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:09 pm

Ok so we haven't gotten any replies from Karin for about a week now I believe. I'm curious if you guys would like us to move on the RP for the time being. If she comes back she can control here characters again.

I haven't formed any sort of idea how I'm going to control or move along the story yet. I really didn't want to bother with that if you guys were iffy with starting up the rp without her. So if you guys agree to it I'll form some sort of plan during these other days to start it up again.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to force you guys into starting up the RP if you don't like the idea say so. I waited a week without any interference to the RP because of that. I planned on waiting a week or two until we made a move. So what do you guys think?
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:35 pm

at this point, i dont care. part of me is thinking that it is wrong to start the RP without Karin but the other part of me just wants to get this started. ive gotten kingdom hearts out of my system and the fact that Max's voice from a Goofy Movie is Jet's voice makes me want to RP all over again =P.

so yay =D
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 17172

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:46 pm

^ Where'd you learn that? From watching the credits of the movie?

I know I have the same feeling as you LS, but she also said she has no idea when she will get her internet back. She can still use public connection, which if it is abundant in a small town where I live it should be in decent numbers in the bustling areas of Europe.

I'll see what Zfish and Haru say.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:16 pm

^ nah i looked it up on imdb.com. i wanted to see if they used the same kid for Max as they did for little Max in the Goof Troop cartoon. i already knew the person that does the voice of Max was kovu in Lion King 2 and ...something else.....but Jet was totally unexpected. he is also directing a new movie yay Max =D

edit: that something else was Haku from Spirited Away. as soon as i heard him i was like "MAXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" lol XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:48 pm

The thing I found to be the most interesting was Mark Hammil played Ozai. In Star Wars he had a not so pleasant life due to his father Darth Vader. In Avatar he voice acts Ozai who in return does the same to Zuko.
Lee
Lee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:13 pm

i'm all for moving on the rp, but i don't mind if we end up waiting.
zfish9
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  HaruWolf Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:19 pm

I'm fine with whatever you decide to do. Very Happy

PS: Kovu, Haku, and Max were all voiced by Jason Marsden, but Jet was voiced by Crawford Wilson.
HaruWolf
HaruWolf
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 248

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:44 pm

^ Jason Marsden played Jet in the episodes "Lake Laogai" and "The Tales of Ba Sing Se" or at least he's given credit for those two episodes....actually, it's part of one and the other one completely. my guess is the original voice actor was busy or something so they had Jason Marsden play Jet for a few scenes and then in the other episode completely.
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  HaruWolf Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:22 pm

^ Oh cool, I didn't know that. Now that you mention it, Jet does sound a lot like Kovu and Haku.
HaruWolf
HaruWolf
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 248

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:35 pm

at least in those two episodes im sure he does lol XD
Loyal Subject
Loyal Subject

Back to top Go down

Post  karin Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:57 pm

LOL at how LS made this go off-topic lol.

well i'm back. it seems brother caused a few problems so i appologizse for him.

i would like to thank lee GREATLY for doing a really good job on the coal fight in my absence!!!
XD

im just happy to be back !!!!!

Earth Bender

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down