Literature!!!

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Literature!!!

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:15 pm

there's just stuff cut out of the movie. otherwise it's accurate. and the book gives reasons for Molly's bi-polar behavior XD. seriously i saw it recently and it looks like she suffers from bi-polar disorder. it's funny =P. and poor Schemdrick <sp?> gets yelled at all the time. but he does in the book too unfortunately. =/
Loyal Subject

Female Number of posts : 16976

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HaruWolf on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:34 pm

The Last Unicorn is one of my favorite movies. I'll have to read the book when I get the chance. Very Happy
HaruWolf
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 248

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:08 pm

lol. Poor Schmendrick! He tries to hard to help everyone, without thinking about himself, and he just gets shouted at all the time.

There's a Bryan Adams song which reminds me of one of the songs in the movie - the one where Prince Lear and Amalthea (that's the unicorn's name, right?) are singing about how they love each other..... I can't remember it's name though...... just a random thought that popped in to my head :)
Uruviel
Water Bender

Female Number of posts : 243

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:48 am

A unicorn singing? Sounds a bit corny. Scratch that a whole lot of corniness!
Lee
Admin

Male Number of posts : 18346

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HaruWolf on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:11 am

Lee Tamotsu wrote:A unicorn singing? Sounds a bit corny. Scratch that a whole lot of corniness!

No, the magician turns the unicorn into a woman. Then the woman sings!
HaruWolf
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:56 am

LOL
Yeah she was being hunted by the mythical Red Bull, so Schmendrick the Magician cast an ambiguous spell to save her and accidentally turned her into a human woman. And then she started becoming more and more human as time passed, so she fell in love with Prince Lear, and "learned to regret" among other things. But hey, who says unicorns can't sing? They're magical creatures - if the centaurs and the fauns can sing and dance, so can the unicorns, no?

freedom and equality for all? Haha!
Uruviel
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:48 pm

freedom and equality for all? Haha!
I'll keep that in mind once my cat starts singing "Hello, My Baby" with a top hat and cane.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:02 pm

there's a lot of singing in the book. it's somewhat annoying. at least....it's annoying because i dont know how the songs go and they're just words in a book .....=/
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:07 pm

Do they sing "Hello my baby"?
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:41 pm

^ no but they play that in Wall E =D
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:39 am

Aw i wanted to watch the movie - i heard it was really cute and sad and funny =]

Hey apparently the twilight movie's release date has been bumped up to Nov. 21st since the new Harry Potter movie has been moved to some time next year...... I think I may just go an watch it, although I'm still not happy with the people they chose to play the characters.

But, ack!! what am I doing here?? I'm supposed to be studying for my religion midterm which is in like 11 hours!! Ciao!
Uruviel
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  karin on Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:55 am

i am happy with emmet and jasper but thats all. perhaps quill too, shaem none of the REAL main cast suit lol.

Earth Bender

Female Number of posts : 717

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:46 am

I think the only one who fits is Bella..... and maybe Alice. But frig, Rosalie? Jasper? wth? And Robert Pattison as EDWARD???? Hell no.

Well, we'll see.... maybe I will, maybe I wont.... it'll depend on my mood at the time and how much my friends pester me about it :P
Uruviel
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:57 pm

Uruviel wrote:But frig, Rosalie? Jasper? wth? And Robert Pattison as EDWARD???? Hell no.
Right cause we all know that books have photographs of what the characters must look like.

Everyone's depiction of a character will be different. Though if you are repulsed by it that much, you can always make your own Twilight movie with your choice of who Edward should be.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  karin on Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:43 am

no rosalie is described as having a prefect figure and the most attractive woman in the world. i like jasper though they messed up his hair ( look at the actor in real he is better lol) i hated the choice for jacob ...but im getting used to it but SHARKBOY for crying out loud. alice is not okay they altered her hair style and that is alices trademark besides the fashion complex . harry potter had a very good cast emmet however is spot on IMO lol .

Earth Bender

Female Number of posts : 717

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uruviel on Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:33 am

Lee Tamotsu wrote:Everyone's depiction of a character will be different. Though if you are repulsed by it that much, you can always make your own Twilight movie with your choice of who Edward should be.

Lol - I'm not repulsed - just slightly annoyed. But those differences are what makes books and book-movies so much fun to talk about :D

Maybe I *will* make my own twilight movie. **thinks of actors that would fit better** Haha!

But, yeah, Rosalie doesn't look as much of the bombshell she's been described as in the book. She's supposed to be the girl who outshines everyone else and makes other girls cry with hopelessness just by walking down the street in a pair of torn jeans. And despite the whole vampire-eternal-youth thingy, I did envision Carlisle and Esme to look slightly older than Edward and all.... maybe that's just because their personalities are more mature than everyone else.....

I'm thinking maybe I will just go spend the $10 to watch it..... just for the heck of it. I've gone to see all the movies of my other fave books, despite the potential of disappointment **thinks of Eragon**. Why not stick to the tradition? Hehe! I guess it'll depend on how high my stress levels are for my 15 page Liguistics research essay........
Uruviel
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:51 pm

I think we can pretty much all agree that they could have picked someone better to play Edward. but you also need to understand that I'm sure the better people qualified for his role were not within their budget. It seems to me that they spent less of their budget on the actors and more on advertising and special effects. which I'm okay with. If there's anything that should have been sacrificed, I would have chosen the actors too. Because honestly, I'd rather have Robert as Edward then say Zac Effron. and i think the fact that the fact that the leads aren't as popular as you would think adds to the realism of the book. because the book is located in an average place where you wouldn't think anything supernatural would happen. if they would have had famous actors in every role, i think it would have taken that aspect away from the story.

even though i supported Johnny Depp being Carlisle =D

anyway...........so i finished the Last Unicorn and im now reading the Coda. i mean, the book is almost exactly like the movie so i wouldn't necessarily recommend it to anyone unless you're just curious. it's not like a harry potter.....they only cut out maybe two major aspects of the book. and that's about it. so yeah....but at least i got the coda =D.

i also think Molly Grue is prettier in the book than in the movie. i think they could have done a better character design for her in the movie. everyone else is okay though. maybe Lir needs some work but whatever. =P oh yeah and the tree scene was overly done in the movie it was unnecessary. and that's all i have to say about that.

my sister borrowed Basil of Baker Street from the library so im totally reading it when she's done =D. and maybe the Secret of Nimh .......yeah
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:50 pm

I know I'm going to hate myself tomorrow or when you guys get on to read this post, but what the heck I'm going to do it anyway!

No matter how much you guys hated the thought of the movie, or the cast, from what I've gathered, Twilight outsold the new Bond movie, but not by much. They almost had a tie, it was the number one seller in theaters.

I also heard that a bunch of annoying screaming kids were kicked out of the theater due to disturbance of the peace.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zfish9 on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:54 pm

Lee Tamotsu wrote:I also heard that a bunch of annoying screaming kids were kicked out of the theater due to disturbance of the peace.
was that you LS?
zfish9
Air Bender

Male Number of posts : 2239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:04 am

God I hope not, I haven't finished making repairs on our bomb shelter from our last attack.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HaruWolf on Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:27 am

I saw Twilight today, and I thought that it was great! Wink My favorite character was Bella. I've never read any of the books though.
HaruWolf
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:29 pm

Lee Tamotsu wrote:I know I'm going to hate myself tomorrow or when you guys get on to read this post, but what the heck I'm going to do it anyway!

No matter how much you guys hated the thought of the movie, or the cast, from what I've gathered, Twilight outsold the new Bond movie, but not by much. They almost had a tie, it was the number one seller in theaters.

I also heard that a bunch of annoying screaming kids were kicked out of the theater due to disturbance of the peace.

i know, i was so excited when i heard that.

and no it wasn't me, zfish, as a matter of fact i was one of the people that kept yelling at the screaming kids >_>. well my friend did anyway, they were annoying T_T during the second time i saw it. the premier everyone was screaming so whatever.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HaruWolf on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:15 pm

Yeah, it was a great movie. I'm going to go and see it for the second time on Tuesday. I also heard that they are already planning on making a movie out of the second book, New Moon.
HaruWolf
Water Bender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee on Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:21 am

I don't get seeing the same movie twice at the theater. Well not during the same week or very closely together.

I heard that's one of the reasons why it made first place, people were seeing it twice, or even more times then that. One person on a radio show said they saw it every day of the week, that's a bit overboard.
Lee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal Subject on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:25 pm

i saw it twice. though my reason was simple. the first time i saw it, it was midnight, and for whatever reason (most likely i was tired) i didn't have an opinion on it. it was just there. maybe the realism of the movie shocked me or something like that because i couldn't tell 100% if i liked it or not. i thought i did but i had this weird feeling like i was missing something. that's the best way i can explain it...it's strange, i've never felt that way before about a movie....so i went to go see it again so i could have an opinion on it.

i very rarely see movies more than once in theaters because i want to. sometimes i see a movie again because i was invited with friends and then the second time my family wanted to go to the movies and they just happen to pick the one that i already saw. that's what happened with the 4th harry potter anyway.

the only movies ive seen more than once because i wanted to were Narnia (the first one), Sweeney Todd, and Twilight. Narnia because i saw it, really liked it, read the book again, then saw it again. and because i was obsessed with it so yeah....Sweeney Todd i saw more than once because it was just awesome XD. and also because the first time i closed my eyes for some parts that i didnt need to shut my eyes so i missed out on stuff...so i saw it again knowing when not to look. i missed two whole songs the first time. yup.
Loyal Subject

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum